Pedophiles?

jpinMilwaukee

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:35 am
I think it, you say it Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:42 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
It is interesting how: Soooo many of the staunchest opponents of the death penalty get a little fuzzy on it when confronted with this subject... yet the statutes and sentencing standards reflect no parallel to capital offenses whatsoever.

If a staunch opponent of capital punishment favors executing pederasts, then that person is a hypocrite. Hypocrisy, however, is a commonplace in our society. Why, then, is that interesting?
0 Replies

Zane

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:35 pm
Thetes wrote:
I'm just curious. When you guys hear the word "pedophile", what do you think? Don't worry about the dictionary terms or anything, but what do <i><b>you</b></i> think?

When I hear the word "pedophile" I think of Michael Jackson.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:40 pm
I could never be a pedophile...I can't even sort my laundry....much less get bloodstains out of a clown suit....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:04 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I could never be a pedophile...I can't even sort my laundry....much less get bloodstains out of a clown suit....

http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/geschockt/erstaunt01.gif
0 Replies

chris56789

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:35 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

agrote

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:45 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Oh, how I love the sheer political incorrectness!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:49 pm
At what age do you believe a child should be defined as an adult, in terms of being suitable for sexual intercourse?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:52 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
It is interesting how: Soooo many of the staunchest opponents of the death penalty get a little fuzzy on it when confronted with this subject... yet the statutes and sentencing standards reflect no parallel to capital offenses whatsoever.

If a staunch opponent of capital punishment favors executing pederasts, then that person is a hypocrite. Hypocrisy, however, is a commonplace in our society. Why, then, is that interesting?
To me, exposing hypocrisy is an interesting pastime on a sliding scale, Joe. We're all guilty of it occasionally. Some of the hyper-partisan fools around here contradict themselves so often it's too boring to bother pointing it out. But if an inordinately consistent and stubborn person like you, for instance, were to jump the tracks that would be most interesting indeed. I had no illusions about it happening here (with you)... but there's plenty of room yet for possible interesting surprises. When I'm caught between two hypocritical positions, I usually learn of an error I've made, or a flaw in my otherwise consistent self. To me, that's interesting. You don't agree?
0 Replies

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
There's no hypocrisy here in Ireland when it comes to paedophilia being exposed: if the law authorities don't get to them first then the locals sort them out - permanently.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:30 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
To me, exposing hypocrisy is an interesting pastime on a sliding scale, Joe. We're all guilty of it occasionally. Some of the hyper-partisan fools around here contradict themselves so often it's too boring to bother pointing it out. But if an inordinately consistent and stubborn person like you, for instance, were to jump the tracks that would be most interesting indeed. I had no illusions about it happening here (with you)... but there's plenty of room yet for possible interesting surprises.

True. Ordinary, run-of-the-mill hypocrisy is so common as to escape most notice. Of course, if someone like me were to be caught in a hypocritical position, I assure you that there would be a great disturbance in the Force. The monuments of a thousand years would shatter, empires crumble, continents shift, planets spin out of their orbits, and entire civilizations would wither, dwindle, and perish.

So that would certainly merit some comment.

OCCOM BILL wrote:
When I'm caught between two hypocritical positions, I usually learn of an error I've made, or a flaw in my otherwise consistent self. To me, that's interesting. You don't agree?

When it happens to you? No, that's not very interesting at all.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:35 pm
Bibliophile the BibleGuru wrote:
There's no hypocrisy here in Ireland when it comes to paedophilia being exposed: if the law authorities don't get to them first then the locals sort them out - permanently.

Mob justice has so few defenders left, Bib. It's heartening to see someone in this day and age who is not too ashamed to stand up for this much-maligned institution.
0 Replies

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:38 pm
You're welcome, Joe. By the way, why did you change your avatar?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:44 pm
You're welcome, Joe. By the way, why did you change your avatar?

I was seized with a sudden case of whimsy.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:52 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:00 pm
Mind you, Joe, your new avatar looks like the son of the previous one.
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 04:36 pm

Hmmm - so Ireland is somehow different from the rest of the world - where a child's nearest and dearest tend to present the most risk to them of sexual abuse?

Do you similarly murder the daddies and granddads and uncles (and the odd mummy or auntie etc) and priests and such, or is this reserved for paedophiles?
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 04:56 pm
Or - were you thinking of castration - another serious crime - and believing that to be a "permanentsolution"?

Here's news if you were - it is not necessarily so.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:11 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
I feel this way with almost any violent crime. Rapists, murderers, child/spousal abusers, violent robbers, etc. We spend to much time worrying about criminals rights and forgeting about everybody elses. Time after time these people prove that reform isn't working by commiting the same act as soon as they are released from jail. Every repeat crime is a failure of our judicial system and a slap in the face to the innocent victims of these crimes.

In most cases it's not a matter of "worrying about criminals rights" as it is acknowledging that matters are not as simple as the reductionism and mob justice that many propose.
0 Replies

binnyboy

Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:45 am
CalamityJane wrote:
You should count your blessings
and be lucky that you don't carry the scars
of child molestation with you. These children
will have their whole life psychological damage from it.

I am happy I wasn't molested as a child. I didn't say I wish I had been molested. I said I wish I had had an opportunity to have sexual relations with a beautiful female. Molestation is not something I go around looking for.

OCCOM BILL wrote:

What difference does it make if a child wants sex or not? Children may want many things that adults should be killed for giving them.

Maybe it's not the child's want (alone) that would have justified it in my case. Maybe, just maybe it's the fact that I wish it upon my childhood self from my current position of adulthood.

Craven de Kere wrote:
binnyboy wrote:
It would have justified sexual advances toward me.

Bull. You wanting something does not necessarily justify it.

Quote:
And that's a fact.

No, it is not. It's not even a subject about which you could declare fact. All you have established is that you had an inordinate libido as a child and that you think sating it justifies pedophilic sex.

Quote:
It would have been much appreciated.

As a kid I would have really appreciated my own gun, or better yet a nuke.

That does not mean an adult would have been justified in providing it to me.

So what exactly would justify it? This is something between my former self, my current approval as an adult, and a beautiful woman. Just how do you propose to know better than me what is and is not justified to me? I can assure you that there would have been no damages. And if there had been, I would prefer the pleasure along with the damages even from my current perspective. Some day you may grow up and realize that not everybody has such a negative view of sex as you.
0 Replies