Eva's Wine Cellar

Francis

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:25 pm
Jacques brought me the Chateau Lafitte!

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gismonda/images/lafitte.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:25 pm
Oh how nice, a wine bar - just what I need now.
I have the house full of wanna be teenagers putting on
a style show with little CJane's clothes, and her
entire closet looks like a bomb went in.

I need something soothing, comforting and numbing quick<sigh>

Could I try a heavy Bordeaux that knocks
my socks off?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:52 pm
Hey, Calamity, over here. You're welcome to come and sit with us.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:55 pm
I guess I had to help myself to the wine cellar http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/party/wein0.gif

Oh, now I see you. Hi Montana!
I'll be right there.....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 05:00 pm
Jacques might not have seen you come in because he was busy polishing the bottles, so maybe we should put just a little bell at the door, so Jacques will know when someone comes in.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 05:07 pm
Indeed that would be a good idea Montana.

Oh Charle...aehm Jacques, http://fool.exler.ru/sm/yaya.gif
could I have a refill please.

All the girls are shouting now in my daughters room,
since the music is around 90 decible.

My nerves!! Jacques, maybe you'll leave the bottle here....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 07:52 pm
What a lovely place, with people who are warm and welcoming. Eva, you do know how to make the ambience restful yet interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a wine cellar this large--actually, I've never seen a wine cellar!

Francis, we are so looking forward to meeting you in London. Do me a favor when we meet for dinner--choose the wine. I love fairly light wines, red or white, but I have no sophistication when it comes to labels or types of wine.

Montana, sweet Montana, I have heard a little about your day and thoroughly sympathize and agree with you!! Here's a toast to Montana-- a woman of character and quality.

Clamity Jane, your post had me laughing at the thought of all those teenage girls. Is it possible to be heard above all that noise? I had two sons, but I've been to female houses and they are rowdy and raucous. I think they are actually louder than boys. I'll order another bottle from Jacques. What is your favorite?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:04 pm
Diane, at this point I drink anything.
Actually the girls are only 9 years old but going on 16 <sigh>
Luckily, the last pre-teen has left just 15 minutes ago
and my own rascal is in the bathtub, so I just enjoy the utter quietness right now.

Let's have a good californian Merlot Diane. Have you ever
tried Francis Coppola's wines? He's not only a good movie
director his wines are outstanding as well.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:16 pm
Oh, I like Coppola's reds...
and some of us had a bit of it when we went the the cafe in SF, didn't we, Diane..
but, I've never ever had a glass of Chateau Lafitte, '78 or any other year. And, as long as there is some left, I'd appreciate having it in a special glass. I'll have to go looking for the kind of glass I mean...

http://www.nextag.com/Riedel_Sommeliers_Maxi_Bordeaux~62263665z27znz2700058zz1z2700058zzmainz2-htm
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:24 pm
Yes, CJ, as in osso's reply. God I love to hear girls being all giggly and loud, but then I've never had to live with them! Relax and I'll find the nicest merlot I can find.

Osso, now that I'm old (but feeling younger than ever), I indulge in good drinks, whether it is Maker's Mark bourbon or good champagne (which I LOVE). Since I don't drink much, I figure the expense is very much worth it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:24 pm
Beer steins are not allowed Osso Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 09:00 pm
Oh Diane, you are so very precious. Thank you so very much for your kind words :-D Now come on over and sit next to me ;-)

What a lovely group we have in here :-D

Takes another sip of wine.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 09:03 pm
dys enters the grotto with a brown paper bag and sits between Diane and Montana. dys says to eva "I'd like to see, and the sooner the better, a clean whisky glass"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 09:08 pm
Montana scoots over to give Dyslexia a little more space, but not too much space, as I don't want to interfere with that coziness :-D
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 09:15 pm
Montana, sweet girl that she is, doesn't mention the odor emanating from Dys. She compliments him on his boots, wishing he would go wash them, or something, and he says, always the gentleman, "Why thank you maam, they are Tony Lamas and very comfortable. Why, I always wear them when riding my favorite mule, Old Jumpy." Here, would you like to see the special stitching?" Montana, gasping, askes Jacques for a stiff drink of anything!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:03 pm
Why, dys! Of course you can BYOB here anytime! I believe I have just the "shot glass" for you...

http://www.crystalimagesinc.com/shot_pistol_04a.jpg

Jacques, perhaps we should think about stocking some single malt whiskeys. What do you think of that? Oh, please don't frown like that, Jacques. I know your expertise is in vintage wines. I wouldn't ask you to serve just anything. I'll find you an assistant to help out. There now, stop pouting! I promise...an assistant...yes, first thing tomorrow.

<thinking, thinking...I should find a pretty girl for this...Jacques likes blondes, I believe...>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 02:24 am
Montana belts down her stiff one and turns to Dys saying "well, now I'm ready for anything, so show me your stuff"!

Eva
Well, hell!!! I ain't no blond, so we gotta find us a blond.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:17 am
Hmmm, wasn't there a blonde girl named Bambi? Not too bright, but pretty and helpful.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:22 am
http://chiaroart.com/index/glassware/framingmartini2.jpghttp://chiaroart.com/index/glassware/framingmartini2.jpg

Glasses like this makes me wish I liked martinis. I might buy a couple and drink vodka tonics or even orange juice out of them.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:26 am
Diane wrote:

Francis, we are so looking forward to meeting you in London. Do me a favor when we meet for dinner--choose the wine. I love fairly light wines, red or white, but I have no sophistication when it comes to labels or types of wine.

It will be my pleasure, choosing you the wine! I'll give advice depending on what we are going to eat.

Besides, I'll give you a bottle from my own cellar!
0 Replies