Cheney criticized for Auschwitz attire

PDiddie

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:59 pm
His took says "Staff 2001":

http://glennz.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/cheney_auschwitz.jpg

I guarantee you that's his ice-fishing outfit.

Right after he left the ceremony he and Scalia went and sat in a duckblind on the Rhine for four hours and handjobbed each other to stay warm.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:17 pm
Coulda been worse. He could have Prince Harry advising him on 'appropriate' apparal.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:22 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
hypocrisy, you mean. the rest of your post i didn't understand. who the heck are you talking about - "the well dressed are the ones they need protection from..."
huh? the whole world against cheney and israel... ? brilliant. just brilliant.

Thankfully, I'm not one of the supremely snotty who point out others' misspellings and typos. They must live in constant fear of making an error--or worse, think they are above errors.

You don't have to be brilliant to know the UN's/Europe's history with anti-Semitism-- or to know that the primary reason for anti-Americanism is our allegience to Israel.

BPB--
No, I don't know Cheney, which is why you don't see me making declarative statements about his motives.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:22 pm
That would be worse than a handjob from Antonin Scalia how?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:26 pm
Lash wrote:
You don't have to be brilliant to know the UN's/Europe's history with anti-Semitism-- or to know that the primary reason for anti-Americanism is our allegience to Israel.

Where did you get this idea, Lash? There are many people and countries that support Israel - and do not support America. Israel and America are not wrapped in a bundle for much of the world.

There are clearly some people/countries that do make that connection, but primary? No.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:32 pm
lash, please do tell me about the UN's history with anti-semitism. that should be interesting. A little tough, since UN comprises some 200 countries, but since you don't have to be brilliant, it will surely be a piece of cake.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:38 pm
Just in the past couple of days, I've come across several articles mentioning the alarming rise of anti-semitism in Europe.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002162015_auschwitz27.html
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:45 pm
And then there's Russia.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050125/ap_on_re_eu/russia_anti_semitism_2
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:47 pm
Yes, there have been articles about the rise of anti-semitism in the past year. Actually longer, this trend has been around at least for the last five years. What does that have to do with what Cheney is wearing?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:47 pm
It must be embarassing to be so inappropriately dressed for a memorial service. I can only hope the expression on Mr. Cheney's face is chagrin.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:56 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
lash, please do tell me about the UN's history with anti-semitism. that should be interesting. A little tough, since UN comprises some 200 countries, but since you don't have to be brilliant, it will surely be a piece of cake.

KIRKPATRICK BLASTS UN'S ANTI-SEMITISM

http://www.internationalwallofprayer.org/A-111-Kirkpatrick-Blasts-UNs-Anti-Semitism.html
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:05 am
this is a joke, yes? You did notice she spoke at the Zionist Organization of American 2002 Justice Louis D. Brandeis Award Dinner, and the article is from The Jerusalem Post. Should we now proceed one by now to see who's saying what? We can spend an eternity on this fun game. Still don't understand what that has to do with what Cheney is wearing.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:08 am
Not to hijack the thread or anything, dag and JW, but I found the Occom Bill version:

http://www.hoffmania.com/photos/uncategorized/cheneyausch.jpg
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:09 am
You asked to be told about the UN's history with anti-Semitism. Anyone who can read is aware of this ongoing problem.

"The United Nations hasn't really improved much in the years since I was there, and it hasn't really improved much at all with respect to Israel," said Kirkpatrick. She said that when she first began attending Security Council and General Assembly sessions as America's ambassador, "I was very deeply shocked by the simple anti-Semitism that pervaded the place." The anti-Semitism and anti-Israel sentiment she was exposed to at the world body was "mysterious," and "very, very strange," she said."

Are you saying Mrs. Kirkpatrick is a liar?

I think bigotry is far more important than fashion, but perhaps I'm alone in this.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:11 am
LOL PD....he actually looks a bit warmer with the cheesehead Smile That guy behind him on the left looks downright jealous LOL.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:12 am
JustWonders wrote:

I think bigotry is far more important than fashion, but perhaps I'm alone in this.

This has to do with respect, not fashion.

Perhaps this is something that is not understood in America.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:13 am
Oh, I think we perfectly understand where you are coming from Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:14 am
i say that's her opinion. mine is different. worked there, too. that's it from me, there are threads on UN. this one isn't.

now that must be some smelly cheese, Pdiddie, everybody seems to be turning away!
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:15 am
angie wrote:
He could have shown up in a tux, and, IMO, he would still have generated the same level of disdain.

I'm guessing it's his policies and his attitude that people find most offensive, much more so than his attire.

I think Angie nailed it with her post.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:51 am
JustWonders wrote:
angie wrote:
He could have shown up in a tux, and, IMO, he would still have generated the same level of disdain.

I'm guessing it's his policies and his attitude that people find most offensive, much more so than his attire.

I think Angie nailed it with her post.

and apparently Dick and his supporters and defenders are as blissfully unaware and as arrogantly uncaring about that as they are about his abyssmal sense of decorum, courtesy and respect. Not really surprising is it?
0 Replies