Michael Moore: Dems Are 'Wimps and Losers'

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:14 pm
http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/28/172628.shtml

Quote:

Disgruntled conspiracy filmmaker Michael Moore blasted the Democratic Party on Thursday, saying its field of candidates for 2008 consists of "a lot of wimps and losers."

"The Democrats are going to have a very hard time winning the next election," he told London's Channel Four. "The Republicans have a number of star players and the Democrats have a lot of wimps and losers."

Only last month Moore was calling Hillary Clinton a Democratic Party star who had a good chance of winning in 2008. But her widely reported move to the center has apparently turned him off. Moore was particularly irked that so many Democrats, including Clinton, voted to confirm Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice this week.

"It was a disgusting sight and indicative of who the Democrats are," he told Channel Four. "They are lazy and they're cowards and I'm just hoping that the more they continue to act like that the more it will encourage Americans to run against them and put the US back in the hands of the working class, where it belongs."

Moore said the GOP is much more aggressive. "Bush and the Republicans have no shame and will resort to anything in order to win. The Democrats show up to a gun fight with a butter knife and thus they lose."

The radical movieman said he "prayed nightly" that Bush's "many scandals" would catch up to him and end his second term prematurely.

Asked if he would donate to the anti-war movement his income from "Fahrenheit 911," which reportedly topped $150 million at the box office, Moore pleaded poverty.

"I haven't seen a dime from this movie!" he told Channel Four.

Instead, said Moore, "I will promise you that I will donate as much of my time as I can in the coming months to see that the anti-Bush movement transforms itself into a massive anti-war movement so we can bring these troops home."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,981 • Replies: 47
No top replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:38 pm
Can't argue with Moore here. Kerry put up a sorry fight. The Democrats ran against a party that recognizes no limit to its abuses of the oposing candidate. I think neither Dean nor Wesely Clark would have pulled their punches. They may also have lost, but at least they would have cleared the air from that lying little sh*t in the White House.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 05:21 pm
Dean and Wesley Clarke are both psychotics. A british general actually told Clarke to screw off when Clarke ordered him to intercept Russians landing in Pristina ("I'm not going to start World War III for you").

A political party which would even consider running either of those two clowns for president is basically defunct.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 05:28 pm
speaking of psychotics.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:01 pm
Gunga, you have an unhealthy obsession with Michael Moore. It's very odd that you harp on everything he says. Who cares about his characterization of the Democrats (or anyone else)?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:04 pm
Speaking of psychos-- I just read an article about the Dems' New Great Hope.

(This'll KILL you, gunga.)

Barbara Boxer.

I swear.

It's all over for them. They got nobody.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:05 pm
Speaking of psychotics, if you really want to get down to it, I'd say that the Clinton regime featured a baker's dozen of such, including both Clintons, Madeline Albright, Janet Reno, Carville, Begala, Cohen, Wesley Clarke, Donna Shelaleigh, Babbit, and several others.

I kind of like having the US government back under adult supervision, andf the key to the assylum back in the hands of the sane.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:06 pm
Lash wrote:

(This'll KILL you, gunga.)

It'll kill the de-moker-rats, if it's true.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:08 pm
yes indeed the inmates have finally taken over the institution. Keep a close eye on the house of reps for the latest ethics scandal. I expect they will start coming daily now, for your entertainment some of them will involve Dems.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:09 pm
OK, I got Demmunists--but, I'll be damned if I can figure de-moker-rats.

A little help...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:23 pm
Lash wrote:
It's all over for them. They got nobody.

What about Phil Bredesen? Former Mayor of Nashville, Governor of Tennessee, his ratings have hovered between 63 and 72 percent -- among both Republicans and Democrats -- and this in a state where last year, 46% of the voters considered themselves conservative. Practically the most popular governor in state history. Won even 50 out of Tennessee's 89 rural counties.

Currently reputedly considering a 2008 primary race ...

Read more here

Colorado's Salazar remains an interesting prospect too ...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:40 pm
You're right, of course.

And, I happen to know a guy, Carl, a gas station attendant in Natchez, MS, who is a right friendly guy and a quite popular feller...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:46 pm
LOL, Lash. If the Dems keep listening to garbage like M.Moore, the Republicans could nominate yer friend Carl in '08 and win in a landslide Smile
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 07:01 pm
Whatever happened to Adlai E. Stevenson III? I mean, he was supposed to be the second coming of Julius Caesar or something, and then he got wiped by cartoon ads showing Jesse the Body Ventura body-slamming the 'evil special interest man' in the ring.

Was that simply too much for Adlai III and we went off and joined a monastary or something?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 09:51 pm
I am betting that most of you guys are in your early twenty's?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:16 pm
Nope
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:19 pm
Lower, rev...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 10:22 pm
Higher PD
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:38 am
The "psychotics" are currently in the White House and destroying America.

And it's the old, neoconservative farts on this thread who don't care. And why should they? They'll be dead soon anyways...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 01:34 am
Dookiestix wrote:
The "psychotics" are currently in the White House and destroying America.

And it's the old, neoconservative farts on this thread who don't care. And why should they? They'll be dead soon anyways...

"Old neoconservative farts"

Just proves young dookie (and only a juvenile would give themselves such a name) has no comprehension of what neoconservatisim is.

"Nutty neoconservative idealists" Perhaps

"Jingoist neoconservative war-mongers" Less so, but I can see the connection.

"Diabolical neoconservative world conquerers" Extreme, but built on at least a shred of a foundation.

"Old neoconservative farts." Nope, just doesn't get it.

Neo means new - hardly the quality of an old fart.

Pat buchanan is an Old Paleoconservative Fart

Brent Scowcroft is an Old Realistconservative Fart

Tom Delay is an Old Jackass Fart

but Old Neoconservative Fart, I don't think so.
0 Replies