Evolution of the Brain?

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 12:27 am
@jerlands,
Youre losing touch with reality now. I think you are skating all over the place and arent able to make any cogent arguments or even raise good questions that a reasonable person would like to discuss. If you dont mind Im just gonna take my leave and let you keep skating.

jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 12:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Youre losing touch with reality now.

I don't know.. I think a degree of consciousness needs to be applied when dealing with life. Mengele and careless abandon, Monsanto and the poison it's putting out, the pharmaceutical industry etc., etc., etc., just something lacking when science is all there is.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 01:03 am
@farmerman,
I really don't think you're aware of the huge negative impact glyphosate is having on the environment.
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 01:24 am
@jerlands,
IM a farmer-- did you catch my avatar?? Ive been writing for years abut Roundup and other Glyphosate labels and Glyphosate Dicamba Diuron mixes. Glyphosate resistant species is an example of how evolution occurs

jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 02:50 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

IM a farmer-- did you catch my avatar?? Ive been writing for years abut Roundup and other Glyphosate labels and Glyphosate Dicamba Diuron mixes. Glyphosate resistant species is an example of how evolution occurs

Oh, you think these glyphosate resistant species are a good thing? You're out of your mind!
jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:02 am
@farmerman,
Don't get me wrong. I love science and all it does to enhance our world; it's obvious however how badly it can go.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:04 am
@jerlands,
He didn't say it's a 'good' thing; he just said some plants evolved towards resistance to glyphosate. Try and pay attention to what people tell you, otherwise you're just wasting your time here.
jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:06 am
@Olivier5,
I understood his point. You didn't understand mine.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:09 am
@Olivier5,
You have no idea how harmful roundup is.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:11 am
@jerlands,
How could you you possibly know what my ideas are about glyphosate?
jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:15 am
@Olivier5,
Ok.. I'm guessing
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:21 am
@jerlands,
And guessing wrong.
jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:23 am
@Olivier5,
good on you.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:27 am
@Olivier5,
I just don't like the idea of man screwin' around with genes at this time, knowing how little we really know about them.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:37 am
@jerlands,
We know a lot about genes. But I agree with you that "science without conscience is but ruin for the soul". (Rabelais)
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:37 am
@jerlands,
We know a lot about genes. But I agree with you that "science without conscience is but ruin for the soul". (Rabelais)
jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:46 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

We know a lot about genes.

Do you think we know enough?
jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 03:56 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Shedding light on the 'dark matter' of the genome
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 04:10 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

He didn't say it's a 'good' thing; he just said some plants evolved towards resistance to glyphosate. Try and pay attention to what people tell you, otherwise you're just wasting your time here.

As for man playing around with evolution. I think we have some evolving to do ourselves before we begin impinging anything onto something else. 'course i guess that's what we're doing in some degree right here and now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2018 05:42 am
@jerlands,
Quote:
Oh, you think these glyphosate resistant species are a good thing? You're out of your mind!

You seem to be light in the comprehension department thats all I will say because its not worth my time to have you keep makin **** up.!!