Convicted sex-offen/ teacher to wed victim after jailrelease

sozobe

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 06:02 pm
And I agree, Tenoch. I just read what you said on the thread about the new case, very much agree there as well.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 06:15 pm
What does it mean that Mary Kay and Villi have survived all these years and are getting married? I wonder how her almost adult children feel about having a 22 year old step dad.

I see Mary Kay as a pedophile and Villi as a victim who is still under her influence. I think he's going with what he knows and is comfortable with as weird as it is.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 06:48 pm
gozmo wrote:
It is simplistic to equate sexual activity of older women with young men and that of older men with younger women. The consequences for the victim are not the same , the nature and psychology of the crimes are not the same. Apart from breaching the duty of care, the crimes are very different and warrant different responses.

Tenoch wrote:
I think that the consequences of an older person abusing a younger person is equal reguardles of the gender of the victim. Little kids who sleep with teachers do not grow up without any scars.

I wholeheartedly agree with Tenoch.

Related threads:
* Tenn. Teacher Charged With Sexual Battery
* 14 year old student bangs teacher, then calls the cops

I read this awful story of one of the first men in the UK, back in the early 80s or so, who came out and sought help at a shelter for abused youngsters - and was sent away by the women there because men could not possibly be the victims ...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:45 am
I think it is awful that people TRULY believe that men can not be the victim of rape.
Unwanted sexual contact is the same no matter if you are male or female.
He was turned away?!
Sickening..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:29 am
gozmo--

Do you have documentation for any of your opinions?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 10:10 am
The questions about roles of older women, of 34 or whatever age, and a twelve or thirteen year old boy are one thing. I am in the camp of posters that think that whatever the pleasure of both in the act, it is statuatory rape and abusive by the adult whether it is a man or woman with a boy or girl, in whatever combo.

That this adult was a teacher is compoundingly serious because of the nature of the role of teacher as understood in the mores of the profession and by the guardians of children.
.. and by children.

Now the boy is an official adult. His life, his emotional development, his judgement, have been greatly affected by the relationship; he is not moving on.

As far as the evolution of their love, even I with this strict view of things can see a certain drama to their everlasting love, should such be the case, as creepy as I find it. Maybe they all will be a loving family. I foresee more drama though.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:39 pm
gozmo wrote:
It is simplistic to equate sexual activity of older women with young men and that of older men with younger women.

Maybe, but it is sexist to do otherwise.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 12:51 am
oralloy wrote:
gozmo wrote:
It is simplistic to equate sexual activity of older women with young men and that of older men with younger women.

Maybe, but it is sexist to do otherwise.

Well if it is sexist to observe facts, perhaps !!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:22 am
How many of these "facts" have you actually observed?
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 07:43 am
OK have it your way , there is no difference between men and women boys and girls rats orangutans snakes snails puppy dog tails sugar spice and all things nice. If it breathes it is identical to everything else that breathes.

I am not a pro like dlowan so I can know nothing . The hundreds of civilian hours I have spent talking with patients at Glenside, East Tce., Adelaide Clinic, Fullarton and Morier mean nothing. I am just an amateur twit and you get paid to be an expert. How dare I have an opinion.

Deb, you are really up yourself sometimes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 09:32 am
gozmo wrote:
I am not a pro like dlowan so I can know nothing . The hundreds of civilian hours I have spent talking with patients at Glenside, East Tce., Adelaide Clinic, Fullarton and Morier mean nothing. I am just an amateur twit and you get paid to be an expert. How dare I have an opinion.

Deb, you are really up yourself sometimes.

Whinging and insults: yes, that's so much better than actually attempting to defend your position.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 03:13 pm
Lol - all you had to do was say that you had experience in the area, Gozmo. Many people make sweeping statements without ever having come across a male abused by a woman.

I still disagree with you, but at least you have some basis for your opinion - which most who post about this particular area do not - except their adolescent sexual fantasies.

If you wish just to insult, go ahead - but I won't be debating you.

If you wish to use some of your experience to discuss the issue rationally, let's do it.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 05:04 pm
I'm not here for slanging matches either.

Let's consider the last few posts and try to understand what is happening here.

Oralloy conceded my view "It is simplistic to equate sexual activity of older women with young men and that of older men with younger women." as possibly correct but suggested it is sexist. I fail to see how stating a reasonable view can ever be sexist and contend that stating a fact can never be. Hence my response to oralloy.

Then comes the crude and irrelevant "show me your credentials" challenge from dlowan. I respect and admire this person's extensive contributions but am at times irritated by her manner. This was one of those times and hence the irritable "up your's madam"

I don't want to debate the subject of this thread and came here only to address a reference to my comment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:51 pm
gozmo wrote:
Oralloy conceded my view "It is simplistic to equate sexual activity of older women with young men and that of older men with younger women." as possibly correct but suggested it is sexist. I fail to see how stating a reasonable view can ever be sexist and contend that stating a fact can never be. Hence my response to oralloy.

I do not agree that it was possibly correct, factual, or reasonable.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 07:00 pm
oralloy wrote:
gozmo wrote:

I do not agree that it was possibly correct, factual, or reasonable.

I suggest you check the meaning of "maybe"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 04:05 am
If you assert that you're just "observing facts" without actually sustantiating your assertion, Gozmo, you're bound to get people querying about your credentials, on a serious forum at least. Facts arent simply facts because you say they're facts - or in any case you can bet your bottom dollar that people won't simply take your word for it, especially not if their own professional or personal experience tells them otherwise. If you're going to whine about anyone questioning or rejecting your unsubstantiated assertions, don't make them in the first place.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 05:08 am
geez, you go away for a few weeks and it seems we all still can't get along Very Happy but having been abused myself and talking with both men and women who claim abuse..there is a distinct difference in perception between males and females..so i would tend to agree with you gozmo..but i don't know whether it is society norms that cause males to percieve abuse differently..but they do not tend to be as affected as females...
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 05:19 am
There are about a half dozen reasons why I bother with this site . Namely dlowan, nimh, dyslexia, walter , blatham and cdk. There are a few more. It seems the first two are becoming blinkered thought police.

I think I'll save my eighty bucks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 06:37 am
You are way over-reacting Gozmo - and I hope if you do fling off for a bit, that you calm down and come back.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 06:45 am
dlowan,

I would like to acknowledge your PM but am not deemed worthy of that privilege. I concede that you may be correct but in any case I think I will stay away for a while.
0 Replies