I just need someone to listen, Please

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 05:59 am
Mom5, I just want to say I understand why you'd stay in this very bad situation for so long. I'd never dream of criticizing you for it.

I think your strength will come back a tiny bit at a time. Even a very small bit of progress right now is reason to congratulate yourself.

Be kind to yourself, please. Looks like Brooke has PM privileges now. I'm so glad moderators did the right thing here! You are all such good folk.

Mom5, we care. We stand behind you even though you don't know us. We hope for the very best for you.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:37 am
see your doctor and find out what help is available but get out NOW - all this advice is so good but you need to act on it

I hope you do - good luck
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:01 am
mom5,

no advice here....that base has been covered by our resident angel ( :wink: )
but I just wanted to say there are people who care about you, even if we don't know you personally. Take care of yourself, look to those who have offered you their hands and heart and know that no matter what owned you in the past, your future is still your own!

When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly. --Barbara J. Winter
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:07 am
I resisted posting last night. There are forum members more suited for helping you. Here's an atta-girl from a guy who's in your corner. I can honestly say; I feel your pain.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:09 am
Can't pm you Roger or Montana....but just letting you know I truely appreciate your help.

Mom.....Please know that I am not trying to be pushy. I gave you my number so that you would know there is someone who cares and will do anything in my power to help you. Call it if you ever need it. In the middle of the night....anytime, it doesn't matter what time it is. I
am at work during the day but am alerted to all voice mails that come into the phone.

Mom....if you venture onto the forum, I will be close by. I'm at work right now but A2K will be in my taskbar.

(((( MOM ))))

PS- I am touched by all the wonderful people on this forum that care about others the way you do. HUGGGSSSS
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:48 am
There is nothing I can say that Brooke and Montana can't say better... so I'm just here to say I hope everything works out and that you find the courage to correct this horrible situation. We're all behind you.
0 Replies

mom5

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:14 am
I'm not real sure how to post to an individal but I hope you can rea this Brooke. I really sense the genuine care in your post. I have written down your number for when I get the nerve up to call. I really appericate knowing that so many people do care, even though you don't know me.Believe me when I say, I will be taking all this info in. I am not sure how often I will be able to check in I have to get on the computer on the down low. Thanks so much for your concerns. I will be smiling today from within knowing ya'll care.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:18 am
I am glad you wrote my number down. And I am glad that you are smiling today! Very Happy So am I, now.

(((( Mom ))))
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:23 am
mom5, we do!
Keep your chin up. It's a long road but one worth traveling.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
I've just read this thread and just want you to know that I've read and I care. I hope you take Brooke up on her offer of support.

((((((MOM5)))))) from me too.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:36 am
Montana and Brooke, thank you for jumping in and giving such sage advice and caring attitude. Let me tell Mom an important aspect of protection for you is letting people who deal with these activities know you're in trouble. Shame should not prevent you from doing this. Hidden abuse diminishes when the knowledge goes beyond the family confines. He can no longer pretend to be an upstanding member of society. My father was a brute and we were better off after the police were called and he was forced to spend a night with them so we would be safe. It occurred again but the frequency diminished. I've posted before on this subject. I was the oldest son and recognized that I had to get in my father's path so he would beat me and not one of the smaller kids.

He's not likely to change so you must. The first you've already taken by asking for help. You recognize the danger. Let a professional advise you by recommending a course of action. If this includes a method for you to achieve independence so be it. Let me add more than many I understand what you're going through and add my wish that you and your children find peace at last.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:02 pm
Mom5
I'm so happy to hear that you will take things into consideration. Never be afraid to call Brooke. She is one of the kindest people I've ever known and she would never ever do anything but try and help you to help yourself. If it's just someone you need to talk too, she is all ears, as we all are. All of us here care very much and we are here whenever you need us. I mean that with all my heart. We are quite a warn bunch here at A2K, so never be afraid to come and tell us what you're feeling.

You're not alone

(((HUGS)))
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:11 pm
Just checking in on you, Mom. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif

I truely hope that you took time to reflect on things today. And in doing so, I hope that you are seeing that mental image in your mind of you living your life in complete peace. It can happen you know.

I was thinking today about the fact that he has not hit you in a few years. Also the fact that you KNOW he will hit you again. I was wondering if you are also afraid of what he might do to you if you leave. Then I was wondering if you even knew the PROPER way to leave an abuser.

If Montana or Roger would be so kind as to pm you the link to my website, it would be most appreciative.

It takes alot of courage to make changes in your life. Even if you know that the changes you make are the only changes you CAN make.

Always here for you,
Brooklyn

PS-Good post bobsmythhawk.

((( Montana )))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:13 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Can't pm you Roger or Montana....but just letting you know I truely appreciate your help.

It's my pleasure Brooke ;-)

I thought I heard you could use the PMs after 500 posts, but then I saw something along the line somewhere where Craven was saying there was a problem with the PMs. I'm not sure what the answer is, but give it a try again after you've reached 500 posts.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:18 pm
Brooke
I would be happy to PM her your website, but I forgot where I put it, so if you can email me the website, I'll PM it right along. This way she'll won't have to wait for me to hunt down the site.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:19 pm
Thank you very much, Montana.

I'm getting close to 500. So, maybe one of these days. :wink:
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:32 pm
Montana........ he he he @ your pm. You devilish lil thing you. Twisted Evil

As far as my site..........well, see that little www at the bottom of my posts. :wink: Very Happy

Thank you
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:35 pm
Mom5--

Do you want your daughters to copy the life you are leading?

If not, you'd better leave that life.

Make the first choice: Enough is enough. Then act.

The rest will be easier.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:47 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
Montana........ he he he @ your pm. You devilish lil thing you. Twisted Evil

As far as my site..........well, see that little www at the bottom of my posts. :wink: Very Happy

Thank you

I clicked on your link, but I'm getting an error messege sating it could not be found. Can someone else try and see if the link works for them?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:55 pm
Montana........sorry, it's a geocites site. If you have pop-ups blocked you either have to unblock them or press CTRL and hit refresh on your keyboard with the page open. That will bring it up. I just checked it.
0 Replies