Eva's Wine Cellar

Eva

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:36 pm
@roger,
(No, he's not a professional model. He's a sommelier...both here and IRL.) Cool

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a02/6f/hh/out-wine-other-tricky-stains-800x800.jpg

Shall I leave the bottle and another glass? Osso might like to join you when she returns...?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:45 pm
@Eva,
Sure, but chances are slim.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 10:49 pm
@Eva,
I usually enjoy reds, but on our wine cruise last January in the Caribbean, we were treated to a red wine drinkers chardonnay (from Port City) which was very good!
Eva

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 11:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So...which shall it be tonight...chardonnay, or would you like a glass of what Roger is drinking?

FS must be busy back there in the kitchen. Can you smell that? Smells like fresh bread! Mmmmm......
0 Replies

fobvius

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 12:17 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
edwardian whadyacallit room

turret
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 12:40 am
@ossobuco,
Dang, still making the bread & pork belly, won't be long... Just finished my other job. (Oops) shouldn't have said that, I don't have any other jobs, honest, honest. ..

BRB.......

Osso, did you get the stuff from the pantry to go with the pork belly? If I don't hear back from you I'll search for it, sure I'll find it....
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 01:22 am
@Eva,
Ms Eva,

David couldn't drop in, so busy at his Restaurant but says he would certainly help out and offer ideas... We call him "Mad Chef" Smile And off course when you get a crowd, I definately will be there .......

Now for the bread, pork.. Then I shall quickly check up on where Osso put the other dish...

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/SAM_0251.jpg

Well lucky David cooked this last night.. Thought we'd test it out on the cleaners, made a nice red wine sauce!!!

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/554742_394993023847169_389401611072977_1479534_426251609_n.jpg

Osso this is all I could find in pantry Shocked

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/SAM_0270.jpg

I did not ruin it for you, I DID NOT EAT THAT BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well... think I am fired now .........................
Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:36 am
Oh! We have a kitchen cat now! I love it!!! What a handsome fella he is! What's your name, big guy?

Don't cut up that carrot...it's been in the pantry for years. Sophie found it at market and couldn't resist. We'll keep it to remember her by.

The pork in red wine sauce looked yummy. I think I'll just have some coffee this morning. Maybe a little toast...

Jacques says we need some new linens.
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:52 am
Are there any biscuits?

There was a time when I could whip up a batch in 24 minutes flat.

Joe(make some gravy)Nation
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 09:52 am
@Joe Nation,
I am hungry too!!
A nice breakfast would be nice....European breakfast please!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4470863844_877dd6eb2c.jpg

Where are the biscuits, Joe?

Calamity(famished) Jane
Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:59 am
@CalamityJane,
No kidding! It sure seems to be taking him more than 24 minutes now!

Did you put sausage in that gravy, Joe? <crossing fingers>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 12:42 pm
I am waiting for lunch now...forget breakfast.

Plus I have to watch the European Cup - Germany vs. Portugal!!!

Calamity(pass the pitcher of beer)Jane
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 01:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I am hungry too!!
A nice breakfast would be nice....European breakfast please!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4470863844_877dd6eb2c.jpg

Where are the biscuits, Joe?

Calamity(famished) Jane

Well I did enjoy "eggs in a glass" with some lox & berries at Cafe Einstein, just East of the Brandenburg gate & the Adlon, and in a presentation somewhat like this. However you can keep the salami.

What's a "European Braakfast"? In Norway it's smoked herring and puffed rice, with bread and rhubarb.

How are you doing Calamity?
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 02:46 pm
@georgeob1,
Hi George,
I am doing fantastic - Germany just won the soccer game!

You're right, the picture is more German breakfast - in Europe, every country has it's own specialties for breakfast, yet it's still different from American.

What's wrong with Salami? I love it! Especially the small ones that look like sausages. Trader Joe's has them.

How are things with you, George! Still defying retirement?
spendius

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 02:53 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:

Portugal didn't deserve to lose though. Germany got battered in the last 30 minutes.

Quote:
Especially the small ones that look like sausages. Trader Joe has them.

Do I detect a jest Madame?
spendius

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 03:00 pm
@spendius,
Actually Cal, one of the things I don't care for with the NFL is that if you get battered you lose. Every time.

But in proper football you can win. Chelsea in Barcelona for example. And then in Munich. I find such games the best to watch.

Imagine the score in Barcelona if you got a free pop at an empty goal for getting the ball to a 20 yard line. Barcelona would have won 30-3. Or something similar. Such is a goal in a big game. No wonder they celebrate.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 03:02 pm
@spendius,
Haha, no - you probably don't know that "Trader Joe" is a store, not a person Wink
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 03:04 pm
@spendius,
What? Didn't Chelsea only win because of penalty kicks?
That doesn't prove anything, it's sheer luck only!

Of course I watch football rather seldom, but this doesn't stop me from
being an expert, right - just like every other couch potato!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 03:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Hi George,

You're right, the picture is more German breakfast - in Europe, every country has it's own specialties for breakfast, yet it's still different from American.

What's wrong with Salami? I love it! Especially the small ones that look like sausages. Trader Joe's has them.

How are things with you, George! Still defying retirement?

Glad to hear your team won!

Spendius has a twisted mind - spiritual and scatological at the same time.

I never liked salami or most sausages (though we did have some very good sausage - Nuremburg sausage as I recall- in Germany - the curry wurst was OK too). For example I really like Italian antipastos, but mostly for the marinated vegtables, pesto and buffalo mozarella. I always leave out the damn salami.

Yeah, still working, but still having fun doing it. Though I'm watching the government carefully. If Jerry Brown gets his way and the Feds don't fix the forthcoming increase, I'll be working for 40% after taxes - hardly worth the effort. More significantly, if they raise the capital gains rate I'll be far better off selling out this year. Perverse incentives !
spendius

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 03:10 pm
@CalamityJane,
I took it as a symbol Cal. Mainly because I wanted to so you could look witty. I know it's a franchise.

It amused me to think of an innocent young lady, in whose mouth butter would refuse to melt, passing such a remark in the pub and beer froth getting sprayed everywhere.