Menopause

Chai

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 04:18 pm
not to jinx the menstrual gods, but it's been since Thanksgiving for me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 04:20 pm
fingers and eyes crossed, Eva

(won't mention the next person posting - to avoid the jinx :wink: )
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 04:41 pm
Very Happy

And that's all I'm gonna say...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 06:56 pm
I'm keeping everything crossed for you, Eva.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 04:09 am
It's been since March for me, so perhaps that was my menopause, eh? Good luck Eva!

Perhaps I need to read the whole thread, but I have been severely depressed lately. Now whether it is hormones ,or living with a difficult man, or simply living, I don't know... but things have seemed so dire I've made a doctor's appointment to get myself some antidepressants.

I haven't had too many hot flashes, but a few. The leg cramps, however are killer, and wake me up when they strike. At first I thought they were related to alcohol intake, but after this last bout of depression (which has been tempered with liberal libation, I'd have to say the 2 factors are probably unrelated...

Anyhow, Eva, I feel your disquiet. We can;t really say this in painful, can we?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:54 am
ppp, sorry to hear about all that's affecting you. While working at a hospital a few years back, I noticed that the demographics of the women in the psychiatric ward included a bolus of teenagers and menopausal women. I'm not suggesting you need in-patient care for your depression, but being depressed during menopause is not uncommon. I hope you begin to feel better soon.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:09 am
I am sooooooo annoyed.

I had, I thought my last period over Thanksgiving of 2006....so over Easter weekend of 2008, 1 year, 4 months later, here we go again.

I thought maybe it was a fluke; one valiant egg pushing it's way through it's fallen comrades.

No

4 weeks and a couple of days later, here we go again.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 02:38 pm
Chai, I feel your pain. And I've only made it up to two months... I can't imagine going 16 months and then starting up again.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 02:52 pm
Actually mac, in the adult life, like past 20ish, I've been extrememly fortunate in not having much problems with cramps (early teen years though, whew, I would have brown-outs from the spasms).

PMS sometimes, but nothing like other wimmen go through.

It's just bothersome because, well, damn, I'm not using my uterus for anything, plus, now I'm likely to forget, and whoops.

Since no men would dare come here and read all this, I'll share.....

Last month, I went into a closet and got out these boxes of tampons I'd been saving to give to my neighbor, after she had her baby in a couple of months. I was in a rush and the first one I pulled out were those OB tampons, you know, with no applicator?

Yowza! I must be going through hormonal changes, period or no, because my bughina is not as pliable. Flow was light, and I simply could not insert all the way, because with no applicator, all that thirsty fiber made things rough. It's not enough I have to use lube for personal time, now I can't even get that little thing in there.

sheesh.

Oh well, on the bright side, I guess this is delaying the wrinkles and stuff.

Do you have bad cycles mac?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 03:05 pm
No, I'm lucky on that account too. A few hours of cramps on the first or second day at this point.

I was thinking of the psychological pain, to tell you the truth. I'm really looking forward to moving past this stage so I keep getting my hopes up.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 03:12 pm
Chai wrote:
Since no men would dare come here and read all this, I'll share.....

That's an assertion with no foundation...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 03:37 pm
Maybe I should have said confessing to have come on here... :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 04:25 pm
If you are close to the sink, a little water on those figgin OB's goes a long way.

I personally hate those me-self.. just for that reason.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 04:51 pm
they make them with the applicators too.

I don't even know why I had those stupid things in the house. I probably got them free on a rebate.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 08:16 pm
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 08:58 pm
Hang in there, gals.

It's been a year and eight months for me, so I assume I've made it through. My doctor assumes so, too.

WHEW!!!
0 Replies

jodie34

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 10:17 pm
Do hot flashes ever totally go away?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 11:03 pm
Never had one. Or a mood swing. Sorry, can't help you there.

And what's Francis doing in a menopause thread, anyway?? tsk tsk... those pesky French men.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 12:59 am
Mame wrote:
And what's Francis doing in a menopause thread, anyway?? tsk tsk... those pesky French men.

Having fun, what else?

I'm not yet in andropause, if you want to know! Twisted Evil
0 Replies