Eva's Wine Cellar

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 03:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Calamares..... oooooohh! One of my favorites.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 04:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Gawd... I'm starving just looking at all of that Osso, amazing feast combined with the cheeses and wine...

Going to have to try to take a "picture" in my mind and try some of these dishes, as in cooking them myself Smile

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 04:43 pm
Oho, after I drove a bunch of teenagers around all afternoon and finally dropped them off at the beach fair, I got home and ate a jar of Nutella Embarrassed
I can wash that down with spendius red wine, if it hasn't turned to vinegar yet.

On a EU note: towards the end of the Euro cup soccer match Ireland vs. Spain where Ireland was losing, the Irish fans started singing the "Fields of Athenry".....Irish fans are awesome!! "At the end of the day, I wouldn't want to be anything but Irish!" was the anchor's comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLgXjplfh4&feature=youtu.be
spendius

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:17 pm
@CalamityJane,
Did any of you people see the chicken scene in Eraserhead?

As for not wanting to be other than Irish I recommend consulting some of their famous emigrants.

I predict that in 50 years we will be sucking on a teat providing a scientifically agreed nutrient mush in three basic flavours sticking out of the wall near our couches and other convenient positions.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:23 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
If you click on the photos you'll find the websites (some are the same websites); or look for same photos under Tapas on google images. Or, ask me, as I could dig up the link urls. That tapas bonitas site is especially cool.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:32 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The one for wild mushrooms and goat cheese on crusty bread is at
foodandspice.blogspot.com
recipe by Lisa Turner
(the original url I used didn't make the site name clear)

On no! Lisa's Kitchen is another blog (I call them flogs) that I need to put on my bookmarked flogs list.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
Nutella! (I'm envious, don't have any in my cupboard)
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:45 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
I predict that in 50 years we will be sucking on a teat providing a scientifically agreed nutrient mush in three basic flavours sticking out of the wall near our couches and other convenient positions.

You did drink the wine, didn't you?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:45 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Nutella! (I'm envious, don't have any in my cupboard)

I have no more left either....actually I am sick of it now - ate too much!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
Great from the fans!

Here's a clearer rendition - you can skip the ad -

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Indeed it was great from the fans, especially since the Irish team lost 0:4 against Spain. It was a great way of showing their support, despite the blaring defeat.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 05:55 pm
@CalamityJane,
Spendius probably has no taste buds left. I think some wine might spark them up. (Thinking, what a waste).
Eva

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
A. whole. jar. of. Nutella. ............ Shocked

You're going to need something to settle your stomach!

Here...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1B68xt1u8hc/TdkJuVw5etI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/8q7SwiC2PRA/s1600/glass+of+red+wine.jpg
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 02:24 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks Osso .. As you know I loveeee cooking, so do you as it seems Smile But, please no one ever ask me to make anything with goats cheese eweee, feta, no prob, goats can't do.

At least I Have somewhere else to look for photos , thanks again Smile
Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 02:33 am
@FOUND SOUL,
You may not be getting quality goat cheese or placing it in the most suitable dishes.

Perhaps a cheese expert could be so kind as to better explain it. My encounters have been with horrid goat cheese and splendid goat cheese as well as different levels between the two. Don't give up on goat cheese.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 02:37 am
@Sturgis,
That's a fair call..

David loves it, I just find it to be too "strong" then again I don't like blue vein either, I love camembert, smoked, really matured..

Maybe there can also be some receipes on offer ? Or ideas for dishes? I'm just doing a boring potato and leek filo pastry pie, with ricotta cheese/cream/eggs served with asparagus and a pork roast, half normal and half with miren wine.

Did someone say wine? Can I have a white please Eva? Un-wooded Chardonnay if there is any in the Cellar?

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 04:44 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Spendius probably has no taste buds left.

I have very sensitive taste buds osso. I can tell what's fit to eat just by sniffing at it.

http://www.eatmedaily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/boost-mobile-pigs.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 05:01 am
@CalamityJane,
That, CJ, was a great moment for you to share with us.

What great fans.

I'm sure none of the players nor any person who was there in the stands will ever forget it.

Joe(cheers)Nation
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 09:08 am
@Joe Nation,
You crane your neck to see the action Joe. (Geddit? Sheesh! Am I witty or what?)
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 09:24 am
@spendius,
Given a choice, I'd say "What."

Joe(now I'm the witty one, eh?)Nation