Black Women Send Letter to Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi in Support of Maxine Waters

oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:53 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
No, the thing is Donald Trump runs his mouth, from stupid immature insults like "small hands" Rubio, Pocahontos, and Lyin' Ted to telling people he'll pay their legal fees if they assault someone. How is that in any way acceptable to you?
I am unaware of most of it. I didn't pay attention to the Republican debates. And I certainly don't watch Trump rallies.

I'm aware that Trump is a loudmouth. I don't exactly approve, but it's no big deal. It isn't like he is organizing crowds of people to relentlessly stalk a target and continuously scream in their face every single time they go out in public.

neptuneblue wrote:
You defend THAT and go after people who really do actually have to defend themselves against his nastiness. I just don''t get why. I just don't.
The Democrats are not defending themselves. They are the aggressors.
oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:55 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
American conservatives have had organized protests against things like abortion clinics for at least 40 years.
A minor preview compared to what the pro-lifers will do if it becomes acceptable behavior to relentlessly hound someone every single time they appear in public.

ehBeth wrote:
The Democrat routine was 'when they go low, we go high'.
That is propaganda that the Democrats disseminate, but it isn't true. The Democrats have always led the way in going low.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:56 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
But Democrats aren't the ones throwing the mud.
The Democrats are the ones who are trying to organize groups of people to target and stalk people and continuously scream in their face every single time they appear in public.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:58 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
What's worse, being a government figure with power to affect people's lives confronted by a small group of people telling you why they don't like what you did, or being smashed repeatedly by a Trump crowd's fists while Trump looks on?
Stalking a person and continuously screaming in their face every single time they go anywhere in public is worse.
Blickers

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:06 am
@oralloy,
I don't think so. Ask all those ex-boxers with brain injuries if words or fists hurt worse.

PS: When you take on public office with power over people's lives, doesn't it come with the territory that you might well run into some public criticism?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:11 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
I haven't made up my mind on this issue yet, but maybe fighting back isn't such a bad idea after all.

being more aggressive does seem to have started to make a difference for the Democrats. As much as I love the Obama aesthetic, being too cool for school might not be a longterm winning strategy. Digging in and fighting looks like it is paying off at the ballot box.
Blickers

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:28 am
@maxdancona,
Quote max:
Quote:
I am saying that there is a difference between "fighting back" strategically, and randomly throwing mud.
Republicans seem to have combined the two for years and have ended up controlling the House, Senate and White House.

Maybe the Democrats should consider the two-pronged approach, (strategy + mud), and see how that works.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:35 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

being more aggressive does seem to have started to make a difference for the Democrats. As much as I love the Obama aesthetic, being too cool for school might not be a longterm winning strategy. Digging in and fighting looks like it is paying off at the ballot box.

Hillary was aggressive. Referring to detractors as "Deplorables" was a big part of the reason she lost.

For those keeping score; Obama had two terms. Hillary had zero.

For those who still don't get the point... Trump won because the mud he threw was strategically targeted to the exact voters he needed. Democrats throw mud that drives away voters away, Republicans throw mud that wins over voters. Throwing mud isn't the point, winning votes is. Trump understands this. Maxine Waters apparently doesn't.

Blickers

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:36 am
@maxdancona,
Romney and McCain did not make physical intimidation part of their political message. Trump has from the very first.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:43 am
@Blickers,
strategic mud <nods>

that is pretty much winning politics for the past few hundred years
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:44 am
The Sarah Huckabee Sanders case is an example of Democrats being ridiculously stupid.

Kids are being put in cages. Toddlers are representing themselves in court without a legal representatives. This story is about the cruelty of the Republican administration and the ridiculousness of the immigration policy under Trump.

This is what Democrats want to talk about, the facts and emotions and public opinion are with the Democrats on this issue.

So why the hell is it a good thing to have a US Senator talking about Sarah Huckabee Sanders? It is a ridiculous distraction where the Democrats are giving away the high ground on an issue where they have the political advantage.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 12:01 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
I don't think so. Ask all those ex-boxers with brain injuries if words or fists hurt worse.
A brief fist fight is hardly the same as a long boxing career. And how much of this violence was actually provoked by the protesters?

Blickers wrote:
PS: When you take on public office with power over people's lives, doesn't it come with the territory that you might well run into some public criticism?
There is a substantial difference between elected office and a civil servant who works for the government.

And continual shouting in someone's face for every moment of the rest of their life goes well beyond public criticism.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 05:49 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I am unaware of most of it. I didn't pay attention to the Republican debates. And I certainly don't watch Trump rallies.

I'm aware that Trump is a loudmouth. I don't exactly approve, but it's no big deal. It isn't like he is organizing crowds of people to relentlessly stalk a target and continuously scream in their face every single time they go out in public.

The Democrats are not defending themselves. They are the aggressors.

Well, you must have been out of the Country for the past two years to not have noticed his "rallies" that call people names and incite the audience to discriminate against ANY type of immigrant.

It IS a big deal, you minimize the negative effect that has and play up the one time ONE TIME the table got turned. Trump calls for his base to organize and antagonize anybody that won't acquiescence to his rhetoric.
oralloy

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 06:12 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
and play up the one time ONE TIME the table got turned.
The organized continual persecution of everyone who works in the Trump Administration is not a one time event.

And since the Republicans are not doing anything like this (at least, not yet), it isn't turning the tables.

neptuneblue wrote:
Trump calls for his base to organize and antagonize anybody that won't acquiescence to his rhetoric.
He doesn't call for people to be relentlessly yelled at every single time they go out in public.

I guess you'll finally see how this is different behavior once the pro-lifers take it and run with it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 07:07 pm
'Tea Party Can Go Straight to Hell'
Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) blasted the Tea Party Sunday
during a jobs summit at Inglewood High School in California.

Published on Aug 22, 2011

Tea Party Can Go To Hell
Don Graves, a top aide to president Obama, was pressed hard by Rep. Maxine Waters over issues relating to the black community and the Tea Party - Waters said the Tea Party "can go straight to hell". The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

Published on Aug 23, 2011
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:06 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
A brief fist fight is hardly the same as a long boxing career. And how much of this violence was actually provoked by the protesters?
One blow to the head during a "brief fist fight" is all it takes for lasting injury. And the protestors at the Trump rallies had every right to protest, but the Trump inspired thugs feel they get off because "I was provoked-he didn't like Trump".

Here a peaceful protestor is punched by a Trump fan. Security doofii wrestle the punchee to the ground, let the puncher alone.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
There is a substantial difference between elected office and a civil servant who works for the government.
A high ranking, highly paid senior appointed official who has a big part in making policy certainly must be prepared for the public to criticize the decisions and the person making them.
oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:58 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
A high ranking, highly paid senior appointed official who has a big part in making policy certainly must be prepared for the public to criticize the decisions and the person making them.
Criticism is fine.

Constantly yelling in someones face whenever they go shopping for groceries is not criticism.

When the pro-lifers adopt this tactic and start using it against the left, you guys will realize this. But by then it'll be too late and the left will just have to accept that they can never go out in public again.

I suppose there will be money to be made by doing the shopping for all the Democrats who will have to spend their entire lives in hiding.
Blickers

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 02:59 pm
@oralloy,
Righties have already been stalking and shooting liberals for 40 years in the anti-choice movement. You seem to approve ratcheting them up some more because some highly paid, extremely high ranking White House appointee-one-got some people to confront her in public.

Maybe the Democrats would benefit from taking the aggressive side a few times. Nothing violent, you understand, but taking the confrontation to the other side might do them some good. If nothing else, it would be a refreshing change of pace.
oralloy

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:39 pm
@Blickers,
If this behavior becomes acceptable, you'll understand why it is wrong when the pro-lifers start using it against leftists.

It'll be too late at that point. Prominent leftists will just have to live their entire lives in hiding. But so it goes.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 04:07 pm
@oralloy,
Pro-life zealots have been killing doctors and blowing up women's health clinics since the 70's. Not the sane pro life people, the zealots who only care about the unborn.
0 Replies