I just need someone to listen, Please

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:02 pm
my dear lady... let me just give you some words of encouragement... there is hope for you. I interned at a battered womens counseling center and I am a certified battered womens hotline counselor. I have helped women just like you. the thing is, you aren't going to leave until you are ready... you will be it just takes time. he has worn your self esteem down so much that it is going to take a long time for you to build the courage and the strength to get out... some of my clients have just taken a few dollars every week and hide it. even if that is the start of you gaining your independence back.
look around your phone book and find out if you have services available to you in your area. Look under domestic violence agancys. there can even be a hotline you can call that you can actually talk to someone in person.
justtalking to someone at a domestic violence agency... might be all hte encouragement you need... and they can help I promis.
there are a lot of places that can help you... you already reached out by coming to us... that is a start.

what you need to have if a safe plan.
Pack a bag and leave it somewhere that is not in your home, a friend, relative.
start putting a few dollars away here there.
if you do decide to leave your children go with you.
have a place ready to stay... a local shelter... domestic violence agancys have shelters that are in an unknown location so your husband wont be able to find you unless you tell him where you are.
Restraining order... the morning after you leave...
there are many courts that have advocates that will help you fill one out.
these advocates can also point you toward counseling centers to help you cope with the stress you have and will be going through while you are transitioning.
there are places you can go for job training. there are resources like housing assistance and fuel assistance that can help you get back on your feet. food stamps. don't be ashamed to use the resources that is what they are there for.
please private message me if you need to talk...
and I wish you all the strength you need.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:02 pm
I suspect you can't www to your own site, it is meant, I think, as some other favorite.

This is not as punitive as it seems - a2k gets zillions of spamsites and spam attacks, sometimes almost crippling to the site, and the rest of us sort of suffer for it. Nothing is meant against members like Brooke.

I'm not a moderator, but have watched for years now.
They try to leave people a lot of room, but have to be incisive once in a while. And all that leads to rules that affect us all.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:05 pm
Done, Brooke. Yeah, some news site filled the screen, but you were behind it. I didn't explore, but a nice looking home page.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:08 pm
Uh oh! I tried to go wandering around. Your site is temporarily unavailable. Something about having exceeded data transfers, or something like that. It did say temporarily, though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:16 pm
Roger
Did you PM mom5 Brooke's site?

Just checking before I go ahead and do it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:17 pm
aimeemarie
That is excellent advice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:21 pm
I did. Now, we can hang out and find out what Geocities means by "temporarily unavailable."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:33 pm
Thanks Rog ;-)
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 08:21 am
Thanks Rog N Montana!

I was going to come back and make sure that you got it to her ok, but me and my huggey pillow just crashed last night. I was pretty tired.

You guys have a great day!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:30 pm
You're very welcome Brooke and you have a fabulous day yourself :-D
0 Replies