Lash

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 11:44 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
That’s about a 9 on the bitter old asshole meter, there, bud.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 01:24 pm
@OurRev305

'Beto drops “no lobbyists” from his fundraising emails a day after The Intercept reports he took lobbyist money.'
blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:01 pm
This is good news
Quote:
Warren approaches breakout with black voters
The Massachusetts Democrat's policies and focus on racial inequality have sparked intense interest from black activists.
Politico
Lash

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:05 pm
@Brand X,
Goddammit, that’s a duplicitous wanker.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:20 pm
3rd venue: “Bern, Baby Bern” blasting from speakers. Every age represented As many green hairs as grey hairs.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:25 pm
Legal scholars on the Mueller report. Here's the first one.

Quote:
‘The report did not exonerate the president’
Marisa Maleck is a senior associate with King & Spalding, and a former clerk to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

I found the most surprising part of the report to be twofold: One, that special counsel Mueller went out of his way multiple times to dispel the notion that there is any concept called “collusion,” and that what he investigated was instead coordination and conspiracy; and two, that the report did not exonerate the president even with respect to conspiracy and coordination.

Although the report stated that there was “no evidence” of conspiracy or coordination, it left open the possibility that there may be evidence out there that the president’s associates suppressed. Some individuals invoked their Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. Some information was screened even from the special counsel and his team. Several people affiliated with the Trump campaign (including Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort) lied or provided incomplete information to the special counsel about their interactions with Russian-affiliated individuals. Still others deleted communications or used encryption that did not provide for the long-term retention of data. And with respect to redactions within the report, the ones concerning the Trump campaign’s interest in WikiLeaks’ releases of hacked material are particularly concerning.

The special counsel declined to make a recommendation on obstruction mostly because the Office of Legal Counsel has concluded, most recently in 2000, that a sitting president is immune from indictment. The report made clear that it is up to Congress to decide whether to use impeachment as a remedy. So what will matter most for the remainder of the Trump presidency is whether the House of Representatives will file articles of impeachment based on the substantial allegations that the president may have obstructed justice.

Politico

georgeob1

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:28 pm
@blatham,
Well she signed up to Al Sharpton's proposal to enact reparation payments to Blacks,
However, I suspect that was an act of desperation: Pocahontas appears to have shot her wad.

The remarkable thing to me here is that virtually none of the 22+ declared Democrat candidate appears to have yet broken our from the crowd:Sanders still leads the Pack. ( Each new entrant gets his/her three or so days in the media focus and then fades out.) I believe the Democrat Party Leaders will do all they can to prevent Sanders' nomination, because, despite the enthusiastic backing of about 20% of voters, he can't win an election.

Indeed right now Trump looks like the likely winner of the next election if any of this crowd is nominated. Democrat leaders may well conclude a possible one Term Biden Presidency is better than a likely Trump 2nd term.

How are you feeling? Well, I hope.
Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 03:30 pm
@revelette1,
If you recall we meddled in their elections and Putin was mighty pissed at Hillary, and publicly said so. Stands to reason he was pleased when Trump won the election, but not because Trump is his buddy.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/clinton-putin-226153

Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 03:47 pm
Buttigieg and Booker, no, but Warren says got to.

@ewarren

'The severity of this misconduct demands that elected officials in both parties set aside political considerations and do their constitutional duty. That means the House should initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States.'
Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 03:54 pm
That's just incredibly stupid. Impeach the fat boy and you just hand him a second term on a silver platter.
revelette1

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 03:54 pm
@Brand X,
The very fact you can compare the extent of Russia meddling of our elections and Hillary saying the Russian election was unfair is just telling on your part.

From your own link which I doubt you read.

Quote:
With the protesters accusing Putin of having rigged recent elections, the Russian leader pointed an angry finger at Clinton, who had issued a statement sharply critical of the voting results. “She said they were dishonest and unfair,” Putin fumed in public remarks, saying that Clinton gave “a signal” to demonstrators working “with the support of the U.S. State Department” to undermine his power. “We need to safeguard ourselves from this interference in our internal affairs,” Putin declared.
Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:08 pm
@revelette1,
There is a quote somewhere I found way back where Hillary herself that she was probably the reason hacking took place, so there is a connection. I'll try to find it again.

I am by no means absolving Trump and others of their idiocy in accepting a helping hand. I'm just saying Russia needed little reason, even though it seems they aren't very good at lending one.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:13 pm
@Setanta,
At this point, I am not sure it matters, unless another supreme court justice dies or retires which at least one more than likely will do either.

The following is what Holder said, I actually agree with him. Also, doubt an impeachment would work so well for Trump as it did Bill Clinton. After all, one involved basically sex, and the other is national security matters and obstruction of justice.

Quote:
"ANY competent public corruption prosecutor would bring obstruction charges against Trump/and win," Holder tweeted. "Only reason Mueller did not was because of the flawed DOJ restriction against indicting a sitting President. He said so (below). Congress now has a constitutional responsibility."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/holder-any-competent-prosecutor-could-win-obstruction-case-against-trump/ar-BBW6QDt?ocid=spartanntp
blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:15 pm
@georgeob1,
A bit like someone was messing about inside my heart for four hours otherwise almost fine. Thanks.
Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:18 pm
Some old wing, some of 'the five' for impeachment.

@AOC

'Mueller’s report is clear in pointing to Congress’ responsibility in investigating obstruction of justice by the President.

It is our job as outlined in Article 1, Sec 2, Clause 5 of the US Constitution.

As such, I’ll be signing onto @RashidaTlaib’s impeachment resolution.'
blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:23 pm
Today's edition of Voices From The Right

Quote:
Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, now a US senator from Utah, said Friday he was “sickened” and “appalled” by the details in the Mueller report.

“I am sickened at the extent and pervasiveness of dishonesty and misdirection by individuals in the highest office of the land, including the President,” he said in a statement posted to Twitter.

“I am also appalled that, among other things, fellow citizens working in a campaign for president welcomed help from Russia — including information that had been illegally obtained; that none of them acted to inform American law enforcement; and that the campaign chairman was actively promoting Russian interests in Ukraine,” the statement said.

“Reading the report is a sobering revelation of how far we have strayed from the aspirations and principles of the founders,” the statement said.
Boston Globe

Well, yeah.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:31 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That's just incredibly stupid. Impeach the fat boy and you just hand him a second term on a silver platter.

I am torn about it. On the one hand, I surely see how impeachment hearings could give 45 a martyr flag to fly right into 2020; on the other hand, all voters are not as deaf, dumb and blind as 45’s hardcore 35%.

Impeachment hearings might give the public a full airing of the depth of the foulness of the man... Mueller and others would certainly be called on to testify publicly under oath. I can see some possible utility in that for the eventual Dem candidate.
snood

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:33 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

A bit like someone was messing about inside my heart for four hours otherwise almost fine. Thanks.

Glad you’re well.
blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:42 pm
Quote:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders say there's no culture of lying at the White House
LA Times

And her father makes money selling bible-based diabetes and cancer cures. It's how godly people behave.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:44 pm
@snood,
Thank you. I can't do much for two weeks but that's my lifestyle anyway.
0 Replies