maporsche

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 04:28 pm
@hingehead,
That link is fantastic.

Quote:
So bring it on, ladies! I’d love to see a female President. Just not Hillary Clinton. Or Elizabeth Warren. I am totally open to all other women leaders, but I have to admit that Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar are beginning to make me angry and I’m not sure why yet, but I know the reason will become clear soon, and I’m also wondering what they might look like if someone photoshopped their heads onto the bodies of prisoners and put them behind bars.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 05:00 pm
@hingehead,
Yes, HH -that link is so on the mark- simultaneously hilarious, enraging and sad. I remember talking to friends at the time when Hillary hadn't even run for office yet. She was just an outgoing, engaged First Lady. They talked about how they just "couldn't stand that woman". When I'd ask what their problem with her was specifically, they could only conjure weak remarks like "just something about her rubs me the wrong way".
It has always floored me how people who were otherwise reasonable would find that to be acceptable discernment, when it came to explaining why they don't like powerful women.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 05:48 pm
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
For example, it looks like
@PolitiFact
has fact-checked Sarah Huckabee Sanders and myself the *same* amount of times: 6.

She’s been serving for almost 2 years. I’ve served 4 days.

Why is she fact-checked so little? Is she adhering to some standard we don’t know about?

——————————
The establishment Dems a hell of a lot more worried about progressives than ******* Donald Trump and Co. Why is that??
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 05:59 pm
@hingehead,
Thanks for posting that link.
I am saving that link for future posting.
That is so relevant in the present day and time.
We see this occurring today in real time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 06:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
The smearing be vicious.
There is no smearing.

Her claims that she is being smeared are just a publicity stunt because she can't convince anyone to agree with her using facts and reason.
maporsche

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 06:39 pm
@oralloy,
You have to admit that conservative commenters have some sort level of excitement regarding her.

She’s public enemy number one. There haven’t been as many attacks on any other democratic elected official since her election
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:08 pm
Yeah it's real relevant.
maporsche

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Yeah it's real relevant.

Agreement. Again!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:13 pm
@maporsche,
She is pretending that she is public enemy number one and conservative commentators are excited about her.

When she proposes abolishing capitalism or whatever it is that she is calling for, I'm sure that there are a few conservative commentators who say that they disagree with that.

But she's far from the center of attention that she is pretending that she is.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:16 pm
Ya wanna turn this into a **** fest start your own thread.
maporsche

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:16 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

She is pretending that she is public enemy number one and conservative commentators are excited about her/attacking her.

No.

I'm not talking about the dancing video thing.
maporsche

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Ya wanna turn this into a **** fest start your own thread.

This thread stopped being your thread the moment you posted it.

You don't need to stay here if you don't like it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:21 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
I'm not talking about the dancing video thing.
I am sure that all the rest of the supposed attacks on her are similar publicity stunts.

I expect that there are some conservatives who state their disagreement with her positions.

I really doubt that anyone is acting like she is the antichrist come to devour our souls.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 08:55 pm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 05:17 am
The purpose of my thread is to honestly assess non Republican politicians. I exclude the Republicans because in my mind their entire party seems beyond redemption. I have felt that way a long time. I haven't a speck of empathy for Nixon, Reagan or the Bush family. I don't know what Trump is, besides garbage, but he already gets more attention than anything else on the entire planet. Third parties, such as Stein's Green Party are too marginalized to be included.

I have sought to make it all about the non Republicans and not a2k members. When a poster decides to make it about posters' personalities and motives they get put on ignore. I am not always able to keep to my stated objective at times, when others persist in the personalities thing, but I am rededicating myself to that end.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 05:32 am
Tim Canova

@Tim_Canova
If Brenda Snipes is reinstated Broward Elections Supervisor instead of arrested for tampering with evidence & willfully destroying ballots (felonies!), can we please stop pretending to have any semblance of a democracy, the rule of law, or real elections?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 06:07 am
Winkle the BernieBro 🌹(soon to be Sandynista?...)

Retweeted CNBC
Are Kirsten Gillibrand, Cory Booker, and Kamala Harris that ******* stupid?

It doesn't matter now if they dont accept corporate PAC money, EVERY DEMOCRAT that grovels to Wall Street to "gauge interest" is a sellout. Wall Street is who they answer to.

@CNBC
Wall Street executives are hearing from Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and other Democrats as they gauge interest in possible 2020 presidential campaigns. https://cnb.cx/2CWVc9j
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 06:30 am
The disappointed parents memes about Chuck and Nancy are hilarious. Bernie and @AOC were the real responses to Trump.

I don’t know how Trump comes back from what they publicly and confidently said about him.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 08:19 am
@maporsche,
I saw a clip of her dancing, I thought, what is the big deal, she was just goofing around. Are they not allowed to be human once they get to congress?
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2019 08:20 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The purpose of my thread is to honestly assess non Republican politicians.

Let me know when you start doing that.
0 Replies