Montana

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 01:48 pm
Cool and you're very welcome ;-)

Happy trails :-D
0 Replies

billythekidoftheland

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 01:05 pm
mhm
I know where you are coming from elmo. My sophmore year in high school, all of friends were seniors. It was about the last quarter of the year when it dawned on me that they were going to college and i would still be alone in high school. I didnt really have any other friends at school except for seniors. When my junior year started I was right, i didnt have any friends.
But i think that the best thing you can do is not worry about it and when you find someone that you enjoy hanging out with at school suggest doing something outside of school. Eventually you will meet all of there friends and you will have a new group of friends.

P.S. Two months can seem like a long time to have no friends, but dont think you never will, i went about 4 and a half months!!!!!!!!! I was going loony
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 02:21 pm
Welcome to A2K Billy :-D
0 Replies

casi00

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 10:53 pm
You'll definately find people to hang out with who share your interests when you go to college. You get all types of people there, including those who have grown out of the high school clique stage. I had very few friends when I was a senior, and I spent most of my time reading and painting-- and although I was lonely then, I realize that that's when I got a lot of good reading done. Now I don't have the time! Another thing that might help is to do things outside of school-- volunteer at a museum or gallary, or help with archaeology lab work or join an environmental group-- anything you think you might enjoy.
0 Replies

kalanagg00

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 05:58 pm
I HAVE NO FRIENDS
in school nobody feels like talking to me im just one of those loners i have tried to make friends but in the end when i think im their friend they turn their back on me like right now i try to be in a chat with tons of ppl but they wont invite me because they told them not to what should i do i have tried soo many thing but they still keep messing with me they call me gay and stuff and i just don't know theres this girl she says i piss her off but in the end shes the one that pisses me off.
What should I do,
singed,
I have NO LIFE Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sepia22

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 12:33 am
Right now i've gone about 2 months without friends...and i know eventually i'll meet someone but at times i get really discouraged and i'll panic for awhile. My parents are tired of me always talking to them about it so i feel totaly alone at times. im scared im gona become this boring person if i dont go out and have some fun! Could i be too intimidating or something? i feel like people arent themselves around me they act all nervous!! ugh its driving me insane.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:00 am
Well, I think some introspection is in order. Think about what happens when you're out with people, and how it can be improved. Think about what you do to try to make friends, and why it's (apparently) not succeeding. And recognize it may be succeeding, but just taking a while.

Oh, and welcome to A2K. Smile
0 Replies

DaPuksta

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:19 pm
Get into doing things you like but with other people
Yeah find out what kind of things you like doing. In high school i had a hard time making friends myself. However i found out that my religiose faith was very important to me so i started going to clubs and stuff with people who thought of it the same as I did and i started making friends like that. So if you like sports join a sport team or if you like chess join a chess team or if you like books join a book club there are many things you can do.
Friendship is very important expesually in high school and it will make the school experience much more enjoyable and even the life experience much more enjoyable to know that you have friends you can share it with.
It is important too to understand some points in starting up conversations with other people while in a school club. Just ask things like what your name is what grade ur in just small talk like that at first which will result in more meaningful conversations later on.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 05:03 am
Re: Teen has NO friends.
Maybe you should try finding friends in the community rather than just at school. Are there special interest groups that you could join? Volunteer work you could do?

You mentioned that you had friends who turned away from you. You said you couldn't find out why. Is there one of them you could speak with to try to find out what happened? Knowing might not make them your friends again, but it might help you in the future.

I'm sorry you're lonesome, and I wish I could come up with something that would help.
0 Replies

bode jode

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 05:57 pm
cheer up. i've never had a friend in my life!

well not normal ones anyway...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 02:48 pm
The normal ones are boring anyway ;-)
0 Replies

chris badmittons

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 03:07 pm
very true
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 03:32 pm
TME, The only advise I can give is "don't ever give up!"

I've related my personal story often on Abuzz and a2k, but the long and short of it is simply this; if you don't give up and work hard at your goals, it's never too late, and you may even surprise yourself at what you can accomplish.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 11:36 pm
Ditto and Marry Christmas all! :-D
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:15 pm
I felt the same way you did growing up. I felt like the most lame kid in school. Wanna know what helped me out? I joined Drama. Even if you don't have any wishes to be an actor or have imense stage fright, you will find some good people there. You might think the drama kids are dorky but they aren't. We did everything the popular kids were doing without the title of being popular. Drama really opened my eyes and I made a significant change in my life. I am still friends with some of those people from high school. I met even more in college. You don't have to like acting at all to be in drama, it's more of a place to meet people. Not everyone who is in drama wants to be an actor and many of them leave high school never wanting to do it again. Hey, its not much, but its a start.
NickFun

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:47 pm
When I was 11 years old I was very fat and unpopular. I decided to take command of the situation. When I was 12 I started running and working out. I developed my sense of humor. I started writing for the school newspaper. By the time I was 15 I was one of the most popular kids in school and a track star.

Just some words of wisdom from a guy that's been there/done that.
0 Replies

bwaybaby

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 09:54 pm
hey, ik how you feel. except im the other way around. last year i was very outgoing, and i acted almost "stupid" to get attention. i made a fake out of myself, and didnt show people who i was, because i thought people would like somebody different where they could play jokes with and have fun. yeah well they sure play jokes with me. people now "joke", they want me to leave, there happy im not in there classes, and they make up stories to see if i believe them.....i kinda went for a gullible side to. im an actor, but the thing is in real life you cant fake it. i just read these comments and this year im gonna keep my head up high, and be aqquaintences with people, i probaly wont have any real friends at school, considering the people who i thought were my friends are not at all. the thing is i cant change friends ive gone through two groups already and theres only 67 kids in my grade. i want to show people the real me now, im ready to reveal myself. but i cant what do i do?????
bwaybaby

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 09:58 pm
@kitkat bar,
agreed. theatre kids are the nicest people in the world!!!!!!!
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 05:51 am
Don't worry about "them" - ONE good friend is just fine.

I know it's a cliche, but you have to be friendly to get a friend.

When's the last time you extended friendship to anyone?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 06:26 am
@bwaybaby,

Another possibility is: do someone a favor,
who does not expect it
. See what happens.

David