Lash

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 07:31 pm
Aw sheeeit! I gotta girl in the race.

Tulsi Gabbard announces for the presidency. We’ll flesh out her particulars. I hope she’s who I think she is. I’m happy about this currently.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 07:55 pm
@Lash,
I don't know as much about her as I should. She is well liked, near as I can figure. But how much excitement is she generating?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 08:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't know as much about her as I should. She is well liked, near as I can figure. But how much excitement is she generating?

The greatest negative I have learned so far is that her war objectives are about the same as Obama's.
Lash

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 08:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
I’ve heard conflicting reports about her war stance, so I’ll have some research to do before I can feel confident about supporting her.

I feel really good about her voice being in the race.

It looks like the rough stuff was around Assad? Maybe Iran. I’ll let you know what I find.

I know she was conservative when she was young, but almost everybody has ‘evolved’. I can definitely understand.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 08:32 pm
@Lash,
She does not want our troops in combat, but wants to go strong on drones.
oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 08:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
That sounds like a good policy. We don't want to risk the lives of our troops if it is not absolutely necessary.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 09:40 am
@edgarblythe,
I think the democrats being against troops leaving is threefold. One is leaving allies in the lurch, two is leaving the Kurds in harm way, and three leaving Israel in danger. I am not saying I agree, I don't really know enough about all the particulars to make an informed comment regarding the Kurds and Israel in connection with Syria.

All I know is that I agree we have too much of our military in the Middle East and we should withdrawal from all those areas, Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. I don't see how staying in any of those areas with no end game in sight is a good policy. That goes more for Iraq and Afghanistan than Syria.

Unless we invest in the rebels of Syria and really invest a lot more than we currently have at this point to really make a difference and actually destroy Assad's government, I am not sure what the point is in our being there. ISIS is just another extremist group, we could probably better manage by intelligence work and special operations and smarter drones. IMO

What I am getting at, I think it is unfair to say the opposition to withdrawal of our troops from Syria is just a hate Trump thing. I don't agree with them, but there are genuine reasons for some democrats to feel the way they do.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 10:04 am
@revelette1,
When I say we should end the neverending wars, it is implied some strategy and diplomacy would be needed for the process, but foremost there has to be commitment to do the right thing as nearly as possible. A candidate without that commitment will always be criticized by me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 12:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
And hopefully by all right-thinking people. Trump has so many failings, it's difficult to keep up on a daily basis. His government closure is the latest tragedy imposed by this idiot. The 800,000 government workers without pay may seem isolated, but it's going to impact many more people than most people realize. https://www.gobankingrates.com/making-money/economy/most-expensive-government-shutdowns/. Most recent estimate is more than $5 billion.
Lash

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 12:17 pm
David Hildebrand 🌹
@David4Progress
·
Jan 10
By her own standard,
@WhoopiGoldberg
has no room to talk about
@AOC
, as she is also not an elected, experienced Congresswoman.
Or maybe she's just wrong in jumping on the Right's Tone-Policing campaign against women of color.
Quote Tweet
Talking Points Memo
@TPM
Whoopi Goldberg advises AOC to "sit still," "learn the job" before "pooping on people" (link: http://bit.ly/2Feva3Q) bit.ly/2Feva3Q)

Lash

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 12:19 pm
Teodrose Fikre ✒
@TeodroseFikre
·
12h
We know, you danced with Wall Street and waltzed with the prison-industrial complex all the way to the Senate.
Quote Tweet
Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris
Just to go on record. I’m for *more* dancing in politics not less
coldjoint

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 12:38 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
We know, you danced with Wall Street and waltzed with the prison-industrial complex all the way to the Senate.

She cooks too, her best cooking is between the sheets. She slept her way to the Senate. Hubba Hubba.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 07:56 pm
Starting to think MLK Day will be Bernie’s announcement day, but thinking a few others might want to try to associate their sorry neoliberal asses with King.

(Trying to be ok if he just supports Tulsi or a legit candidate)...(but, can’t give up)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 08:03 pm
He hasn't indicated support for anyone else that I know of.
Lash

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 08:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
You’re right. I was just thinking about all the possibilities.
(Thinking about = agonizing over)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 08:08 pm
I'm really curious who he would pick for a running mate
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 08:14 pm
Johnny Dangers‎Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Progressives
Follow · Yesterday ·

This is a political attack of some sort!
Facebook has deleted the page that is connected to this group for no reason and without explanation! It had 75,000 likes and reached over 2 million people in the past week.

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49664802_2269520823289691_104901402223968256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=5e5f29d5c4d1fb5d6f0f754d15bf89cf&oe=5CC2A65D
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 08:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, This country is not ready for a Hispanic woman to become president. I agree with this opinion on Quora: "As such, I don’t see her having much of a shot unless there is some radical changes to the US starting from the grassroots level, perhaps if a Democrat wins in 2020 that is a moderate populist this can be curbed to some degree, but that will only slow the momentum. The polarization caused by the political parties and some extreme situations the US is facing will only push everyone and everything to the edges.

If people think Ocasio-Cortez is that edge… I think they are mistaken and are going to be in for a heck of a wake-up call in the coming decade. As such, there is a very slim chance that she becomes President unless there are a number of significant changes both in terms of the US and global political theaters." I think Trump's popularity and the division he creates is not going to disappear any time soon.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2019 08:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Right now she is too young to even consider running. She is a kid, in the house, and could not legally run anytime soon. But her politics are in line with the new deal and health care for all and I support everything I have heard from her.