Canadians want Fox News Now!

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 02:36 pm
CANADIANS WANT FOX NEWS NOW!

The Canadians are checking in. Canadians are logging on to the Canada Free Press website in droves, and it's largely courtesy of Fox News. Liberally quoting Rachel Marsden's insightful column about Fox News versus the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), I wrote a column, Thursday about what a dramatic improvement the more professional Fox News would be over leftwing slanted, taxpayer-funded CBC in balance-deprived Canada. The letters that poured in within the first day after the column affirm my belief that mainstream Canada wants Fox NOW.

So many letters from fellow Canadians also gave me a personal boost. Ever since going daily a year ago come May, Americans have dominated CFP letters to the editor. Our next door neighbour, of course has a larger population and Canada Free Press columnist Arthur Weinreb has been chronicling for months the disturbing anti-American sentiments that seem to flourish in Canada. But while the Jean Chretiens, the Carolyn Parrishs, the Paul Martins and Maurice Strongs seem to wax anti against anything American, many--if not most--average Canadians do not feel the same way.

The anti-American ways of the Liberal cabal in Ottawa is frustrating for Canadian writers filing stories to CFP, including yours truly. While the United States, Britain, Australia and other countries in the Coalition of the willing, are out there fighting for our freedom, the sniveling Canadian government, hanging back in the relative safety of the sidelines, carps away at our noble next door neighbour and biggest trading partner. It is my personal belief that some aspects of Canadian society actively work to undermine the United States of America, and that's what newfound research genius David Hawkins and I will be writing about in months ahead. "I just happened to run across your article on Fox News," wrote Canadian Alan Ehnes. "I am now your newest fan. When I saw the incredible hatchet job CBC did on Fox I was apoplectic, especially in consideration of the fact that my tax dollars are paying for this supposed "journalism"."

"I was so happy and thrilled to read your article today on Fox News coming to Canada. My bp goes up each time I tune in to Don Newman to see how he will crucify the Conservative view today; or to Craig Oliver on Question Period with his band of Liberal cronies, patting Martin on the back all the way," wrote a resident of Bedford, Nova Scotia. I had no idea that there was any place in Canada who gave journalistic students another view. This was the best news I heard today. Canada Free Press will not allow CBC TV or Radio near CFP journalists. Can't wait for Fox News, because all I get to see now is Fox News Sunday for 1 hour."

"Canada needs a credible vehicle that will break the left wing mainstream choke hold on us here," wrote Canadian Joseph Molnar, who carbon copied his CFP letter to Fox giant, Bill O'Reilly.

Even personal hero, talk show host/columnist Rachel Marsden checked in with a letter. "Nice article! Thanks for the placement," Marsden wrote on the eve of having Ann Coulter on her radio show (listen online via www.rachelmarsden.com). The good news is that average Canadians are in the know about the insidious relationship between the Liberal government and the leftwing mainline Canadian media. They know that Fox News is coming and that it can't get here soon enough. God speed the arrival of Fox News Canada!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 27,039 • Replies: 557
No top replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 08:21 am
Re: Canadians want Fox News Now!

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. This above, is the first two. Next, where are the stats that show Canadians want Fox. There are sites dedicated to watching Fox, so that no one else has to. That's all anyone needs, Canadians or Americans.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:20 am
Boy, JW, you must be starting to feel as if you are smack on top of Canadian politics and social sentiment.

There isn't a Canadian on board here who won't find this lady anything but laughable. And so so so predictable in content and style.

You really ought to get yourself back to school. I'm sure you are a lovely person but your notion of intellectual rigor and 'truth' would make you a prized catch for a staff position with Pravda. Or, if that would be too much work, just a happy reader of it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:26 am
So should it be inferred, blatham, that your preference would be to shield the tender sensibilities of Canayjuns from the foul and calumnious vituperations of FOXNEWS?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:37 am
We've been over this Fox News thing a couple of times.

Nothing new at TorontoFreePress, which would find Timber a flaming liberal leftie.

Now that Fox News has been unbundled from products that are already available in Canada, it will be possible for it to apply to be offered on cable. It is already available to those of us with satellite service.

As I've posted on another thread, one of my neighbours weightlifts naked while watching Fox News in front of an upstairs window. Interesting market segmentation. <shrug>

I watch Fox News occasionally, but I'm not much one for any of the U.S. networks. They're all kinda variations of each other on the right end of the political spectrum. I'd rather watch news from one of the French, Brit or Italian networks - where they have some decent discussion from different parts of the spectrum. Or Canajun.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:48 am
Lol! Ah - but who ever said that canadians were immune from stupidity?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
blatham - It appears that insulting me somehow eases your insecurities. If it makes you feel better, I sincerely doubt Fox will make that much of a difference up there (although it seems one or two of our northern neighbors are receptive to it).

Perhaps your anger would be better directed at Judi McLeod or Rachel Marsden (her email is in the article).

My Dad (a doc) has several research colleagues in Canada. I could tell you what he's hearing from them, but of course, that would be anecdotal (therefore irrelevant) and might further increase your discomfort. We don't want that Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:56 am
The vociferous, increasingly intolerant conservative commentator Ann Coulter said recently on Fox News: "It's always the worst Americans who end up going (to Canada) -- the Tories after the Revolutionary War, the Vietnam draft dodgers after Vietnam. And now, after this election, you have the blue-state people moving up there. They better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent."
To many people planning their move, such comments are merely another reason to get packing. As soon as they can.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:00 am
timberlandko wrote:
So should it be inferred, blatham, that your preference would be to shield the tender sensibilities of Canayjuns from the foul and calumnious vituperations of FOXNEWS?

You are asking...would blatham censor political viewpoints disagreeable to blatham? No.

If you asked this question...would blatham, if he were in a position to decide licencing matters for networks, adopt such a position on content (mandated space for opposition viewpoint) as was previously held within your nation? Yes. Or, if you asked...would blatham set strict controls on media ownership? Yes. Of course, so would Bill Safire and enough of your own citizenry and elected officials such that Powell didn't get away with loosening controls (already to weak).

Fox is functioning (though other examples are worse...townhall, newsmax, etc etc) precisely as did Pravda...as a propaganda tool. Diversity of voice is shallow at best, and greatly a pretense.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
I think it's perfectly permissable for Canadians to watch FoxNews with the following provisos:

At the beginning of each hour there should be a notice that some of the commentators have received a stipend and whichever Cabinet Department (Education, Defense, State, Etc) they have received it from, we'll leave to the viewers to guess which commentators. Same as here in the States.

Every once in a while during the broadcast there should be a reminder flashed on the screen that the viewer is not watching a parody of a news program and that the reporters actually believe some of what they are saying is the truth.

At the end of each hour there should be an announcement to the effect of :
The preceding Broadcast was paid for in part or wholly by the National Republican Party of the United States of America.

They Report What We Want Them To Report:
We've Already Decided For You.

Joe (Some viewers are complaining about the use of the word 'left' in No Child Left Behind reports saying that it should be No Child of the Left will be Left when we get through with them, er through to them. ) Nation
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:03 am
JustWonders wrote:
blatham - It appears that insulting me somehow eases your insecurities. If it makes you feel better, I sincerely doubt Fox will make that much of a difference up there (although it seems one or two of our northern neighbors are receptive to it).

Perhaps your anger would be better directed at Judi McLeod or Rachel Marsden (her email is in the article).

My Dad (a doc) has several research colleagues in Canada. I could tell you what he's hearing from them, but of course, that would be anecdotal (therefore irrelevant) and might further increase your discomfort. We don't want that Smile

Nah, girl. Insecurity is not a consequence of the utterly predictable.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
JustWonders wrote:
If it makes you feel better, I sincerely doubt Fox will make that much of a difference up there

If you don't think it will make much of a difference, why waste the bandwidth shouting about it?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:07 am
JustWonders wrote:

A former co-worker (and now just friend) has an uncle (professor) and daughter (doctor) in Canada: that would be quite funny to post their remarks about this (also our Canadian friends already posted similar Laughing ).

Walter (who's late father has been a doc as well - if such suddenly gives more reputation to responses Shocked )
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:16 am
ehBeth wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
If it makes you feel better, I sincerely doubt Fox will make that much of a difference up there

If you don't think it will make much of a difference, why waste the bandwidth shouting about it?

Because now you are Able2Know Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:24 am
and here's your chance to be the same

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1026058#1026058
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:12 pm
Note to blatham - just funnin' with ya ... 'course, you already knew that, right? :wink:

(timber - who still has deep reservations regarding that whole Magna Carta thing Laughing )
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:22 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Note to blatham - just funnin' with ya ... 'course, you already knew that, right? :wink:

(timber - who still has deep reservations regarding that whole Magna Carta thing Laughing )

hey buddy...I have not a single friend unmarked by foolishness.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 02:11 pm
Quote:
hey buddy...I have not a single friend unmarked by foolishness.

for the purpose of bookmarking, I have to declare this statement to be untrue.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 02:29 pm
um thinking.....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 03:32 pm
Two cases in point.
0 Replies