Dys and Diane are almost here ( now with pictures )

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:06 pm
shewolfnewmom. hehe.. that is great! :-)

Ohhh yes Soz, it is very strange.
I tell Mr Wolf that i will have to take him on a talk show and give him a DNA test because that baby looks nothing like me and i think he was cheating on me!!Shocked HAHAH!!!
She is very... umm.... white? >snicker<
I am cherokee & black, Mr wolf is irish /german.
That child looks NOTHING like me. Except she has my nose. And even that is questionable.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:08 pm
Well, you're both gorgeous.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:25 pm
Oh my lord, those are fantastic pictures!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 01:07 pm
YAY!! Shewolfnm finally posted a picture of herself. She is one gorgeous woman and, as Soz said, the loving, good mommy vibes are continuous.

She and I both agree that we die a thousand deaths whenever we see our pictures. Glad you finally gave in Ms. Wolf.

As you all can see, Dys has turned to a puddle of mush. He is already talking about what to get Jillian for her birthday. It is soooooo much fun being step-grandparents!
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 01:36 pm
WOW! Thanks for posting the great pictures.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 02:10 pm
I know what you mean, soz & shewolf. My hubby has dark brown hair & eyes and a dark complexion. My son has his father's coloring.

Our best friends have children that look like me...blonde, blue-eyed and fair-skinned. But she and her husband both have brown eyes & dark brown hair. When we all go out together, people in public are always assuming the wrong kids go with each couple. It's very funny.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:46 am
Wonderful words & spectacular photographs, shewolf! I've been smiling my way right through this thread, having just found it again. Bean is indeed, beautiful. She reminds me so much of a drawing Picasso did of his daughter ... Paloma, I think. The eyes, the expressions. Spitting image!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:50 am
Diane & Dys

You are going to be able have one fantastic slides show evening from all these great travel shots! Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 07:36 am
Shewolf - You are gorgeous! I better hide this thread from Bear...

And Dianes beautiful green eyes. I've never seen that color!

As far as looking like parents, supposedly the first child always looks like Dad and the second looks like Mom. So, don't be too hard on Mr. Wolf.

Dys is adorable holding Jillian. Who'd of thunk him to be such a softy?

Thanks for sharing your time with us. I promise to do the same If I ever get them to NC. (Hint)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:13 am
I agree with everyone who says that those are some gorgeous A2Kers (plus baby, of course).

squinney, what you say must be true. My son looks like his dad, my daughter, however, looks like she belongs in another family. But closer to me than to him. I guess we'll keep her.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:23 am
Embarrassed
thanks for the wrods everyone. Now,. im all embarassed
Aww..shucks.. HAHA!
I have had my tubes tied ( I have a hard time carrying babies to term ) so we shall never see a baby that looks like me >sigh< maybe that is a good thing? She might be a little devil to control ! Laughing

So.. when is everyone going to plan a trip to Austin?
Squinney?
Freeduck?
MsOlga?
Kristie?
come on yall.. aint nothing but steers and queers here in texas and I done got my horns in da closet!!! Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:26 am
I'd love to have a visit. Hubby and I have talked extensively about buying a camper and driving across the country and back again in a big circle. We probably won't do it for a while but it has always been a dream of ours. The kids will soon be old enough to enjoy it.

I've always had preconceived notions about Texas. It sure would be nice to go have a look for myself.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:30 am
Mr wolf and I have the same dream. We are SOOO jealous of dys and diane, C.I , Pdiddy and anyone else who can afford to travel freely. GRR!

So.. tell me about your ideas of texas?
Horses and cattle ranches everywhere?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
Mostly big bigoted red-necks. But then, that's my preconceived notion of the entire south, with the exception of my family members, of course.

But I know that is probably not what Texas is really like. I've actually heard that Austin is part of the US. (just kidding)

If I could just save a month of paid vacation and a few thousand dollars, we could do it for a month or so. But I'm thinking we'll need more time than that.

Where do you and Mr. Wolf want to go in your camper?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:29 am
Austin in the US? You mean, i am a citizen? god dam.n it. HAH!
I remember when I lived in New Mexico and would travel,there were people who thought I wasnt an american citizen and would actually ARGUE with me that new mexico wasnt part of the US. I had one woman who was in her 70's I think, tell me that she thought it was funny that I believed I was from the us. She said that she wondered what it was like living in another country yet having so many american things around that you would believe you were in america. she went on to say that it is probally confusing and she felt sorry for the kids growing up in a place where there was no obvious defination of one country and another. Shocked
This was ... maybe 10 years ago?! At the most?

Austin is actually pretty neat. You do see ALOT of big boots, red necks, and dirty grimey Dukes of hazard type trucks around. That I cant deny. BUT.. there is a lot of diversity in this city as well. Example.. Right next door to a loud redneck country bar is an authentic african restaurant.. ?? strange. well.. to me it is. but really cool!
Mostly, the more I look around the more I think it is a college town that has burst its seems. (seams? ) agh. I cant spell. anyway
The city is all about UT. To the point where people actually have bumper stickers on thier cars that say " I bleed orange" ( uts colors Orange and white) You will see the most beautiful, grand homes, with orange doors. hehe.
The music scene here is WILD! On any given day you can have something like 30 diffrent LIVE bands playing anywhere. There are places around townt hat you can drive through that are sort of the ' unspoken artsy ' areas. Basically.. people get a torch, some metal and make thier own sculptures and display them either as a fence, a house, or just a statue. Strange.. but some of them are reallllly cool!

If we had an RV I would like to go back to northern california. I was there when i was 16....17? I had taken a ride on a train up the coast from L.A to San Fran at night. WOW! Amazing. Beautiful! I could hear the otters? .. no.. not otters. hehe. Sea Lions? Walrus? ug, I dont remember what they are called now ( coffee hasnt kicked in yet.. ) But you could hear them hollering all night. You could hear the boats and see city lights and the lights of the ferrys and docks. I loved it. I loved all of northern california for that matter. Mr wolf wants to go there as well. He also wants me to go to NY. Since I refuse to fly, if we had an RV that would be a destination as well.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:44 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Austin in the US? You mean, i am a citizen? god dam.n it. HAH!
I remember when I lived in New Mexico and would travel,there were people who thought I wasnt an american citizen and would actually ARGUE with me that new mexico wasnt part of the US. I had one woman who was in her 70's I think, tell me that she thought it was funny that I believed I was from the us. She said that she wondered what it was like living in another country yet having so many american things around that you would believe you were in america. she went on to say that it is probally confusing and she felt sorry for the kids growing up in a place where there was no obvious defination of one country and another. Shocked
This was ... maybe 10 years ago?! At the most?

Ack! It's funny and sad at the same time.

Quote:

Austin is actually pretty neat. You do see ALOT of big boots, red necks, and dirty grimey Dukes of hazard type trucks around. That I cant deny. BUT.. there is a lot of diversity in this city as well. Example.. Right next door to a loud redneck country bar is an authentic african restaurant.. ?? strange. well.. to me it is. but really cool!

I love that, and that's what I've heard about Austin.

Quote:

If we had an RV I would like to go back to northern california. I was there when i was 16....17? I had taken a ride on a train up the coast from L.A to San Fran at night. WOW! Amazing. Beautiful! I could hear the otters? .. no.. not otters. hehe. Sea Lions? Walrus? ug, I dont remember what they are called now ( coffee hasnt kicked in yet.. ) But you could hear them hollering all night. You could hear the boats and see city lights and the lights of the ferrys and docks. I loved it. I loved all of northern california for that matter. Mr wolf wants to go there as well. He also wants me to go to NY. Since I refuse to fly, if we had an RV that would be a destination as well.

We want to go to California too. My sister is living in San Fran but I've never been to visit her. I've been to Mexico, but not to California. Weird. I don't think I've ever been west of the Mississippi which means I've hardly seen any of this country. I thought it would be so much fun to do when the kids get older and they can see all of the places that will talked about in their history books.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:56 pm
Hey wouldn't Bean look cute in one of these?

http://prodtn.cafepress.com/6/7566556_F_tn.jpg
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
(Of course, Bean would look cute in anything!)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 02:58 pm
Squinney, we would love to see you and bear. On one of our next trips, we plan to drive up (or down) the coast. We have friends in Virginia and North Carolina as well as Florida.

You were absolutely right about Bob (Dys). The tender look on his face is so beautiful that it almost made me cry. I'm gonna catch him early in my next life so we can have kids of our own.

If ANY of you are out this way, please give us a call. Just PM me or Bob for our phone number and address.

BTW, Shewolfnm is right about the confusion about New Mexico. When we jokingly tell people they don't need a visa to get into the state they get this look on their face like---"Are they serious?"

Roberta, a native New Yorker, turned the joke around and asked, "Is that west of the Hudson River?" Naturally, New Yorkers think the middle of the country is one big, empty space.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:00 pm
Mac yes! That is the perfect outfit for little bean. She would look adorable.
0 Replies