What is Health?

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 01:00 pm
I really want to know. I've been told the body has innate ability to heal itself if put into the right environment (air, light, water, food etc,.) But then what is disease? Is disease just a result of putting the body in a bad environment?

jespah

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 02:54 pm
@jerlands,
What you've been told is a load of malarkey for most things beyond a cut or the common cold. There are various disease processes - perhaps you've heard of viruses, or bacteria?
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 03:23 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

What you've been told is a load of malarkey for most things beyond a cut or the common cold. There are various disease processes - perhaps you've heard of viruses, or bacteria?

You're heard of virology? Virus and Bacteria as well as Yeast and Fungus are essential elements in human health. Being exposed to a virus can be a good thing.
jespah

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 03:44 pm
@jerlands,
You asked me what health and disease were, and I told you. Is it new subject time now?
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 03:55 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

jerlands wrote:

jespah wrote:

jerlands wrote:

I really want to know. I've been told the body has innate ability to heal itself if put into the right environment (air, light, water, food etc,.) But then what is disease? Is disease just a result of putting the body in a bad environment?

You're heard of virology? Virus and Bacteria as well as Yeast and Fungus are essential elements in human health. Being exposed to a virus can be a good thing.

You asked me what health and disease were, and I told you. Is it new subject time now?

I don't see that you've answered anything. Health is multifaceted in that it is comprised of Body, Mind and Spirit. Disease is just that dis-ease.
Glennn

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:04 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
I've been told the body has innate ability to heal itself if put into the right environment

Yes, the body will do what it knows to do in order to maintain homeostasis. And of course, good food is part of that. Also, abstaining from processed foods that cause inflammation helps.
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:06 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I've been told the body has innate ability to heal itself if put into the right environment

Yes, the body will do what it knows to do in order to maintain homeostasis. And of course, good food is part of that. Also, abstaining from processed foods that cause inflammation helps.

Exactly. Our environment has direct effect on genetic expression.
Glennn

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:19 pm
@jerlands,
I used to be chronically ill. This was the result of smoking, drinking, and sugar consumption. In time I developed eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, a heart problem that no one could determine, and several food allergies. I was told that there was no cure for eczema, etc. Eventually, I stopped drinking and smoking, gave up meat, and used sea salt instead of regular salt.

In exactly ten years from the first sign of eczema, I was free of it, and am now in excellent health. Well, except for my eyesight; that didn't change. I'm wearing reading glasses as we speak . . . or type.
centrox

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:28 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:
Disease is just that dis-ease.

And bullshit is just that - bull-****.

Glennn

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:38 pm
@centrox,
Why the hostility?
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:47 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

I used to be chronically ill. This was the result of smoking, drinking, and sugar consumption. In time I developed eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis, a heart problem that no one could determine, and several food allergies. I was told that there was no cure for eczema, etc. Eventually, I stopped drinking and smoking, gave up meat, and used sea salt instead of regular salt.

In exactly ten years from the first sign of eczema, I was free of it, and am now in excellent health. Well, except for my eyesight; that didn't change. I'm wearing reading glasses as we speak . . . or type.

That's good news. One of the better forms of sea salt comes from deep within the ocean (celtic sea salt "makai.") Minerals play a crucial role in health but knowing what foods you're reacting to is also critical. You might look into IgG testing. Cyrex labs and SpectraCell have testing that shows micronutrient levels in cells.
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:50 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

jerlands wrote:
Disease is just that dis-ease.

And bullshit is just that - bull-****.

No.. disease in many instances is set up by the process of inflammation whose root typically lies in a condition known as leaky gut (intestinal permeability) and it creates dis-ease in the body.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:56 pm
@Glennn,
There are targeted exercises, antioxidants and vitamins (nutrients) that help with eyesight. I'd supply the link but my internet connection is suffering from a storm several days ago and for whatever reason have limited connectivity. You might search for "functional medicine eye care."
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:58 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
but knowing what foods you're reacting to is also critical.

Yes. In a strange sequence of events, a complete stranger told me about something called NAET ( Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique)therapy. We were talking about the weather and other things when I mentioned how weak I was becoming. He said he knew someone who was the same way, and that the problem was allergies. He then told me that that person received NAET treatments and was free of their allergies. I found a doctor who practiced this. After multiple visits I could eat what I wanted without feeling terrible and drained.

My first response to this treatment was a feeling that it was witchdoctor kind of stuff. But it certainly worked for me. And I know others who have been cleared of allergies within twenty-four hours of treatment.
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 05:05 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
but knowing what foods you're reacting to is also critical.

Yes. In a strange sequence of events, a complete stranger told me about something called NAET ( Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique)therapy. We were talking about the weather and other things when I mentioned how weak I was becoming. He said he knew someone who was the same way, and that the problem was allergies. He then told me that that person received NAET treatments and was free of their allergies. I found a doctor who practiced this. After multiple visits I could eat what I wanted without feeling terrible and drained.

Elimination diet is a good way but testing is the only sure way. You can rid yourself of most food allergies except I think for gluten intolerance. Once memory b cells have that target they never forget.
Glennn

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 05:20 pm
@jerlands,
The testing for the NAET therapy was strange to me. I was in a lying down position and was given a small vial with liquid inside which contained the essence of the thing I was being tested for. I held it in right hand and was told to hold my left arm straight up. He then told me to offer resistance as he pushed that arm down. I had no problem resisting for some items, but when he handed me a vial with the essence of egg in it, my arm had absolutely no strength as he pushed it down. This made me laugh out loud because it was unexplainable. I told him to try it again. He did, and the result was the same. I felt no weakness with some things, but definite weakness with others. After the treatment, I was able to eat eggs without the physical and emotional trouble anymore.
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 05:31 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

The testing for the NAET therapy was strange to me. I was in a lying down position and was given a small vial with liquid inside which contained the essence of the thing I was being tested for. I held it in right hand and was told to hold my left arm straight up. He then told me to offer resistance as he pushed that arm down. I had no problem resisting for some items, but when he handed me a vial with the essence of egg in it, my arm had absolutely no strength as he pushed it down. This made me laugh out loud because it was unexplainable. I told him to try it again. He did, and the result was the same. I felt no weakness with some things, but definite weakness with others. After the treatment, I was able to eat eggs without the physical and emotional trouble anymore.

That's strange to me.. I'm not familiar with NEAT. My wife had Crohn's, seeing a psychiatrist to manage the 15 different medications she was on and often irrational because of that. I knew she wasn't getting the care she needed so after some research started learning about integrative medicine, which is science based. After convincing myself we first changed our diet (gluten free, high fat, low carb) then had ourselves tested by a functional medical practitioner. I know now how irrational conventional medicine is in that it is based on pseudo-science that has been propagated by the pharmaceutical industry.
Forgot to mention... my wife became free of symptoms very quickly, is off all her pharms and I think going in the right direction.
0 Replies

chai2

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 05:56 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

I don't see that you've answered anything. Health is multifaceted in that it is comprised of Body, Mind and Spirit. Disease is just that dis-ease.

So if you already know all this, what are you asking?
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 06:01 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

jerlands wrote:

So if you already know all this, what are you asking?

I opened this topic as a discussion... not a question.
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 08:00 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

jespah wrote:

There's what's called the virome and biome in the human body.. along with a lot of other ome's
0 Replies