Evolution of the Brain?

jerlands

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 05:39 pm
@Olivier5,
Egypt was essentially monotheistic but it recognized natural events that led to manifestation and so on down the line.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 02:26 am
@jerlands,
That's not true. Rather, Egypt was essentially polytheist, to the exception of a brief episode of monotheism imposed by a ruler (Akenaton) who didn't last very long.

Even ancient Judaism, which was derived from an Egyptian context and strongly influenced by Egyptian religion(s), was originally polytheist.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 02:39 am
@jerlands,
I'm not writing a thesis. Ma'at speaks to the universal human aspiration to justice, honesty and fairness.

It's a key social building block, or rather, justice is the cement of societies, what ties people together in a relation of (some) trust. The Egyptian kingdoms were very keen on it for good reasons: they were trying to develop a stable state, and this requires justice.
jerlands

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 12:02 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

That's not true. Rather, Egypt was essentially polytheist, to the exception of a brief episode of monotheism imposed by a ruler (Akenaton) who didn't last very long.

You believe Egypt is understood as you believe the Genome is understood.

Olivier5 wrote:

Even ancient Judaism, which was derived from an Egyptian context and strongly influenced by Egyptian religion(s), was originally polytheist.

The migration of man, out of egypt we hear the words... go forth and populate the earth and the law was condensed and made transportable.

How did all this come about? Was it as we interpret things or is there some other explanation.

What does understanding require? Really?
We don't live in a flat world and as far as I can tell nothing is yet fixed so why should we yet give anything permanence.
This is this and that is that? Really?
What does it take to inquire about things? What is imagination? What is all this nonsense?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 12:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Here's a video that as an individual with scientific perspective you might enjoy.

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 12:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Further exploration into the 4th phase of water

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 12:36 pm
@Olivier5,
This video on "water memory" I find very interesting.

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 01:09 pm
@Olivier5,
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/jerlands/eye-of-horus.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 04:57 pm
jerlands

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2018 05:06 pm
@edgarblythe,

0 Replies