Faux News Blindsided

Synonymph

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:56 pm
Quote:
Baldimo wrote:
Piffka wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
That is why me and other people I know have put our money where our mouths are.

What are you doing?

I joined the military, what have you done?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:07 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Quote:
Baldimo wrote:
Piffka wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

What are you doing?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What's your point? If you have something to say then do so with words and not BS smilies!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:16 pm
My God Baldimo you are made of iron and leather.....let me speak for the rest of us here at A2K in expressing our total awe just for the privilege of sharing cyber space with such a steely eyed and determined American patriot.....

and that's no bs smilie either....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:16 pm
Baldimo wrote:

I suppose what you think would be the most interesting thing I have done is to pay for my son's university classes in ROTC. He plans to take Basic Training in March and then return to the ROTC classes, the reason being he does not think it is fair to become an officer without himself undergoing the training the enlisted men must take.

My proudest act is to be a member of Women in Black, who mourn the need for people anywhere to solve their problems by fighting.

Quote:

Dao De Jing #31
To rejoice over a victory is to rejoice over the slaughter
of men!
Hence a man who rejoices over the slaughter of men
cannot expect to thrive in the world of men.

On happy occasions the left side is preferred:
On sad occasions the right side.
In the army, the Lieutenant Commander stands on
the left,
While the Commander-in-Chief stands on the right.
This means that war is treated on a par with a funeral
service.
Because many people have been killed, it is only right
that survivors should mourn for them.
Hence, even a victory is a funeral.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 04:20 pm
Piffka your liberal elitism is a dishonor and a disservice to true patriots everywhere. I am dispatching a black helicopter to your home this very second. Abandon hope and resign yourself, oh enemy of the republic.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:09 pm
<nodding> Yep, we've got subversive behavior at every turn.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:29 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Quote:
Baldimo wrote:
Piffka wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

What are you doing?

What's your point? If you have something to say then do so with words and not BS smilies!

Smile Run along and play your little war games, GI Joe. Smile
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:34 pm
Zane wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Quote:
Baldimo wrote:
Piffka wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

What are you doing?

Smile Run along and play your little war games, GI Joe. Smile

Your damn right I will. Cool

And by the way, war is no game
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 05:59 pm
Check out Micheal Savage's comment that the Tsunami wasn't a tragedy at the same site.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 06:26 pm
the fact that baldimo uses the "cool" sunglasses emoticon with his damn right I'll go to war statement makes me wonder if, out of the cyberworld, he's actually old enough to be in the service....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:40 pm
I find it interesting that liberals like to play this game...

Cycloptichorn said "Why don't you sign up and go fight, seeing as you believe in it so much? Right. "

Baldimo did and now he's getting crap from the left about it...

Just another case of the typical stream of BS liberals feed each other. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 08:03 pm
I'm not giving him crap McGentrix...I just don't believe him..... and there's not a liberal on these threads not sharing space at the BS trough with you.... I have a hard time reconciling that....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:40 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm not giving him crap McGentrix...I just don't believe him..... and there's not a liberal on these threads not sharing space at the BS trough with you.... I have a hard time reconciling that....

If you must know bear, I am 31 years old, been married for 8 years and have 2 children.

If I get this right, I hope this shows.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/buddasmom/detail?.dir=9bee&.dnm=dc4a.jpg&.src=ph

This is a picture of a friend of mine and me, from basic training. It was taken on Jan 2 2004. I'm the one on the left.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:11 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Of course you're giving him crap. He is a member of the US military, and it appears that garners one nothing but scorn from certain members of the left. You, Cinnesthesia, and Zane jumped on him with condescension.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:20 am
Baldimo, I hope your babies don't lose their daddy when you go off to war.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 10:43 am
Sorry Tico, didn't mean to crowd into you area... Laughing

I do not scorn the military... I scorn people who walk around with a hard on for this war....do you think if Tommy Franks and Colin Powell were regular posters here that they would use bragging sginatures like "Coming to a justified war near you" or use the "I'm cool" emoticon when speaking of their involvement in a war? Do you think they would spout a lot of "Kill 'em all if they wear a turban" rhetoric that's displayed here?

I do not. I think REAL military men, or at least real mature men, find war and the killing of children and innocents as atrocious and horrible as I, or Cinn, or Zane, or any of the other anti war people on these threads do even while being involved in it. People of character go to war reluctantly not gleefully and posturing like some saloon bully wannabe.

That's my opinion. And no bad ass that exists around here or anywhere else is strong enough to dissuade me from it. And I'm just a little bear. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 06:41 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:

This sucks.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 06:51 pm
Lash wrote:
Cinnesthesia wrote:

This sucks.

what does?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 06:59 pm
It sounds shitty. That's very damn serious to be snarking about cavalierly on a message board.

If you were going, I wouldn't dream of saying that to you. When you are adversarial, the intent is clear.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 07:08 pm
I really and truly think you have COMPLETELY misconstrued Cinn's post. I think she was being sincere. You will of course believe it or not as you wish.
0 Replies