Teen has NO friends.

dyslexia

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 06:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
yeah the david theory is cash buys friends.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 09:01 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

yeah the david theory is cash buys friends.
YES! It does. Believe that, Dys and it works FAST, too.

Its GREAT for re-inforcing old friendships, also.

Big smiles, and tears of JOY! No kidding!

Try it, Dys. U can use the bulging wallet stuffed full of cash,
with big bills in the concealed pocket,
but I recommend the exploding umbrella technique.
U heavily stuff an automatic umbrella with $20s, $50s and $100s,
lock it closed, give it in an ornamental box and then suggest
to your target that she or he test it indoors.

Thay r surprized when (gravity being what it is) the cash dumps itself on them.
Sometimes thay scream. Usually thay do.

If thay don 't take your advice to test it indoors,
thay can get a run for their money, if there is a hi wind outside.

If u wanna be a little more subtle, u can begift her or him
with a good book using nice new $100 bills as bookmarks. Thay like that.

Let us know how it works out.

David
0 Replies

jnme

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 12:42 pm
@TickleMeElmo,
hm sounds like everyone, especially in high school. but sounds like me too, some people have a lot fewer friends. I'm 18, sort of in the same position, went through tons of weird phases since junior year. thankfully, I can try to care less after all that bs now and focus on other things like forming a career. however I am also unhappy at times, definitely tough to get by as kind of a loner.
why should you be ashamed? this was painful but some people don't know what it's like. unless you won't try to change it, or if you like being this way, don't be ashamed.
0 Replies

Mom2TeensNTots

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 08:37 am
@TickleMeElmo,
Hi, Elmo.
I'm a mom of 4 kids, two of whom are teenagers. My 16 year old daughter has no friends in her school, yet she's been there since preschool.
Her sophomore class has 25 kids, period. If you're a little different (she is shy and marches to the beat of her own drum), it is noticed. There is one girl who is the undisputed "head" of the girls and all the rest, except my daughter, follow her blindly, hence the ostracism.
My son, almost 14, is the opposite. He has a close group of friends since preschool and is "friends" with all the girls, though he laments the fact he has no girlfriend. The downside to his situation is the drama he gets in the middle of. I worry about the influences and temptations being part of this group may entail at his age.
Sometimes not being in a "group" is a good thing. Because my daughter is not "in", she's not involved with drugs and alcohol like the other kids in her grade are getting into at their parties. She thinks it's dumb to talk about makeup, boys, and clothes all the time and has expanded her interests outside of school to compensate (church, library volunteer). I think she, like I did, will blossom when she gets to college. When I got out of high school, I loved college so much, because it didn't matter who was who (I went to a middle size state college). I made a few good friends and met my spouse there (10 days into my freshman year!). I consider my college years the best of my life; I'm certain you will enjoy them much more than high school.
My advice to you, like others have said, is to be yourself and don't change who you are to be someone's friend. Find clubs outside your school, perhaps at your local Community Center. Perhaps the best way to meet new people is to volunteer, at a library, local pet shelter, nursing home, food bank, etc. Most of all, enjoy what positives you can find in high school and discard all the rest as nonsense!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:02 am
Uh, you do realize this thread was started in 2005...which means that this person is probably OUT of college (or damn near) by now.
NickFun

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 03:56 pm
Probably married with a couple kids by now...
0 Replies

Jaqueline

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 12:35 pm
@TickleMeElmo,
Hi there. I have been in your situation enough times to know that, as you have reflected on it, the likelihood that it's you is very slim! What you may want to think about is what you have in common with these blokes... for example, in middle school I was in a group of incredibly cliquy girls who I really had nothing in common with. As soon as I started realizing (like you) that I had nobody to hang out with on the weekends, I began to think about why on earth I was dealing with these girls. Whoa re these people you hang out with at school but feel cut off from? Just ask yourself that and really think about it. But don't forget, for a second, that high school kids are jerks (and I'm younger than you so you probably know that more than I do anyway, but it doesn't take much!). The guys are often self-centered, immature jerks and the girls are over-dramatic gossipers.

If you're able to question YOURSELF, and have enough self insight to think about it and wonder at your own behavior, then I congratulate you on not being part of teenage boy jerkdom!

Hope this helps and welcome to the site, I've found it very useful and I hope that you feel better and that this helps just a little.

~Jaqueline Smile
0 Replies

melisawilson

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 03:22 am
@TickleMeElmo,
Its the time for you to be with a girl especially when you hang around with you guy friends as most of them are having girls in their life, so you too need the same as its always good to have a companion at certain age and you have reached to one when you desperately needs someone who can give you a shoulder to lean on.
Setanta

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 04:23 am
@melisawilson,
That's some of the most awful writing i've read from someone who is, one assumes, a native speaker.
0 Replies

Mom2TeensNTots

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 05:46 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella,
I realize Tickle Me's post was in 2005; however, there were lots of responses (even after mine!) and I'm sure many other kids go through this same thing every day; it never hurts to put it out there and hope that someone can be helped by something you've said.
0 Replies

olivia40201

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 05:16 pm
@TickleMeElmo,
ik how u feel......i've been going to the same school since freshman year...sumtimes they act like my friends...but idk if they really r......im alone....im not emo or anything like that....i have ppl who say they r friends and wut not but.......idk about anything anymore...
0 Replies

MARGARITAMENDEZ

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2013 07:21 pm
@TickleMeElmo,
Does anyone still write here in the year 2013?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2013 10:25 am
The idea that some kids suffer from Social Anxiety is really getting looked at this year.

Our local high school has over 2,000 kids. That's ridiculous to me.

0 Replies