blatham

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:06 pm
@livinglava,
Purposefully misrepresenting the point through shifting the context is intellectually honorable. So, congrats.
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:12 pm
@blatham,
YOU of all people are going to complain about intellectual honor?!?

Laughing
oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:13 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Why not reform ICE, draw up a new code of behavior, and prosecute agents who abuse their power?
Because what the left wants is a total abolishment of law enforcement. Their only complaint about law enforcement is that it exists.

hightor wrote:
There's always going to be a law enforcement component to issues surrounding customs and immigration.
Not if the left gets their way.

hightor wrote:
That doesn't mean that enforcement has to be arbitrary, inhumane, or brutal.
ICE is none of those things.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:13 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
YOU of all people are going to complain about intellectual honor?!?

Any kind of honor. IMO.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:17 pm
Brief introduction to AOC's legislative director
Quote:
Her résumé stands out. She was a Fulbright scholar and a fellow at Yale University, holds master’s degrees from the University of London and the University of Oxford and a law degree from Harvard University, taught at Georgetown Law, and worked at the Office of the Legal Adviser at the U.S. State Department.
WP
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:19 pm
@coldjoint,
You forgot about the better employees part.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You forgot about the better employees part.

Employees doing what they are told are good employees. It does not get any better than that, ask any boss.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
What is wrong with the current employees?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:30 pm
@oralloy,
Murderous dogs
blatham

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 02:31 pm
Good for you, Warren
Quote:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) on Saturday rebutted former Vice President Joe Biden’s claim during a recent speech that Vice President Mike Pence is “a decent guy“.

“I’m sorry. I followed Pence’s history on LGBTQ Americans, and I don’t think that is a decent position,” Warren told a reporter who asked about Biden’s comment, per Iowa Starting Line. “I disagree.”

“You don’t think the Vice President is a decent man?” the reporter asked.

“No,” Warren responded.
TPM
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 03:23 pm
@oralloy,
I don't want to play.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 04:44 pm
If you think Black Lives Matter is bullshit, I double dog dare you to read Suspect Citizens by a white guy named Frank Baumgartner.

You’ll see the statistical and anecdotal evidence from 20 million cop stops in NC.

Philando Castile was stopped 46 separate times due to his color and neighborhood. Finally killed by cop the last time. These facts lead to wildly disproportionate stops for black people.

The mark of an intellectually honest human being is opening your mind to the fact that your current opinion might be wrong.
blatham

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 04:55 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I double dog dare you to read

I expect that is going to take a double-dog-dare to the 16th power to get these chaps to open a good book.
Lash

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 04:56 pm
@blatham,
Double dog dares used to compel good ole boys in rural South Georgia, so I had hopes.
Lash

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 04:58 pm
A little nod to Craven de Kere for prying my mind open about 15 years ago. Some facts have sneaked in since.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 05:45 pm
@oralloy,
Talk to me after you’re stopped 46 ******* times for no reason. He told the officer he was removing a weapon from his possession.

You cannot know how you’d respond when you don’t live in Philando Castile’s planet.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 07:17 pm
Saudi Arabia reportedly tortured US citizen: NYT
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/saudi-arabia-reportedly-tortured-citizen-nyt-190302191550541.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c7b201a4b7385000164982a&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Jic57a-wiFGNAvVn5zvjlgpiNqLLxENG_9-kiojL6cIbOIC6zfJpIrlE
The New York Times reports that American citizen Walid Fitahi has been held and allegedly tortured by Saudi Arabia.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 09:13 pm
Bernie selects DACA protected undocumented immigrant to be his new National Deputy Press Secretary. Congrats and good luck Belén Sisa!!