Michael Moore: Dems Are 'Wimps and Losers'

gungasnake

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:22 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

I always thought Foster Brooks did a mean Ted Kennedy impersonation.

I missed that one; DAMN............

That would be worth paying to see. Brooks used to play the drunk with the permanent case of DTs at the bar. Dean Martin would ask him what he did for a living and he'd always reply that he was a brain surgean, an aiirline pilot, or some kind of thing which simply cannot be done by somebody with the DTs. Once he replied

Quote:

"Why, I'm a d-d-d-d-d-d-d-dentist..."

"Well, do you use lots of NOVOCAINE??"

"J-j-j-j-just enough, s-s-so I don't hear, the screams....."

I told that to my dentist once and the poor guy almost got to laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:46 pm
nimh wrote:
Heh. Thats the first time Finn ever made me grin, I think ...

Lash's answer, on the other hand, was just silly of course. Moore is no more representative of the Democratic Party than Lieberman is. People like Salazar, Warner and Bredesen are contenders in the party; Moore is just an agitator.

I've seen a couple of references you've made on this thread re me saying the Democrats are represented by MMoore. I didn't say it. (Of course, I do think they are increasingly falling off the leftie edge-- Boxer, Kennedy--) It hasn't been long ago that all the elected national politicians were at least viewed as reasonable. Maybe left, but not conspiracy theory, barking mad. Not so, anymore. They ARE in the Micheal Moore wing of the Democrat party.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:46 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

Kennedy and Kerry; Pelosi and Boxer; Lehey and Levin et al - Theses are the voices of the Democratic Party.

Do they sound a bit like Michael Moore?

Tell you who Teddy Kennedy is starting to sound more and more like:

Foster Brooks.

http://www.comedystars.com/Bios/_pics/brooks_foster.jpg

http://www.comedystars.com/Bios/brooks_foster.shtml

Quote:

...Brooks was perhaps the only comic around who could make the twinkly-eyed, tippling Martin seem sober by comparison. For his variety show guest spots Brooks usually appeared as a monologist but sometimes came on as a bombed TV executive or tipsy husband in sketches. Questioned about being drunk, he might cock a bleary eye at his antagonist and announce, "I must say that I have a very good reason for bein' loaded." Then after an unsteady pause: "I been drinkin' all day!"

One need only compare the essentially blemish free face of Brooks (Is he now deceased?) to the gin blossom garden that is Teddy's face to realize one was a man impersonating a lush and the other a lush impersonating a man.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:56 pm
interesting concept finn, wanna see some pics of republican sots? the bottle seems to passed around both sides of the aisle. But you knew that already right?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:16 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

One need only compare the essentially blemish free face of Brooks (Is he now deceased?) to the gin blossom garden that is Teddy's face to realize one was a man impersonating a lush and the other a lush impersonating a man.

HEAR HEAR!!!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 09:39 pm
dyslexia wrote:
interesting concept finn, wanna see some pics of republican sots? the bottle seems to passed around both sides of the aisle. But you knew that already right?

We're discussiing Teddy Dys.

That there are Republican lushes is entirely immaterial.

Are you attempting to suggest that because Mr. Smith is a murder that it is OK for Mr. Jones to slaughter his neighbors?

Spare me your scales of justice.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:55 am
gungasnake wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I always thought Foster Brooks did a mean Ted Kennedy impersonation.

I missed that one; DAMN............

That would be worth paying to see. Brooks used to play the drunk with the permanent case of DTs at the bar. Dean Martin would ask him what he did for a living and he'd always reply that he was a brain surgean, an aiirline pilot, or some kind of thing which simply cannot be done by somebody with the DTs. Once he replied

Quote:

"Why, I'm a d-d-d-d-d-d-d-dentist..."

"Well, do you use lots of NOVOCAINE??"

"J-j-j-j-just enough, s-s-so I don't hear, the screams....."

I told that to my dentist once and the poor guy almost got to laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.

That's Foster doing "Teddy." I knew you'd seen it!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 01:38 pm
How the hell do the people of Mass justify it to themselves??

Quote:

"He may be a broken down old drunken bum, but he's OUR broken down old drunken bum"

??
0 Replies