Dreaming about other men

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:50 am
This happens to me sometimes. Often it is someone I know and I develop a crush on them based on the dream. It usually passes after a while, but it's very distracting. Does anyone else dream about other men/women (besides their spouses, I mean)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,068 • Replies: 99
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:56 am
Everyone, I would imagine. You can't control what you dream about. It's harmless. Provided you don't go out and act on any feeling you developed from a dream.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:59 am
Yep. I know what you mean about distracting, though.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:14 am
Realizing that it's harmless, the distraction can be pleasant.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:15 am
But distracting.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:25 am
it can be pleasant.. it can be distracting... it can be many things as the meaning of a sexual dream can be manythings as well. But they are just that.. dreams. Though good ones.. ;-) are always enjoyed. hehe
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:26 am
What helps me is realizing that it is just a school yard crush. The feeling you have for that person are nothing compared to the love you have for your spouse.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:37 am
My dreams are so enthralling that sometimes I wish I could stay in that world.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:38 am
Everytime I dream about another woman squinney is in there too. So I guess it's okay Twisted Evil
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:52 am
Your unfailing devotion is an inspiration to us all, BiP.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:54 am
Girls, all of you dreaming about me is depriving me of my sleep.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:54 am
George wrote:

Not to me. I like to keep my dream life separate from my awake life.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:56 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
What helps me is realizing that it is just a school yard crush. The feeling you have for that person are nothing compared to the love you have for your spouse.

aw, jpin....you are such a romantic! Very Happy
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:03 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

I'm afraid that's probably what I like about it. Crushes are nice. Once, at a previous company, I dreamed about my boss and developed an unnatural crush on him. Of course, I never acted on it, but there is something to that tingly feeling of having a crush on someone you don't know all that well. The anticipation of a first kiss,... you know what I mean right? Maybe it's the 7 year itch, only for me it happens about once every 18 months.

Last night I dreamed about two men. One was the crush, someone I don't really know but wow, in my dream he was a really good kisser with nice soft lips. The other was my current manager (whom I pretty much despise). In my dream we were married and I was calculating how much I would let him keep in order to divorce him swiftly. I gave him the house and all the belongings and took only my car. Luckily also, in my dream I still had kids but they weren't his, thank God.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:05 am
panzade wrote:
Girls, all of you dreaming about me is depriving me of my sleep.

Actually panzade, I have you in mind for my sister. Let me know if your current relationship meets its end... :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
Will that heal me, BPB?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
George wrote:

you may touch the hem of my robe.....freeduck your faith has healed you....
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:11 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
George wrote:

you may touch the hem of my robe.....freeduck your faith has healed you....

Careful FD, you don't know where that thing's been!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:18 am
My faith or his robe? I guess I don't know where either one of them has been. Laughing
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:36 am
FreeDuck wrote:
I'm afraid that's probably what I like about it. Crushes are nice. Once, at a previous company, I dreamed about my boss and developed an unnatural crush on him. Of course, I never acted on it, but there is something to that tingly feeling of having a crush on someone you don't know all that well. The anticipation of a first kiss,... you know what I mean right? Maybe it's the 7 year itch, only for me it happens about once every 18 months.

Yeah... I hd a crush on a co-worker awhile back and it was the fun, flirty, newness of it all. I think it is the excitment that we miss. Not knowing what is going to happen next. I never acted on it and would never think of doing so but it was fun and exciting so I didn't exactly do anything to stop it either. But it bothered me to know that the thought at least crossed my mind.

Then a few weeks later I had a real nice weekend with my wife. Nothing special just renting a movie, laying on the couch, good conversation over dinner, that sort of stuff. It was kind of like somebody turned on a light switch in my head. I suddenly realized that the only thing I liked about the crush was the feelings that it gave me. The excitment, the feeling of being wanted.

But I already had all of that and more with my wife. The bond we have created between each other is stronger than any other bond I have ever created. Although I lived many years without her, I seriously doubt my ability to survive with out her now. I thought about throwing that away over a silly little crush and suddenly that silly little crush was just that: silly.
0 Replies