Pedophiles?

Thetes

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:53 am
I'm just curious. When you guys hear the word "pedophile", what do you think? Don't worry about the dictionary terms or anything, but what do <i><b>you</b></i> think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 18,631 • Replies: 160
Topic Closed

farmerman

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:55 am
somebody with a foot fetish
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:00 am
Razz
0 Replies

Thetes

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:04 am
Come on guys, I'm being a little bit serious here. When you hear the word "pedophile", what immediatley comes to mind? I'm honestly wondering...
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:07 am
Well, it's rather a strange question. Confused When I hear the word pedophile I think of pedophilia. I reckon that's fair enough.
0 Replies

Thetes

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:18 am
Hmm... Ok, then lets maybe rephrase the question a bit. When you hear someone is a pedophile, what image / thoughts cross your mind about that person?
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:21 am
I'd be wondering if the person passing on the message had got their facts straight. Not a term to throw around lightly ...
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:25 am
somebody who needs killin
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:26 am
Razz
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:27 am
The Sherriff's office called last week. Not a real voice but a recording. They said they were alerting us to the fact that a convicted sex-offender(pedophile) had moved into our neighborhood.
We had the appropriate discussion with the 12 year old and he informed us that the police had personally visited his classmate to warn her and her parents that the SO had moved in next door.
Thetes, if you want a discussion, I suggest you reveal your agenda.
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:35 am
That's an excellent idea, panzade.
0 Replies

Thetes

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:41 am
panzade wrote:
Thetes, if you want a discussion, I suggest you reveal your agenda.

I'm working on it. Wink

Still, none of you have really answered my question yet. The closest I have is "somebody who needs killin". I want to know, what/who do you guys think a pedophile is? Don't worry about the technical, or dictionary meaning. I want to know what you think it is.
0 Replies

msolga

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:44 am
Well, if you asked a proper question you'd most likely get some serious responses.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:47 am
a pedophile is a person who enjoys sexual acts with children. They are male, female, young, old, black, white, hispanic, asian, have curley hair, straight hair, dark hair, light hair .... <<sigh>> Rolling Eyes It could be anyone!

the question you asked is silly. The definition is a person who enjoys sexual acts with children. There is no one set "thing" that defines who a pedophile is.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:57 am
Yeah Thetes - that type topic needs a little introduction, or it feels a little squeamish...
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:57 am
Im sorry about my response. Im usually more adept at capturing the verbal keys of a short "agendaized question", and I admit that it just flew over my head here so my response is hereby modified into.
"Somebody who badly needs killin", I wanna be fair, just dont move into my neighborhood, because, althhoughh we have lots of aMish kids around here there are none to spare to gratify the urges of a deviant.

SO's should be handled like other serial criminals. Weve had cases of a number of pedopiles wo, after serving time, came out only to repeat their crimes, many times witth tragic ends.
0 Replies

Thetes

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:59 am
Kristie wrote:
the question you asked is silly. The definition is a person who enjoys sexual acts with children. There is no one set "thing" that defines who a pedophile is.

Errr... I must be phrasing my questions wrong here. I'm not worried about what the definition of a pedophile is. I'm wondering what your own personal opinion on pedophiles are? When you hear the word "pedophile", what's the first thing that comes to mind?

Like I said, don't worry about the dictionary terms. I want to know what YOU think when you hear someone is a pedophile.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:02 am
sick, twisted person who needs help and psychiatric evaluation.

and a lover named Bubba.
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:03 am
I'll put it as delicately as I can. I don't envision or imagine people who have a certain disease...in other words, I don't have an image of a cancer victim and I feel pedophiles are victims of a terrible and sometimes incurable disease.
Before we demonize pedophiles, let's remember that sexual abuse by parents on children is also a terrible problem.
My hope is that research will someday help us to contain the tragedy that accompanies pedophilia.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:05 am
Having a disease does not entitle one to molest innocent kids.

You have the ability as a human to control your actions.

Pedophiles don't. They should be locked up.
0 Replies