if you're being used/if he's intersted?

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
I'm going to try a little exercise -- dunno if it will be informative or not. I'm going to write something from his perspective, based on what you've said just in this thread.

class241's boyfriend never wrote:
I met this girl about 6 weeks ago and she seemed really into me -- we had sex pretty quickly, she seemed to really enjoy it, I don't think she was faking. I live a few hours away, but go see her most weekends. I've brought up having her come to see me a few times but that hasn't worked out yet, she doesn't really seem that interested.

I just can't figure her out. Sometimes she's really short with me and doesn't seem to like me at all, other times she's constantly calling me and texting me and asking me if I am really interested in her. I'm honest with her -- yes -- but she never seems to believe me. I'm really getting tired of constantly having to reassure her. She keeps asking me whether I'm seeing someone else -- I tell her no, and then a few days later she asks again.

I'm walking on eggshells with her all the time. If I don't call her back right away she gets all upset (even though she says she's not, it's totally obvious.) She waits for me to call and doesn't believe me when I say that all these long-distance calls are adding up. I told her a long time ago that once I got back here I wouldn't be able to call her as much, and I hoped she wouldn't be upset, and she was like "fine" at the time. But now if I call her twice a week she acts all offended.

Even when I tell her what I think she wants to hear -- like that I'll see her when I go home for my cousin's memorial service -- her reaction is weird/ confusing. She called me conceited. I thought she wanted to see me? Or, when I agree with something she says, she gets all defensive -- I was AGREEING with her! Like she said, "I guess we are just two different people" and I was like yeah, I guess, and then she rounded on me with "How?" I feel like there are traps and landmines everywhere.

Then after that she goes to some party and gets drunk and texts me about missing me. I wish I knew how she felt when she was sober -- it makes me worried that she only seems to let her guard down when she's drunk.

Oh and it wasn't just the text message -- then she called me at 3:15 in the morning. Geez, I have a roommate! Then texted me the next day apologizing. Then called a few hours after that asking me to call when I get a chance.

All of this after I already explained that I can't call her very much, mind you.

So the latest is that she seems to really want to get some sort of resolution about where our relationship is going, but I don't know WHAT she actually wants. Nothing I say seems to be what she wants to hear. We've known each other for barely a month and a half and haven't seen each other that much, she was like "are we f*ck buddies", I was like whoa! and just laughed and said "I've heard that term", and she got all defensive and I had to reassure her I don't think of it that way. She asked me AGAIN if I was dating/ hooking up with anyone else, I reassured her again that I wasn't. But that's not enough, she wanted to know well what if I met someone THIS weekend. Rolling Eyes Her insecurity is really dragging me down.

I like her, though, and am doing my best to convince her of that. We'll see how this weekend goes.
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
re
i'd like to think that's what he's thinking...but i'm 99% sure that its not....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:57 am
What do you mean, class?

That he doesn't like you?

He's put up with an awful lot so far -- not to say his patience won't still run out.
0 Replies

class241

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:08 am
re
do you think 'casually dating' means that he thinks there is no future for us?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 12:37 pm
Not at all!

It means you met 6 weeks ago. So while you get to know each other, you're casually dating. After a while, if you decide you really like each other, then you can start dating seriously, I guess. (I dunno, I was never in a relationship where these terms came into play.)

But, from what I do know, "casually dating" does not comment on the future at all -- it comments on the present.
0 Replies

saintabby

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:35 pm
why are you so hung up on this guy?

how many relationships have you had?

how old are you?
0 Replies