Ye Olde Fix-it Shoppe

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:06 pm
If it gets hot, it tumbles and air blows freely through the system, there is no reason it shouldn't work right. It still sounds as though something is blocked, airflow-wise.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:08 pm
I was thinking the same thing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:18 pm
Great minds often have the same conclusions.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:15 pm
Look at this beauty! We could prolly tuck a few ptunias in with those cacti.

http://www.melbalevickphotos.com/desert_gardens/images/des_gdns027.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:17 pm
oooohhhh, california poppies!

http://www.melbalevickphotos.com/desert_gardens/images/des_gdns026.jpg
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 02:52 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Brownies for pay? Sounds like a bargain to me. I hope the Prince is amenable.

For Diane - yeah
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:29 pm
THe dryer in question could also have a bad thermostat button (not sure the proper term) causing the heat to shut down prematurely. The GE older models I have messed with had one such button inside the door, another in the cabinet over the drum.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:58 pm
{{{{{{{{{{ THE PRINCE }}}}}}}}}}

Sublime, move to New Mexico or Arizona and you won't even need a clothes dryer. Put them outside for a few minutes and they will be dry and fresh smelling. If you leave them too long, the sun can actually start to rot most cloth.

Osso and littlek, the plants you describe are, I think, more Sonoran Desert plants, meant for a lower elevation like Phoenix or Tucson. Albuquerque is between 4800 and 5200 feet high--almost as high as the mile high city, Denver. That extra altitude makes a difference in what will grow here. Saguaro's, even the rabbit bush I believe, won't grow here. New Mexico has so many different bio-climates, from low desert to high desert to very tall mountains in the north, that it can claim a great diversity. Even Albuquerque can be in group 9 or 10, depending on location. Where we are, warmer weather plants can survive better than in the northeast heights.

Many climbing roses are seen spilling over adobe walls, one of the most beautiful sights one can see. Further north, in the Santa Fe area, apricot trees grow that have very small, exquisitely sweet fruit; but apricots do very well here, just not those special trees that need a higher elevation. They are like candy. YUMMMM!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 06:22 pm
I used to rent a place in Santa Fe with an apricot tree in the front yard - yum!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 07:46 pm
Diane wrote:
Sublime, move to New Mexico or Arizona and you won't even need a clothes dryer. Put them outside for a few minutes and they will be dry and fresh smelling. If you leave them too long, the sun can actually start to rot most cloth.

Sounds great but my dryer works fine (actually I have about thirty to choose from, I live in a highrise) Liontamer may heed your advice. :wink:

In Chicago I can hang my clothes out the window and forego the starch because they would be frozen solid in an hour.

I do love Arizona and I am thinking about going to catch a couple of Cubs spring training games later this month.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 07:59 pm
I used to love freezing my new blue jeans on the line to soften them up.
My dryer had a clogged intake. Somehow wet linty stuff built up and plugged the line.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:06 pm
At least it wasn't a squirrel or a capybara.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:16 pm
Frozen capybara sliced thin with crackers would probably go well with a bit of tequila, out in the backyard with all the rabbit bushies.

edit to improve Capybara spelling
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:18 pm
http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester/Pics/capybara.png
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:23 pm
<Diane, I think the link re rabbitbush mentioned southern NM... >

Hmmm, that 9 & 10 business might not be Sunset Western Garden zones but the regular horticultural zones. I wonder if they coincide.... (Sunset has 24 zones; not perfect, but I've found it more useful, usually, that the 1-10 thing).
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:12 pm
We do still have a missing cat... And the deer eat all of our freaking daylilies.
At least we will be well laundered.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 11:02 pm
Frozen capybara slices would only be considered after lots and lots of tequila!! Somehow seems cannabalistic. Osso, you surprise me, you never gave a hint at your wild side when you visited last week.

Sublime, all that tequila made me confoozled about which dryer belonged to which a2ker. Cool Thirty is an impressive number. High rises must be incredible places.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 12:43 am
There are pros and cons to the highrise, pros being the conveinence: store off lobby, gym, and the view which you saw from the pictures I posted. Cons would be no backyard, difficult parking for visitors, limited fix up potential, neighbors complaining about noise.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 05:44 am
Whew. Went to the Houston rodeo last night. Alan Jackson was the performer. We enjoyed the bull rides, calf scramble, etc., then thankfully got to leave after three or four songs. To me, there is something inherently unfair about turning two dozen kids loose and a lesser number of calves. I would like to see them all have to tether one and drag it into the box.
I heard about a house fire the other day, caused by a dryer. Those things often get lots of lint inside the cabinet and around the motor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 09:37 am
I've wondered about that, edgarblythe.... if I should/how to check if that is happening. I soooooo much don't want a house afire.
(Yes, I do always clean the lint filter after every dryer use.)
0 Replies