Our anniversary is coming. I need ideas!

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 03:01 am
I’m running out of ideas as to how to surprise my girlfriend on the day of our anniversary. My girlfriend used to put up a lot of effort in surprising me. She’s very sweet. She doesn’t mind being the one who takes effort in surprising me though she’s a lady. Don’t get me wrong. I do surprise her too but she does most of the time. She’s fond of surprises, that’s why. This time, I want to do the same thing for her. I want to make it up for her. I want to see her happy. But how? I want a unique surprise but I don’t have any idea of what I should do. How about Ukraine ski trip? Will that be romantic? I’m confused as to what to do now. Can you help me out with this? I badly need suggestions.

blatham

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 03:38 am
Ski trips to the Ukraine seem to be all the rage these days. My suggestion on that idea... do it quickly. If you wait until winter, it gets very crowded.

Or you could set up a romantic weekend but with surprising touches. Chocolate roses with garlic flavoring and death metal for ambience. Perhaps have her wear a cowbell when you are making love. That sort of thing.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 05:55 am
@hersuperman18,
I hear the Ukraine is a hotspot for romance.

Just ask any Russian.
Ragman

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 06:06 am
@hersuperman18,
Why not try a spam-free holiday?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 06:08 am
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 06:49 pm
@hersuperman18,
The thing about surprises is that they can backfire (after all, sometimes you just don't know HOW a person will react to a certain surprise), but they should appreciate the effort you put into this. Of course, the longer you know her, the more you know of her (usually, anyway), so you should be able to guess what would be a nice surprise for her.

Asking outsiders to hand you ideas for a surprise effectively doesn't make it YOUR surprise. If you want to surprise her, don't ask someone else to come up with ideas: those should come from you. And if you want input on whether she would like an idea, don't ask on an internet forum: ask her best friend, or someone else she is close to!

Finally, if you get the sense she always puts a lot of effort in her surprises for you, pay her in kind. What sort of things did she surprise you with? How did she know you would find these things nice?

The first thing that sprang to mind for me was this video I saw a while back. That's an awesome surprise. OF course, a marriage proposal is kinda special, but you gotta hand it to him, that was special... and a surprise!

0 Replies