Bush a Genius Says NY Times

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:00 pm
Not everyone who finds war morally justified advocates the killing of innocents as you do, Brandon.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:01 pm
"morally justified" by who? You?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:01 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
On the surface, it seems as though you are saying that anyone who finds any war morally justified is a sociopath. Is this, in fact, what you are saying?

old europe wrote:
You're saying, fighting terrorism wasn't the reason for invading Iraq.
Would you say that the wish to bring freedom and democracy could maybe have been a reason for invading Iraq?

Brandon9000 wrote:
No. Why are we even having this conversation?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:02 pm
Which isn't a great surprise, however.

<Edit: remark to Cycloptichorn's post>
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:02 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Yeah, I'm the sociopath, Brandon. Right.

Great call OE

Cycloptichorn

Well, if you think you can use the fact that I find the invasion of Iraq morally justified to prove my sociopathology, please make the argument. Of course, then you would have to explain why all of the millions of Americans who favor it aren't also sociopaths. I find your posts long on little jibes and sayings and short on well developed logic.

Speaking of sociopathology, I note that you were really getting it on with that poster a couple of weeks ago who said that the Holocaust was a Jewish scam, and that now you appear not to possess an iota of empathy for this brain damaged woman. I would give a link to the post about the Holocaust, except that the moderator seems to have deleted it in horror. You certainly have not answered me when I asked you how you would proceed if you were sure that she wanted to live.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:03 pm
OE--

There is no contradiction in Brandon's posts.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:04 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Not everyone who finds war morally justified advocates the killing of innocents as you do, Brandon.

Cycloptichorn

Now you're just being silly. I don't advocate it, I think it's horrible. I am just noting that it happens in every war. You got some wars to tell me about where innocent people don't die?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:05 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
"morally justified" by who? You?

Yeah, I have this tendency to make moral decisions for myself. What do you do?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:05 pm
Quote, "...in order to prevent millions of innocent from dying later is worth it." So who's the one that determines the future killings will be "millions of innocent from dying later?" Do you have super-human skills? Are you the most moral person on earth?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:07 pm
old europe wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
On the surface, it seems as though you are saying that anyone who finds any war morally justified is a sociopath. Is this, in fact, what you are saying?

old europe wrote:
You're saying, fighting terrorism wasn't the reason for invading Iraq.
Would you say that the wish to bring freedom and democracy could maybe have been a reason for invading Iraq?

Brandon9000 wrote:
No. Why are we even having this conversation?

So....you speak in other people's quotes now? If you have an argument to make that supporting any war (innocent people die in every war) automatically amounts to siociopathology, make it and stop being so cutesy with your posts.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:08 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Quote, "...in order to prevent millions of innocent from dying later is worth it." So who's the one that determines the future killings will be "millions of innocent from dying later?"

Everyone needs to decide for himself.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Do you have super-human skills? Are you the most moral person on earth?

No and no. If you are not capable of making moral decisions and then acting on them, what good are you?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:09 pm
Lol, I never once claimed the holocaust was a 'scam,' as you put it. I have issues with the problems caused by Israel, but that's it. The fact you would even bring it up at this point is sad...

You, Brandon, are the one who thinks it's okay to kill thousands of Civilians to get what we want, presumably b/c you believe that you can somehow predict the future - another common trait amongst sociopaths, a percieved sense of godlike predictive abilities.

Quote:
You certainly have not answered me when I asked you how you would proceed if you were sure that she wanted to live.

In what way? If she had made a legally binding statement that she wanted to live, then she should live. As it is, her husband has said that she wanted to die. She certainly is in a PVS. Legally she should be granted her wish.

You have no evidence whatsoever that her husband is lying. Why do you presume he is?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:13 pm
Quote:
Antisocial personality disorder (APD) is a personality disorder which is often characterised by antisocial and impulsive behaviour. APD is generally considered to be the same as, or similar to, the disorder that was previously known as psychopathic or sociopathic personality disorder. Approximately 3% of men and 1% of women have some form of antisocial personality disorder (source: DSM-IV).

Although criminal activity is not a necessary requirement for the diagnosis, these individuals often encounter legal difficulties due to their disregard for societal standards and the rights of others. Therefore, many of these individuals can be found in prisons. However, it should be noted that criminal activity does not automatically warrant a diagnosis of APD, nor does a diagnosis of APD imply that a person is a criminal. It is hypothesized that many high achievers exhibit APD characteristics

definition
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:14 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Lol, I never once claimed the holocaust was a 'scam,' as you put it. I have issues with the problems caused by Israel, but that's it. The fact you would even bring it up at this point is sad...

You, Brandon, are the one who thinks it's okay to kill thousands of Civilians to get what we want...

I do believe that some wars are justifiable. If this makes me a sociopath, then most of the human race is, which is clearly not the case.

cicerone imposter wrote:
...presumably b/c you believe that you can somehow predict the future - another common trait amongst sociopaths, a percieved sense of godlike predictive abilities.

Never heard this as a clinical trait of sociopaths. Could you cite your source?

cicerone imposter wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
You certainly have not answered me when I asked you how you would proceed if you were sure that she wanted to live.

In what way? If she had made a legally binding statement that she wanted to live, then she should live. As it is, her husband has said that she wanted to die. She certainly is in a PVS. Legally she should be granted her wish.

You have no evidence whatsoever that her husband is lying. Why do you presume he is?

Cycloptichorn

I don't, but to use her presumed statement as an excuse for killing her, there should be some evidence that she said it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:16 pm
Quote:
I don't, but to use her presumed statement as an excuse for killing her, there should be some evidence that she said it.

There IS evidence in her Husband's word. It's legal and all.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:16 pm
old europe wrote:
Quote:
Antisocial personality disorder (APD) is a personality disorder which is often characterised by antisocial and impulsive behaviour. APD is generally considered to be the same as, or similar to, the disorder that was previously known as psychopathic or sociopathic personality disorder. Approximately 3% of men and 1% of women have some form of antisocial personality disorder (source: DSM-IV).

Although criminal activity is not a necessary requirement for the diagnosis, these individuals often encounter legal difficulties due to their disregard for societal standards and the rights of others. Therefore, many of these individuals can be found in prisons. However, it should be noted that criminal activity does not automatically warrant a diagnosis of APD, nor does a diagnosis of APD imply that a person is a criminal. It is hypothesized that many high achievers exhibit APD characteristics

definition

Just tell me how you get from believing some wars are justified to sociopathology. Have you lost the power of speech?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:17 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

There IS evidence in her Husband's word. It's legal and all.

Cycloptichorn

Is there any evidence that she said it besides him alleging it? Kind of a lot is at stake.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:18 pm
Brandon is now identifying/addressing/responding to the wrong person.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:18 pm
I get to sociopathology from your disregard for societal standards and the rights of others.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:21 pm
old europe wrote:
I get to sociopathology from your disregard for societal standards and the rights of others.

Can you give me some examples? When and how did I show these traits?
0 Replies