How to propose to my girlfriend abroad?

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 04:13 am
I have been thinking of proposing to my girlfriend, the only problem is she’s in the Philippines. I met her through an international dating social event, we started corresponding and we really hit it off. It’s been a year now and we’ve met 3 times. I do feel that it’s the right time. I would love to marry her and have her here with me.

I know most of you would say that I should come to her and propose... but my business is keeping me busy and traveling just for the weekend is not worth the expense. Is it really not advisable to propose to her through Skype? I know it’s a question most of you would say “obviously!” Most of you would probably advice me to just wait until I have free time to travel. But I have a plan…

I plan to propose to her through a Skype video call and then have her apply for a fiance visa so she can come here soon. To be honest, I have yet to learn the requirements and regulations for visa application, if I am required to be in the Philippines with her when she applies then I will wait until I have free time to propose to her face to face. But if it’s not required, I would love to expedite things so I can have her here with me. The sooner the better!

If we go about that route, I plan to propose to her again… properly and romantically when she gets here. What do you guys think? Will it be alright or will it be a bad move? I need advice!!!

jespah

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 07:37 am
@settleyoudown35,
Please stop assuming what "most" of us would think.

Get your ducks in a row 100% before you propose. Know EXACTLY what you need to do to get her to your country. Know EXACTLY how you will get whatever is needed. Don't propose before then.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 09:31 am
@settleyoudown35,
settleyoudown35 wrote:
To be honest, I have yet to learn the requirements and regulations for visa application

do this first
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 10:31 am
If you do find out that you do not need to go to the Philippines first for her to get her appropriate paperwork so she can come here (of course as everyone says make sure you know for 100% sure first) - then under the circumstances I think it is fine to propose via Skype. Especially where you plan to have an "in person proposal" afterwards - I think that is a nice touch.
0 Replies