coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 10:27 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Sure is hard to get a republican operative to recognize a fact.

Sure is easy to repeat a lie.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 10:49 am
@blatham,
Go ahead - It's OK with me.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 10:59 am
@coldjoint,
Pot meet kettle.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 11:02 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Pot meet kettle.

I do not need to lie, you do.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 11:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Bravo!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 11:42 am
People have had a bad reaction when I've suggested that Robert Jeffress be taken out back, stripped naked and then affixed high on a wooden cross with a DeWalt framing nailer.

Quote:
Media Matters
‏Verified account
@mmfa
Fox News contributor Robert Jeffress expresses support for the death penalty: Innocent people are executed but so "was Jesus Christ himself" http://mm4a.org/4u4

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 11:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

As an aside to (other) European progressives: Slovakia takes a stand against Orban-style populism: the woman who has been elected Slovakia’s first female president said her victory showed "you can win without attacking your opponents".

I'm not sure just what your point here is Walter. However the greatest concentration of vitriolic attacks on political opponents, both in this country today, and here on these threads, quite obviously comes from advocates of the left.

Unfortunately many of them appear unable to endure even a taste of what they dish out so assiduously.
revelette1

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 11:52 am
@georgeob1,
I agree, we even eat our own like a bunch of cannibals.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 11:55 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I'm not sure just what your point here is Walter. However the greatest concentration of vitriolic attacks on political opponents, both in this country today, and here on these threads, quite obviously comes from advocates of the left.
That certainly depends on the point of view of the observer.

My point (actually "point") was an aside and from the situation of "progressives" in Europe. ( "victory for progressive values")
coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 12:01 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Unfortunately many of them appear unable to endure even a taste of what they dish out so assiduously.

I would say a keen observation but it is so obvious to see that I will not. Thanks for saying it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 12:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
victory for progressive values")

Can you name any of those values?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 12:12 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
I do not speak Slovak and can therefore not say more about it than Zuzana Čaputová is quoted in the German, English, French and Dutch press articles.
I have quoted one article in English as source, you may look for yourself for those in other languages. Or in the original Slovak.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 12:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

Looks like you cannot.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 01:03 pm
@coldjoint,
I'm not Zuzana Čaputová. Nor her spokesperson. I'm no Slovak and din't vote in the elections there.
And what she names those values is (in English) in the quoted link.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 02:48 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
And what she names those values is (in English) in the quoted link.

I see, she knows what progressive values are and you do not. Glad we cleared that up.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 03:03 pm
Quote:
AOC Says 22nd Amendment Stopped FDR’s Reelection, There’s Just One Problem

How can anyone this stupid represent anyone? FDR died in office, that pretty much stopped his re-election.
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/03/31/aoc-says-22nd-amendment-stopped-fdr%e2%80%99s-re-election-there%e2%80%99s-one-problem/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=aoc-says-22nd-amendment-stopped-fdr%e2%80%99s-re-election-there%e2%80%99s-one-problem&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
farmerman

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 03:08 pm
@coldjoint,
history alwqys has a back story. One I believe you were absent for.
You were too busy learning how to ressurect the Know Nothings.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 03:18 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
history alwqys has a back story.

No, history has different versions. I prefer mine which was attained before schools became political indoctrination camps.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 10:40 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
I see, she knows what progressive values are and you do not.
I do not deal with the party programmes of the Slovak parties.

Here in Germany there are no progressive parties (besides partly within The Left, perhaps), so that I could only tell from the history (imperial period, Weimar Republic).
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 07:14 am
@TulsiGabbard

'Mind-blowing & inexplicable is Trump’s recent approval for US companies to sell nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia. Why it’s in our interest to help the world’s primary exporter of jihadist ideology and terrorism get nuclear weapons is a question we should demand Trump answer.'