Dreaming about other men

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:39 am
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. But boy, that guy in my dream sure was a good kisser! Maybe I'll just enjoy the fantasy a little while longer.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:47 am
That's what fantasies are for Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
Yes, I have often. Usually it is some one I do not know, just some made up hunk. Once it was a guy from work, not even some one who I would be attracted to, and once it was a man from A2K. I have also frequently dreamt of my ex-boyfriend. It is really strange in that sometimes I am married to him and some times he is actually the father of my children. The other strange thing is that when he has been the father of my children, he wants nothing to do with them and rarely if ever has seen them.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:36 pm
For me it is almost always someone I know. What I find so interesting is that before the dream, I have no attraction or interest in him at all, but after the dream, I develop a crush. Dreams can be so powerful. What's up with that?

Twice it was someone I worked with, once it was my next door neighbor, this time it was someone from A2K -- but obviously only my illusion of him since I've never seen him. Or possibly it was a combination of a co-worker and that person from A2K (looks like co-worker, personality of A2K member). Imaginary all the same, but very very distracting.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
Subconsciously you were already attracted to them before the dreams.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
It was me .... wasn't it?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:46 pm
Toby keith wrote a song about this that I can relate to:

She left a yellow rose and a long neck bottle
On a table beside my bed
With a short little note that said I had a good time
It was written in lipstick red
She didn't sign her name I wonder
Is that a little secret that she keeps?
Ooo... she's walkin' around in my sleep

Dream walkin', pillow talkin'
She's callin' my name again
Day's breakin' I ain't wakin' up, I'm sleepin' in
I'm on a roll now, I gotta know how this dream ends
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:46 pm
Cinnesthesia wrote:
Subconsciously you were already attracted to them before the dreams.

Could be.

I know that in one of the co-worker instances I liked him very much personally before The Dream. When I thought about it later I figured that the crush was just that I was conditioned to manifest affection toward the opposite sex as a physical attraction. That could be what this is about too. Or I could be completely full of ****.

<edited for clarity, quickly, before Tico sees it>
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:49 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Laughing Not this time, Tico.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:50 pm
Yeah, I've wondered about that too, the conditioning thing.

I don't mind having dreams about people I'm not in contact with -- I hate it when it happens with people I'm in contact with, though. I get flashbacks, get flustered, blush. Ugh.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:52 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Laughing Not this time, Tico.

Damn. Until you added the quote from Cinnesthesia, I thought there was a chance. Crying or Very sad

FreeDuck wrote:
Could be.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:53 pm
sozobe wrote:

I don't mind having dreams about people I'm not in contact with -- I hate it when it happens with people I'm in contact with, though. I get flashbacks, get flustered, blush. Ugh.

Yes! Like a godforsaken school girl!

<edited for clarity, dammit, I need to start using that quote button>
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:56 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
sozobe wrote:

Yes! Like a godforsaken school girl!

<edited for clarity, dammit, I need to start using that quote button>

I thought you were calling me a school girl. Thanks for adding the quote and clearing that up. <wipes brow>
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:57 pm
Oh god. This conversation is killing me.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:02 pm
Well ... feel free to dream about me tonight. http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/crudesmoke.gif
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:04 pm
You never know, Tico.

I had another thought about why I tend to dream about coworkers. My husband and I are in very different fields of work. Because of that, there are parts of my personality that he never sees or would have no interest in. Like all humans, I like to share myself (that would be my personality, BPB) with others. Could it be that?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:26 pm
Sure.

Another theory -- so many theories about what dreams really are -- is that what we think of as a "dream" is the narrative that your brain overlays on random synapse firings. So say that you are aroused for whatever reason, and a "coworker!" syapse fires, those two things are brought together at the unconscious level by the order-seeking, narrative-loving brain. Rather than a random, arbitrary combination, it becomes clinch with coworker.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:39 pm
sozobe wrote:
...those two things are brought together at the unconscious level

Like synesthesia.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:54 pm
Definitely a possibility, and a very interesting one.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 02:13 pm
HI THERE!

I have nothing whatever to say about this,
but maybe I can sneak onto someone's synapse.

"But in your dreams, whatever they be..."
0 Replies