oralloy

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 07:48 am
@edgarblythe,
I recently saw a thread (not on a2k) about a spider in Australia killing and eating a snake.

I'm glad I live in a part of the world where spiders are small. And also glad that I have a cat that likes to eat spiders that are big enough for him to notice.

That's not the reason why I have the cat, but I'm grateful that he does so.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 07:50 am
@edgarblythe,
So, you're like a 'conservative' who supports Trump.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 07:57 am
Of course, there are all sorts of photos and illustrations of Abe Lincoln and George Washington behaving like this.

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2019/03/02/02-CPAC-Trump-Hugs-Flag.w700.h467.jpg

Dignity. Gravitas. Maturity.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 08:00 am
If we survive four years of this maniac we might get a chance to make things better. Right now, I am 50/50 on the prospect.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 08:03 am
https://preview.redd.it/xvv8rtml9lj21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=6a8b63028ffb255944ee1ef35ecc20ee45db5ee4
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 08:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Right now, I am 50/50 on the prospect.

I like your optimism.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 08:07 am
My faith in people has suffered some major hits.
blatham

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 08:22 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, me too. Though I'm tempted to be charitable here and put the blame on God.

I was thinking yesterday of a little baby bird who hatches, gets fed by mother, then is pushed by her out of the nest ten or twenty feet up in a tree, falls, and hits the ground hard right in front of a waiting cat.

Imagine that poor little bastard's opinion on things, his last thought, "What the ****, God!"
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 08:32 am
@blatham,
I believe the majority of humans want to do right, but they are manipulated by a multitude of poor to evil circumstances they just don't overcome. I should have been a ballerina, but they just would not let me.
blatham

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 08:41 am
@edgarblythe,
I think so too.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 10:47 am
As I've said, the strategy is to find the/a thing that is an opposition political figure's strength(s) and work to paint a portrait demonstrating that figure is actually weak or false in that thing.
Quote:
New York Post
‏Verified account
@nypost
Gas-guzzling car rides expose AOC's hypocrisy amid Green New Deal pledge https://nyp.st/2ToXiYM

Note also (particulary george) that this is an example of the tu quoque (appeal to hypocrisy) fallacy.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 10:55 am
@blatham,
They will examine AOC with a microscope every minute of every day. Just being a human is a crime to the other side.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 10:56 am
@edgarblythe,
There has been a system of abuse of African American and other minorities for years with Justice System. Do you feel we should kill the Justice System and start a new one, or would it not be better to reform it?

Since I am responding to a post a few pages back, the above is in response to AOC objecting to the provisions concerning ICE which were made in the last budget deal.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 11:01 am
@revelette1,
You can defend ICE all you like, I will never condone what they are doing.
hightor

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 11:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Well they're doing what they've been told to do. My point is that a better administration can insist that they do their job properly. Being fixated on the agency instead of the orders being given to the agency just seems weird to me.
revelette1

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 11:10 am
Pennsylvania Democrats Wonder How Far Is Too Far Left in 2020 (NYT)
revelette1

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 11:11 am
@edgarblythe,
Neither will I.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 11:13 am
@hightor,
I have read some news articles of some in the agencies going beyond what they are told to do, surely they were not told to molest young children and older teens of which I read a few months back. The whole agency needs seriously reformation and new rules.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 11:19 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You can defend ICE all you like, I will never condone what they are doing.

You will never condone enforcing our laws? What happens when the laws are not enforced that you yahoos make? Mob rule and chaos.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 11:23 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Of course, there are all sorts of photos and illustrations of Abe Lincoln and George Washington behaving like this.

Quote:
Justin Trudeau’s horrible, no good, very bad week just got worse

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/03/01/justin-trudeaus-horrible-no-good-very-bad-week-just-got-worse/?utm_term=.921f58e2d4c8