Married Folk: How Often Do You Have Sex?

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 09:55 am
How often do you have sex? And how long have you been married? Just wondering how "normal" my huband and I are. So.......

How many times a week do you get it on? Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,504 • Replies: 57
No top replies

George

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 09:59 am
sex?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:05 am
Sex? Somewhere, in the mists of time, I seem to have a vague memory of that word! :wink:
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:06 am
If it turns out I can get more sex being married than being single then Id like to propose to anyone reading?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
A sex therapist once told me that in a relationship there IS no 'normal'....... because:

if you and your husband ( not speaking of YOU personally) have awesome sex once a month and that is hwat is great for you two, you are both satisfied then that is your ' household norm'. Just because someone elses marriage has lost of sex doesnt mean it is satisfying sex, it also doesnt mean it ISNT..it is just thier household norm.
What makes sex normal for 2 people is the equality of satisfaction. If that is unbalanced then you have no good sexlife.

Good sex is 1% of a relationship
Bad sex is 99%
( so says me )
Think about that. If you are satisfied in your sex life, then it isnt an issue if you dont have it all the time, or for anyother reason.
If the sex is bad it effects EVERY aspect of the relationship.
(( Aint I smart! I thought of that all by my little self))Laughing
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:08 am
Oh yeah, how long married? 25 years.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:17 am
I'm just curious to see how time changes sex in a marriage. This is more like a social study. Yeah. A social study.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:26 am
Laughing

well, when hubby and i first met we were at it like rabbits,, coming home for lunch too

now.. well.. rabbits dont exist for old people. Laughing
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:35 am
Time is only one factor, but I'd guess that in general frequency
decreases over time.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:37 am
Mom Nature made it that way. The desire for sex is highest at a time when people are making families. Of course, there are vast differences in desire amongst individual couples, at any age. But in general, the desire for sex wanes as one gets older.

There is nothing like creaky bones and coronaries to put a damper on one's desire for sex! Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:40 am
I think it does get better even as it diminishes...I have much better sex now that I am in my forties than I did during my twenties/thirties.

Quality not quantity :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:48 am
When I clicked to reply on this post, the number of views was 69...hehehe....sorry.....had to.

Anyway, maybe I should have been more specific in my question. Like, married women, how often do you want sex and how long have you been married?
0 Replies

cajunbaby1219

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:54 am
married for 18 years..so it is only when forced into it..and grizzly bear hormones dont allow for much tender loving care..hahaha..according to dr.phil..so i figure about 2 or 3 times a month..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
LOVE your signature cajunbaby!!!!!!
0 Replies

cajunbaby1219

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:58 am
Kristie wrote:
LOVE your signature cajunbaby!!!!!!
Very Happy thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

cajunbaby1219

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
i do think the desire for sex, or the need for some, diminishes faster in women than men. I wonder why that is. Working in a nursing home years ago one of my patients was 103(male), and he always was asking for some, or a pat or pinch. Whatever he could get. Asking him do you think about it all the time, and his reply was when i am awake. hahaha
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:03 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

There is nothing like creaky bones and coronaries .........

oooo you paint a sexy image! Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:05 am
cajunbaby1219 wrote:
Working in a nursing home years ago one of my patients was 103(male), and he always was asking for some, or a pat or pinch. Whatever he could get. Asking him do you think about it all the time, and his reply was when i am awake. hahaha

oooo, you DO NOT paint a sexy image.... Laughing
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:07 am
When I was married, even after 10 years, we averaged around once or twice a week.

But our schedules conflicted, he worked in the day, and me in the evenings, both, M-F.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:16 am
Lived with partner for eight years (both in our forties) we have sex on average 2 - 3 times a week. Have bigger 'sessions' at the weekends (usually Sat mornings) and mainly 'quickies' in the week. :wink:
0 Replies