Communication problems?

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:26 pm
Hi!

I was going through a review i got not so long ago and it said that i had "communication problems" which makes me sound like im immobilized and in a wheel chair? How can I be described as having "communication problems"? Any help or expertise?

//TooFriendly112
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,789 • Replies: 14

Aurora Maybe

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:47 pm
@TooFriendly112,
Ask the person who wrote the review. They should be able to explain in more detail.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:48 pm
@TooFriendly112,
This has nothing to do with a mobility decide such as a wheelchair. If you are told that you have communication problems, it means you are not communicating your ideas. This might be in written form, oral (speaking) or both.

If you have concerns or questions and would like to better yourself, speak to your supervisor or manager to learn where improvements can be made.
TooFriendly112

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:46 pm
@Sturgis,
How can I have problem communicating my ideas oral?
jespah

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:37 am
@TooFriendly112,
I think the fact that you're conflating communication problems with disability says something.

Communication problems don't automatically equal a disability. It can be talking down to someone, or interrupting them, or mansplaining, or being dismissive, or showing body language which is threatening or that makes you look like you're bored.
TooFriendly112

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 03:06 pm
@jespah,
That makes you sound very violent, if i'm let's say working as a secretary i need to talk in a certain way. It's a code in the business world. Just because I live in a big city and there's homeless people outside I don't neccessary need to befriend the homeless or give them money. That's something that I've noticed in people that were born in the 60's, 70's and 80's. We had a borderline teacher who couldn't emphazise with people or his kids. It's very important that you ask for help for your problems early on-set in your life, so you don't screw your life or end up murdered!

//TooFriendly112
jespah

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 04:31 pm
@TooFriendly112,
Did you actually read what I wrote? Because your response doesn't follow, not even 1%.

I explained what a communication problem could potentially be, and gave some examples. And I said nothing else. You are leaping to conclusions
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 04:38 pm
@TooFriendly112,
TooFriendly112 wrote:

How can I be described as having "communication problems"? Any help or expertise?

//TooFriendly112

You've been posting here for less than 7 months and ONLY 49 posts. You basically stick to your own threads. Fine. How in the heck can we answer your question when hardly anyone here knows anything about you despite a half dozen personal threads you made about yourself (with any and all biases leaning in your favor and not much attempt otherwise).

Quote:
"communication problems" which makes me sound like im immobilized and in a wheel chair?

No it doesn't. You're wildly reading TOO MUCH into a probably much simpler issue. You're going to have to ask the person who wrote the review him or herself. That actually might be part of the communications problem. Maybe you don't interact with this supervisor (?) enough? That he or she thinks it's an important issue to address? Asking him or her is in fact addressing the communications problem issue straight on (if not necessarily outright fixing it).
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 04:39 pm
@Aurora Maybe,
Aurora Maybe wrote:

Ask the person who wrote the review. They should be able to explain in more detail.

Simple and straight to the point. Well said.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 04:41 pm
@TooFriendly112,
TooFriendly112 wrote:

How can I have problem communicating my ideas oral?

Sorry. But you do have a problem with grammar and proper English. That much I have learned from your posting history here at a2k. Maybe others are having with your oral communications (your spoken English skills)? What's the highest level of schooling you've reached? Maybe it's catching up to you in the real world?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 04:53 pm
@TooFriendly112,
TooFriendly112 wrote:

That makes you sound very violent

Please clarify. That makes no sense whatsoever given your response to Jespah, one of the most reasonable, founding members of a2k and no history of hateful or violent speech at this forum (let alone that very small post you responded to).

Quote:
It's a code in the business world. Just because I live in a big city and there's homeless people outside I don't neccessary need to befriend the homeless or give them money

Where did that come from? How does anything homeless wise have to do with your job? I really hope you don't work in social services department.

Quote:
We had a borderline teacher

Communication problem here! What the heck is a borderline teacher?? There is no context to define this undefinable term in this entire post. What exists is too nuanced for me.

Quote:
It's very important that you ask for help for your problems early on-set in your life, so you don't screw your life or end up murdered!

Perhaps you need to move out of Detroit, MI (or whatever heckhole you claim to live in).

I live in NYC. Far from the safest city but you still need to speak with a certain … level of social sophistication if you want to be respected in the professional world.

Yeah. There are cultural problems with that arena of life. Just follow Code Switch or watch Sorry to Bother You (2018). But that's how the real world (in big cities) works.
TooFriendly112

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 05:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm not asking for your help, i'm asking for your opinion. You're very vague and seem to live to some sort of dogma. It's very hard communicating with you. I also have to act a certain way if i'm a "secretarian" or a "student", something that seems confusing to you?

I can't possibly see why I should have "communication problems", or that I act weird! I'm not intrested in be with you guys. And now is not time for playing around, making a scene.

This review could have costed someone important their professional career, and if you are just acting out of joy and emotion you could ruin people's life. I can't ask for an explaination, and i don't think it's or you're funny when you act this way.

You're the one who needs to be more concise and needs to clarify, you're very vague and very slow of getting to the point, and have surronded yourself with 'yes-sayers' and are being ignorant and suffer from hubris. You're undereducated and not very social! Stop harassing people!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 06:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

TooFriendly112 wrote:

That makes you sound very violent

Please clarify.

Um, that would come under the heading of "communication problems", wouldn't it. Not offering advice on this one, but there seems to be a disconnect between the words heard or read and the message received by the brain.
TooFriendly112

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 06:59 pm
@roger,
That sounds very violent and very passive aggressive?
roger

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 09:17 pm
@TooFriendly112,
I do think your reviewer was onto something.
0 Replies