Relationship ended - Help!

Lady J

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 08:56 am
Montana wrote:
Funny you should mention that Lady J, as I'm headed out in a few hours to go on a sleigh ride.[/quote

I'll be right beside you in spirit!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 10:04 am
I'll be thinking about you as we travel through the snow covered woods :-D
0 Replies

Shakira 2005

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:08 am
Ahh, actually I posted this at the wrong forum. I should've never asked you guys for advice because American relationships are way different than how Indian relationships are. You guys made me feel worse then I was before and I feel stupid for posting here.

It would matter to me if he didn't call cuz I was worried about him and once he hung up he usually said I'll give you a call later and one would expect that call would be the same day? If you loved someone with all your heart then you'll be willing to take time out for that person and he didn't. I know I was mean to him but I have my reasons, I know I over reacted sometimes but I ALWAYS felt that there was something missing in our relationship but we can't just dump the guy and move on with another one. That's a very wrong thing to do in our culture..we don't see things that way, we always try to work things out! Ah, why am I even explaining to this to u guys? You would never get it...even if I explained the whole culture and our beliefs..you would still be saying it was all my fault, I know it wasn't.

Bye
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:48 am
I'm pretty sure that indian customs also mean no pre-maritals sex. So in one way even you don't respect your own culture. Obviously that guy you wanted to get with doesn't respect it either since he dumped you. If you can't take critisism then don't ask for honest advice. Hiding behind culture and beliefs is stupid.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:42 pm
sigh.

The women from India that I know don't browbeat their husbands.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:44 pm
Shakira_2005 wrote:
Ahh, actually I posted this at the wrong forum. I should've never asked you guys for advice because American relationships are way different than how Indian relationships are.

respect is respect in any culture. and you, my dear, have none.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:46 pm
aaahh, osso, great minds think alike....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 02:03 pm
Lady J, good to see you back! And almach, I'm enjoying having you post here.
0 Replies