Dean to seek chairmanship of Democrats

McGentrix

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 01:54 pm
revel wrote:
Oh, please; using the uniter and divider line is also a stretch considering bush.

I thought we were discussing Dean, not Bush.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 01:55 pm
Wow...type that phrase JW quotes into google and see the riightwing world in all its carbon-copy glory.

And that is absolutely the correct attitude for Dean to have. Influential idealogues on the right have been referring to their mission as a 'war' for more than two decades. Punch "I hate liberals" or some suchinto google and watch the fireworks.

We, on the left, have been tardy in understanding the nature of these folks' notions and techniques.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:33 pm
You googled "Dean Scream"? LOL.

To be fair to Dean, he obviously said that "I hate Republicans" thing because he missed his tutorial session with Jim(let me teach you how to quote Bible verses)Wallis.

He's a loose cannon, but will definitely be entertaining.

Remember, he's the guy who came in third to the guy the Dems ran who lost because no one could figure out what he stood for, but then again, the guy who came in third lost because he was a loose cannon and now he's chief spokesman for a party that hasn't had an original idea in 40 years. Got it? LOL. Me neither.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 05:03 pm
I'm beginning to think he's a plant by the GOP.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 06:37 pm
Brand X wrote:
I'm beginning to think he's a plant by the GOP.

LOL

Well, that's what you get for thinking...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 07:29 pm
Now here's one Dean Scream Remix that will warm your heart ... its a good one. Might almost succeed in making you forget how the scream came across to many other folks.

We Have The Power (Stand Up for America) (Faulkner Remix)
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 07:33 pm
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/prc/2005/prc050211.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 07:56 pm
We need a strong two party system; each keeps the other more nearly honest. Democrats have been paniced by events since before Clinton was elected. Clinton's solution was to become a closet Republican (recall how Republicans got upset that he took their issues and made them his own). The solution now is quit reacting to Republicans and start acting as true Democrats. This does not mean return to Roosevelt's time. It's too late to put a bunch of broken eggs back in a basket. Time to formulate solutions of their own and stick with them, not slide every time Republicans start to do well in polls. We don't need another FDR, JFK or Truman. We need a man of the 21st Century to articulate these positions just as soon as the party figures out what they are. I look to Dean to help this happen. Who the next presidential candidate will or should be I will not guess. Carter and Clinton were barely heard of before they clinched the nomination. Same thing might happen again.

Dean will surprise the opposition before it's all over.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 08:05 pm
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/prc/2005/prc050210.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 08:13 pm
Those comics not only suck, but they are full of lies meant to distract from thinking.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 08:40 pm
They are funny with enough truth in them to be thought provoking.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 08:46 pm
Yes, that is their function, edgar. It's schooyard level discourse..."your brother is a big poopoo".

wonderful musical interlude, nimh.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 09:04 pm
Cheer up, Edgar. Only one-thousand, four hundred and forty-seven more days Smile

<That's thirty-four thousand, four hundred and forty-eight hours, but who's counting?>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:11 am
Definitely the kind of response that makes it seem like a good choice was made by the Democrats.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:26 am
Excellent choice. He has a way with words LOL.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/dean_hateyou.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:37 am
Thanks for making my point, JW.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:34 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Definitely the kind of response that makes it seem like a good choice was made by the Democrats.

What makes you think that when there are plenty of Dems who think he's the wrong choice?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:44 pm
Brand X, everyone's allowed an opinion.

I personally think that choosing a chairman who inspires strong reactions, pro and con, is a good thing, in fact a smart thing. Watching both major U.S. parties slide in the same ideological direction has been disturbing to some observers. Hopefully, this chairman will focus the Democrats attention on what's at issue. No more sliding. If they're going to continue to move to the right, I think they need to do it with knowledge and determination, and with the ability to communicate that movement to the voting public.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 05:06 pm
JW--- Hilarious cartoons. And so true.

We should start a pool. How long until his first gaffe--that he has to apologize for... ?

How long before he alienates an entire demographic?

How long before he's canned?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 05:31 pm
Lash wrote:
JW--- Hilarious cartoons. And so true.

We should start a pool. How long until his first gaffe--that he has to apologize for... ?

How long before he alienates an entire demographic?

How long before he's canned?

You mean he hasn't yet?
0 Replies