Yalow

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2023 12:50 pm
If you have a psychological problem - anger, or shyness, for instance - make it a priority to solve it. It's urgent. Don't wait untill it screws up your life. If you had a problem once, it will come again. It won't just go away.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 510 • Replies: 8
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2023 12:54 pm
@Yalow,
Shyness isn't a disease that Needs curing. Some of us are fine as introverts.
Yalow

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2023 11:02 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Shyness isn't a disease that Needs curing. Some of us are fine as introverts.

I think that being introverted and being shy isn't necessarily the same. Being introverted means that you keep your thoughts to yourself, that you do not feel the desire to share them. Being shy means you might want to share, but don't dare to.
coluber2001

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2023 12:12 pm
@Yalow,
I think being introverted means you have a deep, rich inner life. Introversion doesn't preclude you from expressing yourself, maybe just not as openly in a social situation.
0 Replies

Tygerprintz

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2023 10:20 am
@Yalow,
That's very true. I'm an introvert myself and I enjoy my own company and get jealous of having to share my time with other people. I prefer to be by myself. But I absolutely agree that there are red flags for mental health problems that need to be addressed. For example, if you feel isolated or you feel people are out to hurt you, if you feel a need to hurt others, or have an unhealthy focus on revenge - these are signals that you need professional help, much the same as any physical symptom of illness. You see a doctor for your physical health, seek a good one for your mental health also. The rewards will be a life that's back on the rails and a much better outlook and overall improvement in your day to day mood.
0 Replies

Tygerprintz

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2023 10:35 am
@Yalow,
I don't believe shyness is a psychological "problem." I'm a very introspective and introverted person myself, and I love it - I enjoy my own company, I make creative works and I feel great about life in every way. I don't many people who can say the same. But I do believe anyone who feels they are having problems with mental issues like constant anger, needs to be courageous enough to go find some good professional help before it's too late. It does not go away on its own.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2023 10:52 pm
@Yalow,
You may have needed to to be a little more specific.

- moderate shyness is rarely an issue, while severe shyness is

- anger is a normal human emotion. There is nothing wrong with anger itself, but there may be a problem with how you express it / let it out. This is not saying bottle it up, but rather, let it out in a healthy way; and

- anger that you can't let go of, is a different matter altogether. Find a way to let it go, or seek help.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2023 07:36 am
What Tyger and Vikorr say makes sense.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2023 07:42 am
I am introverted myself, and I think that it would have been better for me to share my thoughts, feelings and behaviour with someone else.
0 Replies