My Dad is probably cheating on my Mom.

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 02:52 am
I have been dealing with this paranoia for quite a long time. Two weeks ago, I saw my father in a new year's dating service I attended to. Though he didn’t see me at all, I saw him clearly. He was enjoying chatting women with my age. At first, I thought the body figure was just familiar. Little did I know I would see my father there--- a married man with a gorgeous wife. I didn’t want to think he’s cheating with my mom but what could have it been? I did not bother ask him why because it might lose my temper. I honestly want to ask him why but I’m afraid my Mom would know about it. I don’t want her to get hurt but she deserves to know. How should I tell her? Help!

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 07:33 am
@mycheatingdad,
Talk to him first and confirm your suspicions before even thinking of talking to your mother. Don't involve her unless it's beyond mere speculation.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 08:25 am
@mycheatingdad,
Why would you put yourself in the middle of this? Your father is an adult. Your mother is an adult. It is not your job to judge, or to protect, either of them. What are you going to do when your father explains why he is unhappy.... are you going to act as referee for your parents?

I don't know how old you are... if you are under 18, it might be a little more difficult. But my advice would be for you to stay out of this. The sex lives of your parents doesn't concern you.
mycheatingdad

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 02:32 am
@jespah,
Yes, I will. Thanks!
0 Replies

mycheatingdad

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 02:34 am
@maxdancona,
I am doing this to save their marriage. I value relationships and marriage a lot and I don't want to see them separate ways.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 05:51 am
@mycheatingdad,
You can't save their marriage. It's not you job, and you are far too close to both of them to act as referee. Please don't get involved in their marriage this way. It will only make things more painful for all.

Tell them both you love them. It is appropriate for you to express your feelings as in "I feel sad when you hurt each other". It is not good for you to take sides or be in a position to "save" them. They are going to have to figure it out for themselves.

You are the child. They are the parents. You can't change roles.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 06:29 am
I agree with Max. It's one thing to ask your father if you saw what you think you saw. But it's not your job to save their marriage. Truth is, a good divorce is often far better than a bad marriage.
0 Replies