What, exactly, is the rationale for establishing "sanctuary cities?"

maxdancona

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 05:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't see much difference between Layman's conspiracy theories and the racial hatred of the past. There is nothing that Layman is saying that wasn't said about the Jews.... and the Chinese... and the Irish.... and the Italians... and (more recently) about Kenyans....

You can stick up for him if you want Finn.

This mindless ethnic hatred isn't new.
layman

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 05:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Americans are such racists that they even hated the Japs back during WWII, too, eh, Max? You left them out. And you forgot to mention that they also hated the Krauts, and that's only because Americans are all xenophobic, too, ya know?

Why they just didn't cede America to Japan rather than commit the worst conceivable atrocities at Hiroshima and Nagasaki will forever remain a mystery--to cheese-eaters, like you, that is.

If you saw a tiger in the jungle who looked hungry, you would probably try to feed it some meat from your hand to demonstrate your infinite empathy and goodwill for all to see, eh?

Ya chump, ya.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 09:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This mindless ethnic hatred isn't new.

That's for sure, Max. It has been present for each and every one of the myriad USA illegal invasions/false flags/phony wars, terrorist actions, ... .

And considering that the USA has been at war for 93% of its years in existence that is a lot of racial hatred.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 09:05 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Go figure, eh?

How Mexico Treats Illegal Aliens--Their practices are discriminatory, corrupt, and abusive.

Notwithstanding their hardline against immigration into their country,

Quote:
A May 2002 Zogby International poll in Mexico reported that 58 percent of Mexicans agreed with the statement, "the territory of the United States' Southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico," and that 57 percent agree with the statement, "Mexicans should have the right to enter the US without US permission."

https://migration.ucdavis.edu/mn/more.php?id=2659

That was over 15 years ago. I suspect the numbers are even higher now. It was around that same time that:

Quote:
Mario Obledo, who was California's Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Gov. Jerry Brown, and who founded MALDEF (the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund) commented, "California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave. Every constitutional office in California is going to be held by Hispanics in the next 20 years." People who don't like such demographic changes "should go back to Europe."

https://fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/chicano-nationalism-revanchism-and-aztlan-myth

It aint like the handwriting hasn't been on the wall while Obama and Bush stood and watched many millions of Mexicans illegally enter the country and stay.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 09:44 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I have white privilege. It is quite noticable when dealing with the occasional encounter with a police officer.

If you don't like that, Max, move to California and see what it's like to be in a minority, eh?

If you can hold out 10-20 years, you can even find out what it's like to be a severely abused minority. I have a feeling you'd like that.

Quote:
As Miguel Perez of Cal State-Northridge’s MEChA chapter has been quoted as saying: “The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan. Communism would be closest [to it]. Once Aztlan is established, ethnic cleansing would commence: Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled — opposition groups would be quashed because you have to keep power.”

http://humanevents.com/2006/04/07/emexclusive-emthe-truth-about-la-raza/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/O6Sa3JDFzag[/youtube]

Quote:
In an April 1969 press conference in San Antonio, Gutierrez again sounded this same theme while also charging that Latinos in America were the victims of widespread racism and "cultural genocide":

“We will not try to assimilate into this gringo society in Texas, nor will we encourage anybody else to do so.... We realize that the effects of cultural genocide takes many forms—some Mexicanos will become psychologically castrated, others will become demagogues and gringos as well, and others will come together, resist and eliminate the gringo. We will be the latter.”
“It's too late for the Gringo to make amends. Violence has got to come.”
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:08 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Let me put it this way.

Imagine if your worst fears had happened; Hillary Clinton was elected and now the ATF was asking to work with local police departments to enforce every Federal gun law on the book.

Considering that Federal Guns laws are more lax than State Gun laws, it would actually be better for people, since it is the States that are infringing on a Constitutional Right.

Quote:
You know the reaction that would come out of conservative communities to save their guns? That is how I feel about immigrants (except immigrants are actually people).

The problem is that there are no State rights on Immigration, this was proven when AZ tried to extra enforce federal law with their own state laws on immigration. People such as yourself were upset that AZ was trying to enforce Federal law, but you are ok with states going against federal law as long as you agree with those violations.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:22 am
@centrox,
Quote:
Isn't it "State's Rights" to defy Federal law and enact their own laws? Strange how the wingnuts stick up for the Feds when it suits them.

You do understand the 10 Amendment don't you?
Quote:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Compare that to what you think States Rights means. Immigration is a Federal power, not a state power, so there for States Rights do not apply to immigration law. I'll point again to Arizona and their laws which enforced Federal law, vs CA which is to go against Federal law.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Layman speaks for himself

If all you have to support your, frankly, idiotic assertion that Mexicans are the new Jews are his posts...

Well, it's idiotic.
layman

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I've posted a shitload of facts, stats, quotes obtained from reliable sources, legal citations, etc. What does Max have in "rebuttal?" Any facts? Any law? Any authoritative sources? Naw.

He has--what else--the ever-reliable "racist" epithet, eh? That always fixes everything, don't it, Max?

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
He was able to get a Nazi and racist remark in one simple comment.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 01:08 pm
@layman,
There is only one person on this thread who has posted anything racist. That happens to be you. The fact that you are opposed to illegal immigration doesn't make you a racisr, as many people here have shown.

When you start slinging ethnic based conspiracy theories, that's what is racism.

Finn, I apologize for my hasty remark implying that you are responsible for Layman's ugliness.
layman

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 01:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There is only one person on this thread who has posted anything racist. That happens to be you. The fact that you are opposed to illegal immigration doesn't make you a racisr, as many people here have shown.

When you start slinging ethnic based conspiracy theories, that's what is racism.

Finn, I apologize for my hasty remark implying that you are responsible for Layman's ugliness.

Have you heard the "conspiracy theory" about Hitler killing jews, eh, Max? You might like that one, since jews are involved.

0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 01:29 pm
Looks like these conspiracy theorists have learned how to photo-shop ****, eh? Kinda like Bush photoshopped pictures of planes flying into the Twin Towers when it was really all caused by explosives planted by Bush himself, and ****, ya know?

Quote:
American Flags Burned, Mexican Flags Waved in Post Election Protests November 9, 2016 | 10:47 AM EST

There are reports of several riots sparking up following the announcement that Donald Trump was elected as the 45th President of the United States.

Video of American flags burning and Mexican flags being waved can be seen in multiple videos from the protests.

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/american-flags-burned-mexican-flags-waved-post-election-protests
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 03:58 pm
@Baldimo,
Who?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 04:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Don't mistake my comment about layman speaking for himself as implying I agree with you about his character or comments.

I'm not in the habit of defending anyone in this forum unless I feel they are being ganged up on.

Layman can hold his own.

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 04:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Max
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 04:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Except there wasn't an Inquisition devoted to annihilating Mexicans, no early Anglo pogroms designed to purge California of them and no Final Solution intended to wipe them off the face of the earth.

The comparison is absurd.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 04:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In my opinion, Layman's comments on this thread are not only ignorant, they are obscene. He is suggesting certain ethnicities are a threat to the United States even for natural born American citizens. And yes, I stand by my comment that there is nothing that Layman is saying about Mexicans that weren't said about Jews by the most vile anti-Semite.

Layman is no longer a participant in this discussion... he is Exhibit A, his posts are prime examples of racism behind some of the anti-immigrant position.

I will say it again, just to make it clear; being opposed to DACA, or "amnesty" or anything else does not mean you are a racist. Singling out American citizens of certain ethnicities as enemies of the state does.

You can defend him if you want. Or, you can sit there and pretend he doesn't exist.

I have no problem using the word "racist" to refer to posts that are actually racist.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 04:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are being silly Finn. If someone on the left side of the political spectrum says something that is clearly offensive... I stand up to them. I have attacked the left on this site for many things... I told TheCobbler that his/her attacks on religion were bigotry.

At some point, integrity and human decency have to outweigh political ideology. Don't you think?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 04:38 pm
@maxdancona,
Good for you max

He's a provocateur and he's very successfully provoked you.

You keep insisting that I am defending him and that, most certainly, is not the case.

What I am not doing is joining you in condemning him and I see no reason why I should.