What is Health?

chai2

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:01 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

I opened this topic as a discussion... not a question.

Then why did you start the topic as a question?

Have you heard what question marks mean?

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:20 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

jerlands wrote:

I opened this topic as a discussion... not a question.

Then why did you start the topic as a question?

Have you heard what question marks mean?

I was questioning others. You can open a topic as a question or as a discussion. I poised the discussion under a question if that makes sense to you.
chai2

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:25 pm
@jerlands,
Why are you questioning others when you think you already know what the answer is?

You reject anything others say, so you are obviously just asking the question so you then school us on your knowledge.

Knowledge which is not accurate in any event.

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:30 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Why are you questioning others when you think you already know what the answer is?

You reject anything others say, so you are obviously just asking the question so you then school us on your knowledge.

Knowledge which is not accurate in any event.

How to put this lightly.. I think it's an interesting discussion.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:34 pm
@chai2,
I think it's an interesting discussion because it involves the mind. The mind in my opinion is the seat of our health.
chai2

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:39 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

I think it's an interesting discussion because it involves the mind. The mind in my opinion is the seat of our health.

Then don't ask it as a question.
Tell us you'd like to discuss it.

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:43 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

jerlands wrote:

Then don't ask it as a question.
Tell us you'd like to discuss it.

You seem to want to restrict me to your ways. I really don't want to be subject to that.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:45 pm
@chai2,
stupidity that is.
Glennn

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:57 pm
@jerlands,
One thing that bothered me about conventional "wisdom" when it comes to the medical establishment is that when a friend of mine was out of surgery and recovering, the nurse brought him a soda pop. I wonder how long that will continue before they wise up?
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 09:58 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

One thing that bothered me about conventional "wisdom" when it comes to the medical establishment is that when a friend of mine was out of surgery and recovering, the nurse brought him a soda pop. I wonder how long that will continue before they wise up?

Acute care in America is bar none the best in the world but as far as nutritional sense I'm shocked.
Glennn

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:01 pm
@jerlands,
Yup. One doesn't have to look very far to learn how sugar affects white blood cells.
jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:05 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Yup. One doesn't have to look very far to learn how sugar affects white blood cells.

Red blood cells... glycation.. this is how and why diabetics lose limbs.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:06 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

The other point that comes to mind is a vast percentage of surgeries performed in America are frankly unnecessary. Hospitals like to do procedures that benefit them more so than benefit the patient.
0 Replies

jerlands

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:13 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

The damage done by soda pop can't be overstated. Kids today have high incidence of fatty liver disease.
0 Replies

MarieBazemore

Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:22 pm
@jerlands,
Health is the physical, mental and biological situation of any of the living being.
jerlands

Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:38 pm
@MarieBazemore,
MarieBazemore wrote:

Health is the physical, mental and biological situation of any of the living being.

Well.. health actually implies wholeness, being well and free of disease. Not all living things are in that state. Human health is complicated because it seems to be a balance of things like mind, body, spirit and social components. Social influences have a real impact on our health today and that can be negative or positive... seems to depend on our circles.
0 Replies

RMorris326

Thu 7 Oct, 2021 04:51 am
@jerlands,
Health - is the ability of the body to keep disease from manifesting itself. The White blood cell along with the T cells is quite a story of redemption actively working in your body. God designed you with mercy built in or the first exposure to disease or the first fall as a child would be fatal. God is redeeming men and women who will let Him - but sadly most people will not have His influence and power in their lives - cause they think they know better than their designer / creator.
0 Replies

markneesham1

Sat 13 Nov, 2021 08:52 am
@jerlands,
if you feel well that's means you are fit medically.. Basically Health is a physical concept to give power to your body to do some work.
0 Replies