Giant Tsunami will wipe out the entire East Coast of U.S.

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:28 am
Quote:
when is it predicted to happen so I can get the hell out of here?

That is the exciting thing about Mother Nature. No one really knows. At this point, it is simply a probability, It may happen during our lifetimes, and it may not. It'll keep us on our toes, though! :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yeah but living in the midwest is....well....the midwest....no offense meant....there is such a thing as quality of life....

The worst thing about living here is it has turned into a test market for companies. It is dominated by chain restaurants, chain stores, chain everything.... everything is just so... average.

everywhere...even in the little bedroom communities there's no personal style or flavor in small towns anymore...just Super Wal Marts..... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:31 am
Bi- What a horror. The worst part of this entire tragedy, is that we may all have to shop in Wal-Mart. Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:32 am
I've already put in an application to work as a greeter.....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:32 am
There was a reason we bought our co-op in Washington Heights. We live within 100 feet of the highest point on the island of Manhattan and we are on the top floor of our building, so I figure a nice pool side patio will make a nice addition to the fire escape.

Joe (hand me that number 30 sunscreen.) Nation
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:33 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Here is the best prediction that this is imminent....when it's announced that the White House is being moved to St. Louis you know the tsunami is right around the corner

The problem is, Bear, that this White House wouldn't be likely to announce anything, even if the entire Cabinet were heading up to a secret base on the Moon on a rocket out of Cape Kennedy. (Those extended "working" vacations at Crawford, TX are starting to look suspicious, though.)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:35 am
Ok I am confused, so has this stuff been on the news and I have missed it or what?? Should I pack up and get the hell out of here or will this be hapening in a few years????? AHhhhh , now you people are starting to make me nervous, I have a big fear of death and panic attacks, and if this is true, well I am going to go insane!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Crazylady; Boston will be the first big U.S. city to be washed out! You best be paying attention to the volcano as well!

Well if this is true, then this is the first I have heard of this, don't you think more people would know about it and be preparing for this event?? Also, if this is true, then when is it predicted to happen so I can get the hell out of here?
It's predicted to happen in the next 2,000 years, didn't you read the study (or what I wrote)? Nothing to fear until the Volcano wakes up. Then, you'll hear little else in the way of danger threats, I would think. In the mean time, just listen for the name "Cumbre Vieja". If you here that she's huffing and puffing, let that be your cue to take precautions. DON'T wait until they say she's collapsed if you know what's good for you!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
Joe Nation wrote:
There was a reason we bought our co-op in Washington Heights. We live within 100 feet of the highest point on the island of Manhattan and we are on the top floor of our building, so I figure a nice pool side patio will make a nice addition to the fire escape.

Joe (hand me that number 30 sunscreen.) Nation

Springtime in Manhattan...sitting on your rooftop patio...sipping a tropcal drink...watching as the bloated bodies of stockbrokers and transvestites float by....sounds like your own personal piece of heaven Joe.....
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:38 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
everywhere...even in the little bedroom communities there's no personal style or flavor in small towns anymore...just Super Wal Marts..... Crying or Very sad

There is hope... a town near Milwaukee just successfully blocked Wal-mart from building a supercenter. They quickly had the city counsel pass a building size restriction for the area and low and behold the new Walmart was just to big to build.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:42 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Crazylady; Boston will be the first big U.S. city to be washed out! You best be paying attention to the volcano as well!

Well if this is true, then this is the first I have heard of this, don't you think more people would know about it and be preparing for this event?? Also, if this is true, then when is it predicted to happen so I can get the hell out of here?
It's predicted to happen in the next 2,000 years, didn't you read the study (or what I wrote)? Nothing to fear until the Volcano wakes up. Then, you'll hear little else in the way of danger threats, I would think. In the mean time, just listen for the name "Cumbre Vieja". If you here that she's huffing and puffing, let that be your cue to take precautions. DON'T wait until they say she's collapsed if you know what's good for you!

Ok good, you scared me, I am a parinoid person....If you told me it was coming at all this year I probably would have up and left my job and mass!!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:43 am
Quote:

There is hope... a town near Milwaukee just successfully blocked Wal-mart from building a supercenter. They quickly had the city counsel pass a building size restriction for the area and low and behold the new Walmart was just to big to build.

The same thing just happened in chicago.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:47 am
Hey sublime, I liked your list in the Late Greats thread... good stuff.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:51 am
Cuppla years ago in Peterborough, NH (the model for Our Town in the old play of the same name) the populace was successful in petitioning the Zoning Board to deny McDonald's a license to open a store there. Dunno why they were so adamant against it. The rest of the burgh ain't nothing to write home about.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:56 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
Ok good, you scared me, I am a parinoid person....If you told me it was coming at all this year I probably would have up and left my job and mass!!
Well don't get your bong back out just yet... You do know that the plate shifting that caused the Indian Ocean Tsunami was as unpredictable as it was unprecedented in those parts, don't you? Shocked
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:01 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
Well don't get your bong back out just yet... You do know that the plate shifting that caused the Indian Ocean Tsunami was as unpredictable as it was unprecedented in those parts, don't you? Shocked
Yes, but this is something they are looking into, if I lived in where the recent tsunami just hit, I wouldn't be expecting it, therefore I would not have a rational amount of time to fear it and death, it would be in the present, not me looking at it as if it is the future
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:02 am
surprise tsunami or long bout with cancer? Who's to say which is worse? Death is inevitable......
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:13 am
Quote:
Hey sublime, I liked your list in the Late Greats thread... good stuff.

Those were the leftovers a lot of what I was thinking was already posted.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:48 am
20 miles inland!?! Is this the entire east coast? I am about 1 – 2 miles from the ocean and less than that (in Boston) during work. But at work I am on the eighth floor think that is high enough?

The funny thing is I thought about this and if I had to get some where pretty fast, I know a very high hill (they actually have skiing on it), that is only a few miles from my house. I have scoped exactly how I would drive to the top. I thought I was paranoid, but after what you wrote, I guess not.

Prior to the tsunami, I have had nightmares of huge tidal waves while I was on a beach at a tropical resort. The nightmares were quite terrifying and not even close to pictures of the actual event.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 12:12 pm
Maybe you should all just buy surfboards.
0 Replies