Cheney criticized for Auschwitz attire

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:59 pm
Mountain out of a doggie pile.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:28 pm
More like bullshit pile. Anything to have a negative opion of the US.

SOmeone else had stated that he shouldn't have even shown up. Can you imagine the crap we would have gotten if that had happened.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:33 pm
Baldimo wrote:
More like bullshit pile. Anything to have a negative opion of the US.

SOmeone else had stated that he shouldn't have even shown up. Can you imagine the crap we would have gotten if that had happened.

don't you have someone to proudly kill somewhere? Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:58 pm
I said that, Baldimo, and overall, I have a very positive opinion of the U.S. A few examples like this help me be somewhat understanding of those who do not.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:11 pm
Rog, you just reminded me why I love you. Honest and down to earth are two of my all-time favorite characteristics. (Hope I don't spoil your moderate image.) lol
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:19 pm
Cheney reminds me of myself when I was in college. I would infuriate my mother by dressing down whenever possible. Of course, I was a wise-ass college student and it was the '60s.

What's Cheney's rationale, I wonder?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:21 pm
Precisely, D'art.

Even Dubya is known for always wearing a suit in meetings (except when he's clearin' brush), yet Cheney didn't have the sense to realize that this, of all occasions, calls for his dress-up clothes?

It's just odd. Or dumb. Or arrogant. I can't tell which.

And rog, really and truly, I don't know who "those who do not" have "a positive opinion of the US" are supposed to be.

Are any of "those" people on this board right now?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:37 pm
PDiddie, if you turn the connotation to not having a positive opinion of this administration, they might be referring to moi.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:57 pm
What really bothers me is this: doesn't he have "handlers"? People who advise him on protocol? There are plenty of sharp cookies in the US diplomatic corps who could have set him straight. Or is Dick so feared that nobody dares question his bad taste?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:59 pm
Diane wrote:
PDiddie, if you turn the connotation to not having a positive opinion of this administration, they might be referring to moi.

Moi too.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:26 pm
The only thing I can think of, is that he was cold and wanted to be warm. Those jackets are pretty warm, I know I have one.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:27 pm
Hey, look at it this way. If the old, fat guy rips a big one, nobody's gonna notice...
0 Replies

angie

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:13 pm
He could have shown up in a tux, and, IMO, he would still have generated the same level of disdain.

I'm guessing it's his policies and his attitude that people find most offensive, much more so than his attire.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:24 pm
This is rich.

He's one of the few there who feels it is important to protect Israel--and the well-dressed ARE THE ONES THEY NEED PROTECTION FROM.

I'm not surprised so many consider dressing appropriately for a ceremony more vital that not being an anti-Semite.

The hypocracy.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:41 pm
Lash wrote:
This is rich.

He's one of the few there who feels it is important to protect Israel--and the well-dressed ARE THE ONES THEY NEED PROTECTION FROM.

I'm not surprised so many consider dressing appropriately for a ceremony more vital that not being an anti-Semite.

The hypocracy.

dick cheney doesn't give a **** about anything except enriching himself and his inner circle.....and he'd piss in your face as fast as he'd piss in mine to do it lash...wise up.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:42 pm
You're too smart to see your political opponents as one dimensional stick figures. You don't know Dick Cheney.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:43 pm
hypocrisy, you mean. the rest of your post i didn't understand. who the heck are you talking about - "the well dressed are the ones they need protection from..."
huh? the whole world against cheney and israel... ? brilliant. just brilliant.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:43 pm
Lash wrote:
You're too smart to see your political opponents as one dimensional stick figures. You don't know Dick Cheney.

and you do I suppose.
0 Replies

Kyle esq

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:52 pm
You know what strikes me odd... his wife wore the proper attire... what the is up with Dick... is he just a dick?

But with all seriousness... I can assure you he was aware of what to wear. This was his own doing. No 'lost lugage' (stated in 1st page; Smile). You can't help but wonder... just what was this man thinking?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:30 pm
C'mon you guys. Cheney's wearing an AF issue artic parka for the outside ceremony. He replaced it with a traditional black coat - red tie and gray scarf for the tour of Auschwitz.

Lynne also had on a hooded parka, but it was black and didn't stand out as much as the green.

Considering the ceremony, fashion should have been the least of his concerns - the least of all the attendees' concerns. What I wonder is what the heck WaPo was thinking sending a fashion reporter to an event of that magnitude.

Give the man a break. He's got a heart condition and being warm trumps being fashionable. IMHO
0 Replies