the wake

mac11

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:21 am
I'm glad that you'll be there Beth.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:27 am
colorbook wrote:

colorbook - I'm going to be in the Frankenmuth area in the next coupla days - gonna pick up a small stone when I drive up to the lake - will bring it back here to represent all the Great Lakers.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:28 am
Piffka wrote:
Can I send you a little stone to drop off for me? It seems like a very worthy and touching ritual you've found, Beth. I happen to have a perfect little stone that I picked up yesterday.

piff - I'll pm you an address. I like the idea of more lil stones from different places. cav certainly knew/knows he had friends from all over.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 10:34 am
Absolutely, soz.

Prince, I'll certainly let your Toronto friends know.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 11:01 am
PM an address to me, too, Beth. I'd love to send you a stone for Cav. Very good of you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 02:35 pm
Done.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 04:25 pm
Please, ehbeth, provide realjohnboy with a mailing address via pm. I would like to send something.
Cav was one of the first people I met on A2K. What a delightful person he was. -john-
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:05 pm
I'm in, too, Bethy - please lemme know where to send it.

Hate to be the one to mention this, but for those who don't know yet, we have Another Sad Announcement
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:13 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Piffka wrote:
Can I send you a little stone to drop off for me? It seems like a very worthy and touching ritual you've found, Beth. I happen to have a perfect little stone that I picked up yesterday.

piff - I'll pm you an address. I like the idea of more lil stones from different places. cav certainly knew/knows he had friends from all over.

me too, i'll not be getting to toronto any time soon, so i'd love if you could place something for me
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:14 pm
just read the great lakers post, you can include me in that thought as that's probably easier
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:26 pm
That's a lot of stones ehBeth is going to have to carry! She may have to go into training beforehand! Smile

(Sorry. That was my pathetic effort to inject some humour here on this sad morning. Didn't work, did it? Sad )
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:31 pm
Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:32 pm
djjd - I realized today that I was probably driving right past you on my way back from Frankenmuth. Shoulda thought of that earlier, but life, ya know.

msolga - I've thought of that myself. "who is that woman with the bag of stones?".

I'm sad that JoanneD won't be in NYC. We'd exchanged messages about her bringing along a special stone for cav, from her summer travels. I was so looking forward to meeting her.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:32 pm
I am not going to send a stone, but I will pick one from a local quarry north of the redwood curtain and bring it with me to New Mexico one of these days, and it will be Paul's.

We're going to confuse archeologists, aren't we.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:36 pm
ehBeth wrote:
djjd - I realized today that I was probably driving right past you on my way back from Frankenmuth. Shoulda thought of that earlier, but life, ya know.

i'm assuming you crossed at sarnia, so you were still a fair ways away, but it's better to be an afterthought than not thought of at all Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:36 pm
I like that, ossoB.

I'll print out part of this thread, and take it along to read to Paul before I leave. It helped in the winter, and I think it'll help now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:42 pm
ehBeth wrote:

msolga - I've thought of that myself. "who is that woman with the bag of stones?".

I'm sad that JoanneD won't be in NYC. We'd exchanged messages about her bringing along a special stone for cav, from her summer travels. I was so looking forward to meeting her.

Laughing
"... and what the hell is she going to DO with all those stones?" Confused

then

Crying or Very sad
That's very sad about Joanne & her special stone for cav. And also that you'll not have the chance to meet her, ehBeth.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 11:15 pm
In as well.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 06:01 am
ehBeth wrote:

I'll be in New York the week before, so I'm going to pick up a small stone there - to take along - as well as a small stone from the beach here. I'll tell cav his friends miss him, and think of him.

This is lovely. Thanks beth.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:34 pm
The first little stone, very innovatively packaged, arrived today.
Thanks, piffka.
0 Replies