Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
Just a lot of illegal ways...

This is about prostitution in Germany. We all know you hate America, but can we keep the thread on track?

Ah, the voice of Capt. America. If I shop at WalMart, would that qualify me as a proper American in your eyes?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:44 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
Just a lot of illegal ways...

This is about prostitution in Germany. We all know you hate America, but can we keep the thread on track?

Ah, the voice of Capt. America. If I shop at WalMart, would that qualify me as a proper American in your eyes?

Don't blame me for your hatred of America. I couldn't care less. If you have an issue with that, feel free to PM me about it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:48 pm
We may assume McGentrix to be the expert on opinions people could care less about. That is a given. Now can we put the thread back on track as friend McGentrix originally requested? Does the term physician heal thyself mean anything to you bud?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:49 pm
joefromchicago wrote:

Do you have a link, Walter?

Only to a blogg, where the article was reprinted on 24.01.2005:
link

It seems, however, that this is a correct reprint, since the TAZ has stringent rules about re-printing their articles online.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:52 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:

Do you have a link, Walter?

Only to a blogg, where the article was reprinted on 24.01.2005:
link

It seems, however, that this is a correct reprint, since the TAZ has stringent rules about re-printing their articles online.

So stringent in fact I couldn't read it! Laughing

Quick translation Walter?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:01 pm
"The government had considered making brothels an exception on moral grounds, but decided that it would be too difficult to distinguish them from bars. As a result, job centres must treat employers looking for a prostitute in the same way as those looking for a dental nurse. "

That's funny. One can not tell the difference between a brothal and a bar??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Other than that, what is the problem? The German govt is tired of supporting the unwilling and here is a available job one can take to get off public assistance.

The German People elected these people who came up with this "wackey" law. Cool
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:03 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Quick translation Walter?

You don't mean this in reality :wink:

(Hoping that Joe will do it.)

However: it's all water under the bridge now.
Even the worst case mentioned in that original article (= getting a job as barmaid in a "brothel-like"-bar. You certainly could object this job, although maybe consequences had to be considered in each individual case, so quoted as said by the official from the Labour Agency) can't happen ... now.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:05 pm
woiyo wrote:
"That's funny. One can not tell the difference between a brothal and a bar??? Laughing Laughing Laughing {quote]

listen....do I hear someone singing "Don't get around much anymore"? Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:09 pm
woiyo wrote:
That's funny. One can not tell the difference between a brothal and a bar??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

In German and Germany, a bar is a "brothel-like" establishment (mostly, otherwise it's called "Hotel Bar", or snack bar etc.).
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:12 pm
Gasthaus
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:18 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Gasthaus
Kneipe here.

But we do have two 'bars' in Lippstadt plus about eight brothel-like apartments (that's more privat) :wink:

[15 years ago, I did the AIDS prevention/education for and with the prostitutes (and guests, if I could "get" them) in our county, on behalf of the Health Authority.]

http://www.fultonchain.net/postcards/archive/ice_cream_parlor.jpg
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:20 pm
woiyo wrote:
"The government had considered making brothels an exception on moral grounds, but decided that it would be too difficult to distinguish them from bars. As a result, job centres must treat employers looking for a prostitute in the same way as those looking for a dental nurse. "

Other than that, what is the problem? The German govt is tired of supporting the unwilling and here is a available job one can take to get off public assistance.

Ah, I was waiting for the true conservative opinion poke its head out. I do love consistency. :wink:
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:20 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Ah, I was waiting for the true conservative opinion poke its head out. I do love consistency. :wink:

Come on Duck. Germany stole the Clinton Welfare to Work model. Aside from job selection, whats wrong with their program?

I wonder if men have the opportunity to be male prostitutes?? They would not idscriminate in this regard, would they?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:23 pm
I'm sure the field is rather more competitive.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:25 pm
woiyo wrote:
Come on Duck. Germany stole the Clinton Welfare to Work model.

Any source for that, please?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:25 pm
woiyo wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Come on Duck. Germany stole the Clinton Welfare to Work model. Aside from job selection, whats wrong with their program?

I wonder if men have the opportunity to be male prostitutes?? They would not idscriminate in this regard, would they?

Oh, woiyo, I didn't mean anything by it. When gunga posted the thread I just thought the more conservative position would be what you said. I was surprised nobody said it until you did, that's all.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 04:36 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
In German and Germany, a bar is a "brothel-like" establishment (mostly, otherwise it's called "Hotel Bar", or snack bar etc.).

I am so going to Germany now.

I can give a quick translation to some of the more interesting parts of the article:
    The profession of "prostitute" has been legal since 2002. The activities of a sex worker is, therefore, a job like any other. Thus, according to the new Hartz IV Law, there is no basis for an employment agency not to arrange for employment ([i]vermitteln[/i]) in the area of "sexual services." "Legally, the occupation is no longer contrary to morals," explained Mechthild Garweg, attorney for Family and Social Rights, which prepares people in the qualifying societies ([i]Qualifizierungsgesellschaften[/i]?) for unemployment. "There is no legal barrier to arranging for jobs in this area of employment." If a Muslim processes pork in a slaughterhouse, a young man works as a naked cleaning man ([i]Nacktputzer[/i]!) and a former call-center operater is required to work at a telephone sex agency, "why shouldn't a grown woman be required to earn her income through commercial screwing ([i]Vögeln[/i])," added Garweg provocatively. "There are also no criminal barriers, but, at most, cultural, societal, and moral strictures." *** Emilija Mitrovic, social researcher at the College for Applied Sciences in Hamburg and editor of the study "Workplace Prostitution" sees different aspects. "For sexual services one doesn't need training," says the researcher. Nevertheless, according to the prostitution law no woman can be assigned ([i]angewiesen[/i]) to the sexual profession against her will. This law, however, is aimed primarily against the right of pimps or bordellos to direct their employees ([i]Weisungsrecht[/i]?). And there is a large demand for personnel in the erotica field. According to Mitrovic, "it is certainly possible to reject such work, but there could be problems." Knut Börnsen, spokesman for the Hamburger employment agency, disputes this. "Certainly, there is still morality and decency." Because of that, he wouldn't arrange for employment in a bordello. "Those business don't use the agency," says Börnsen, "they have other channels."
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 04:05 am
One obvious stupid question here: do they still have gastarbeiters in Germany?

I mean, as a German beaurocrat or politician, I'd have a hard time explaining to anybody how we might have gastarbeiters around while trying to force a German woman into prostitution because there wren't any other jobs to be had.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 06:00 am
gungasnake wrote:
One obvious stupid question here: do they still have gastarbeiters in Germany?

I mean, as a German beaurocrat or politician, I'd have a hard time explaining to anybody how we might have gastarbeiters around while trying to force a German woman into prostitution because there wren't any other jobs to be had.

Depends on your definition of "Gastarbeiter".

The term itself was onyl used by the media - and this stopped in the 70's.
(Since then, it was only used by mainly by the US-media, btw.)

EU-citizens can work in the EU where they want.

Your ignorance, gunga, about "trying to force a German woman into prostitution because there wren't any other jobs to be had" happens this to be the last response to any of your posts.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:03 am
Just adding the results of some private researchs/interviews/readings:

prostituion is a legal profession in Germany and thus some could get a job there via the Labour Agencies. (And indeed, some brothels tried to get women by that.)

However, according to the relevant laws (here: SHB = Social Law Book[s]), prostituion still is immoral - the Labour Agency is not allowed to send people there.

If someone e.g. would get a job in e.g. a table-dance-bar and would find that immoral, she mutsn't do that. (Same is, if someone gets bullied: the Agency looks for another working place.)

However, all this is only theoretical - the new situation is just in 5th week (all this started on January 1, 2005), and actually, it's even no theme among those, who oppose these new laws seriously and not with emotions.
0 Replies