Portland, Seattle, Vancouver

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 10:17 am
Piffka - I'm feeling pretty badly that I couldn't swing a side trip out to see you.

Pdog - draw one! draw a pic of P&L! Yep, when I came back home from NM with loads of pictures my father looked through, oh - maybe one roll - and named the whole mess of them as "rocks and sky" and lost interest. I even had a phase where I took pics of clouds.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 10:22 am
I love that purple spiky thing. What is it? Some kind of orchid?

pd, I know about the sun and stuff. My sympathy, really.

I hold out some hope that you will be shocked and amazed when you actually get there -- "wait a minute, THIS is Madison? But but it's sunny and wonderful!" -- since you visited at about the worst possible time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 10:24 am
Soz, I'm not sure about all the plants - especially that one and the orang-ish fungus looking thing. One of the reasons I snapped the pix was to look'm up later.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 10:27 am
Cool!

Beautiful place. We hope to get to the family cabin in the Rockies this year (E.G.'s ancestors had a gold claim there), and the pictures made my longing to go there more tangible yet.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 10:58 am
little k - I sent you a note this AM. Are we on for lunch?
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 11:33 am
Hi lil'k....

your pictures are great.... I love the pics of everyone together.... I recognize all the brush and flowers, but don't have names.... most of the brush around here is called "salal"....

http://www.wnps.org/salal/

also, we get "fireweed" in some places.....

http://www.wta.org/~wta/cgi-bin/wtaweb.pl?3+fz+flora+red

I love living in this area.... it rains a LOT of the time, but I still love it....

PaL

P.S. you can see a picture of me (and more importantly, Jack, my dog) from a link in my A2K profile.... I just went there and added some Jack photos and deleted a bunch of other photos.....

Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 11:41 am
Oh, hey! Nice pics! The two jumping ones are amazing -- Jack (such an intelligent face) and your daughter on her horse. Wow!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 04:59 pm
okay, so the stig-figure i was going to contribute for PaL won't work so well now. so playing around a bit...

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgDUAjUVePQpOrmgnL3LMDULyQIv6Do6FQ3Q3mSLC62Ne*uZRhX7UsOI221FJlxyR5umyMOwspiJcBeYAtufpslkKxQwsUeY*30TXZ5QEn8/PaLdeconst.JPG?dc=4675429471481704121
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 05:02 pm
That's just spooky... Shocked
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 05:14 pm
I had lunch with little k!

Nah nah nah nah nah nah.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 05:16 pm
sozobe wrote:
That's just spooky... Shocked

It is? Oh. I'm a bit of a morbid sort, I think. She's got very piercing eyes, so I thought they should be the focus. Ah, well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 06:25 pm
boomalingadingdong - that was funny! Laughing
of course littlek is going to be totally fileted, grilled and bbq'd to learn all about you (did littlek pass on a message from the general?).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:09 pm
Bwaaaack for Super Chicken!

That message?

At the end of my days I'll happily look back on the fact that there will always be Super Chicken.

And I'm certain that you'll all be terribly dissappointed with my normalcy.

Not to sound vain but in my own defense, prior to her posting any photo, I must admit that nothings been done to my hair since my stylist's wife was diagnosed with cancer and sitting around sipping Bailey's with my Mommy over the last three weeks added a few pounds to my frame.

Of course, other than being average, at the heighth of unphotogenia, and the exhausted grandparent of a closing in on three year old monster (Do not poke the hyena - that's our new motto) I'm perfect.

It was really a lot of fun. We met downtown for lunch and really had a great time. As many of you have already met little k I don't need to elaborate on how truly wonderful she is.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:13 pm
I had a blast meeting with Boomer as well! I always pictured her with dark hair for some reason..... I will divulge more info, but I just got a minute to use the puter and now we need to get to dinner. And, Boomer, I still have not gotten this a.m.'s email! Grrrr....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:28 pm
that shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper chicken, indeed! ........... click
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 09:17 pm
Hey, is that teeny tiny boomer with teeny tiny Mo?

Sooooooooooo jealous. -sigh-

Yes, spooky. Very Happy Gotcha with piercing eyes. And not that spooky is bad. But spooky.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 10:28 pm
ey look! I think that it tiny teeny boomer!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:23 pm
Wow, Betheh - SHAZZAM! Nice avatar.

So, I'm home. The animals look great as does the garden. Aaaaahhhhh.....

I had a wonderful time meeting everyone. I wish I hadn't been late meeting the group in Seattle - I wish there was more time that night and that I wasn't so travel-weary. Everything's already been said about that night. Everyone was great.

And meeting Boomer was a real treat! She was as awsome in person as online. She showed me the way back to the MAX(transit) and we got a couple pictures we can share later.

Thanks to everyone for going out of your ways to show your faces to me and eachother. It made my trip a better one - it was good to have something of my own thing out there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:25 pm
Welcome home, lilGirl. I'm glad to hear Boots and Screech are well.
and congrats on taking a break! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:42 pm
I flew right over Tranna!
0 Replies