Body Language-Arms Folding

iclearwater

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 06:31 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
...listening is a creative skill. You have never heard what the other person is saying before, and you must interpret it. That takes creativity.

You're right. I am not good at hearing either. I figured out two things. Two persons told me somethings, but I just turned my deaf ear to their words, but those words just went to my subconscious mind directly.

I couldn't help wondering them time and again later, even years later, until I recently figured out why they told me those words, which sounded very strange, inconsistent, out of sudden.

For example, one person repeatedly told me something three times on different occasions, but I felt quite strange, and uncomfortable to ask further. It's very personal. Later out of my curiosity, that began to haunt on my mind. I regreted that I didn't ask him why he would say that to me, but I missed the best opportunity to ask that. Finally I figured it out myself.

By the way, could you respond to another thread of mine about NLP?
0 Replies

iclearwater

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 06:32 am
@centrox,
Thank you for your clarification. That's what I thought, but I was not sure.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 07:36 am
@iclearwater,
Quote:
What could you distinguish from a person's handwriting?
- Gender?
- Character?
- Eduacation background?
- Family background?
or anything else?
No. In handwriting you can see many traits, but not a persons history, culture, or gender. Although I could give you a long list of things you can tell about a person - it wouldn't make sense to you 'why' (and there is a why) you can tell those things until you start looking into it for yourself. Strangely, once explained, a lot of it is quite common sense.

Quote:
For example, If I write "i clear water" both in English and Chinese, hypothetically you are Chinese illiterate, would you possibly draw the same conclusion with analysis? Do the different languages matter for analysis?
Different writing styles affect the ability to analyse handwriting. For example, within English, printing is more difficult to analyse than cursive script / running writing. They are all able to be analysed, it's just that some scripts are more revealing than others. Even the pen used affects how much is revealed - ball point pens are more revealing than felt pens.

And even within handwriting analysis, experts say that you should look for patterns of similarities (because one miss-stroke does not indicate anything other than a miss-stroke)

I'm sure if you don't want to buy a book, there should be youtube videos etc on it.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 08:06 am
@centrox,
Handwriting that covers several lines of unmarked paper is what is recommended (it reveals more, and reveals patterns...things in short sentences can be one off accidents). It's also much more interesting if it talks about subjects that have emotional value to you (having said that, when I used to read a lot about it, I did have some people say 'I'm never giving you another piece of my handwriting ever again')....but I'll give it a shot (been several years since I last looked into it)

social aspects:
- you aren't particularly critical of others
- you are 'more in the moment' than the average person.
- you can be a little lazy
- you can have a light touch generally
- this one is iffy (not much of a sample) but it seems like you may need a bit more distance between you and others than the average person

- I would say that you are a more feeling/instinctive oriented person than a visual one (not that you don't visualise, but that your emotions/instincts/touch are the strongest ways you experience life (so if you're always saying 'that doesn't feel right' or 'I can't quite grasp that / get a hold of that' etc)

Goals
- your goals are higher than average
- you have a fair number of goals
- you put energy into your goals

Comunication
- you are generally warm in your communication style, but you sometimes talk in circles / doublespeak

Orderliness:
- your thoughts are quite orderly, but do vary
- you like shortcuts

You are both curious (the 'what') and dubious about handwriting analysis, (the increased pressure towards the end...but that could be a scanning issue too, hard to tell).

The letter I would have revealed a bit about you personally as well (because it has meaning relating to how you view yourself)

I'm sure some of it is wrong, it is quite a small sample, and I'm no expert Smile

I found it interesting because of the similarities to body language, and a few other reasons.
centrox

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 10:02 am
The style of your analysis reminds me strongly of horoscopes.

vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 04:40 pm
@centrox,
What I gave you wasn't:
- you should do x & y
- you're going to get lucky if you go looking for it
- people are going be be nasty
- your lucky numbers are...

What I gave you was traits about yourself. I did try to avoid providing true vagaries. You are pretending 'what I gave you' is widely interpretable, but:
- just about everything I gave you has a spectrum (see below), and
- I gave you enough samples to show whether or not, just from your handwriting, I got very close, I got it average (which would be meaningless), or I absolutely sucked and what went 'what the $@#@ is this person on about'.

Personally, I'd be curious to know what the result was.

------------------------
- goals have a spectrum from high to low (I put you on the higher end)
- few to lots of goals is a spectrum
- going after your goals (the energy you put into them) to not doing anything about them, is a spectrum

In just those alone, getting it somewhere close to right, what are the odds?

- how close you like associates to you I cannot possibly know. Some people enjoy closeness with (lets say work) associates, some go home and never talk to them. This personality trait can change when it comes to how close they like their family and true friends. To correctly 'guess' where, and if any difference exist (between closeness of associates vs family)...what would you say the odds are or getting that the correct 'closeness' right?

- people can be warm and supportive, or harsh and critical, that's a spectrum
- orderliness - people can be scatterbrained (and as a result their life is often chaotic). If their mind is orderly, normally their mind is orderly. This too is a spectrum.
- warmth in communication isn't always the case, and double speak isn't always the case (and no, not everyone engages in this on a regular basis...though it's much more common in the west)
- etc

As I said, I'd be curious to know whether I got close or not.

Surely sharing the height and breadth of your goals isn't an issue, nor how much you go after them. Closeness of your colleagues, and family may be and issue, I don't know. etc. Same for the rest. As it reads like a horoscope, it should be a good laugh to share the results, right?
vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 04:59 pm
@vikorr,
PS. if in my original post, I used 'you can be' etc...that is because no one is always 'that way' <eg supportive> and on this board that lack of qualification always causes issues. That may have been why it read more horoscope like to you.

So, take any trait I gave, as a general trait (without qualification), again because it's this board, by that I mean its stronger in you than the oppossite.

You can decide if that general trait I gave was right or wrong.
iclearwater

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 05:40 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
What can you tell from myhandwriting?

vikorr, when you interpreted the handwriting of centrox, did "myhandwriting" mean something to you?

I assume there requires more lines in order to get to get the bench line you previously mentioned. I would compare "myhandwriting" to other writing structure of centrox's in order to confirm whether or not it's inadvertent.

I guess it is also important to know the position of the line centrox wrote on a paper. For example, it is written on the top, or the central, or the end of the paper, etc.

I didn't read the relevant books, but this is my intuition. Of course, I'm mostly unable to read people via their handwriting.

In the real life, I realise the handwriting of each people is relevant to people's education, genders, cultural background, etc.

Some males' strokes are more powerful, while female's are less;
Less educated people's hardwritings look naive, sometimes like the wrting of a child.

In the movie named "My Fair Lady", there's a language expert who can tell the occupation, place the speaker originally comes from. Probably it is exaggerated, but I think the accent, wording of a person's reveals more or less about their personal info, occupation, place, even race, etc.

I realise there are many giveaways but I just ignore.

People watch, but a few people can see.
People listen, but a few people can hear.

It is true for the audience of magic performances, as well as our daily life.
centrox

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 05:43 pm
@vikorr,
social aspects:

- you aren't particularly critical of others
I am sometimes

What does this mean? Sounds "New Age".

So can everybody

- you can have a light touch generally
I hope so

- this one is iffy (not much of a sample) but it seems like you may need a bit more distance between you and others than the average person
Possibly true

- I would say that you are a more feeling/instinctive oriented person than a visual one (not that you don't visualise, but that your emotions/instincts/touch are the strongest ways you experience life (so if you're always saying 'that doesn't feel right' or 'I can't quite grasp that / get a hold of that' etc)
I do trust my instinct.

Goals
- your goals are higher than average
Maybe

- you have a fair number of goals
Yes

- you put energy into your goals
Yes

Comunication
- you are generally warm in your communication style, but you sometimes talk in circles / doublespeak
Absolutely true

Orderliness:

- your thoughts are quite orderly, but do vary
Yes

- you like shortcuts
Yes, but not if they hurt the overall task.

vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 05:49 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
What does this mean? Sounds "New Age".
Hmmm...some people spend a lot of time look further ahead. Some people spend a lot of time going 'what if'...rather than just experiencing the moment. I would say it's a difference of focus (though I doubt people who 'experience the moment' think they focus on it...but it's where their focus is)

Quote:
So can everybody
Most people in the west fall into this category, including myself, but not all. My neighbour for example, is a workaholic. I don't think anyone has ever accused him of being 'a little lazy'.

Thanks for your replies.
0 Replies

iclearwater

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 05:53 pm
Quote:
So can everybody

This could be tricky in language. Lazy about what?

Even some people are workaholic, they can be lazy in housework, in sporting, etc.
Wink

vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 06:00 pm
@iclearwater,
More lines are preferable because:
- patterns arise. The more consistent the pattern, the surer you can be that the trait exists (one offs could simply be that - one offs. No ones handwriting is perfectly consistent)
- you can use the front margins to form part of your analysis (very orderly people like orderly margins)
- you can use the end of lines to form part (a person who constantly tries to squeeze their words in before the end of a page, doesn't plan ahead well)
- you can use the space between lines to form part of your analysis (a person who overlaps their writing lines usually does similar in social interactions - ie crowds others)
- you can use the slope of imaginary line on which the writing is put as part of your analysis (more complicated to explain)
- where gaps appear between lines, it shows thought before writing (the hand naturally flows over the page as one writes)

A lot of it, once you look into it, is very common sense (eg. a person who's writing slopes upwards is confident relating to what they are writing, and sloping downwards is not confident/is depressed - when the baseline is completely level and one word suddenly slopes down or up - reading this trait becomes very close to completely accurate...excepting that we humans are complex and contradictory creatures). A lot of other things, were found out through research.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 06:05 pm
@iclearwater,
Quote:
This could be tricky in language. Lazy about what?

Even some people are workaholic, they can be lazy in housework, in sporting, etc.
General life. When I said 'a little lazy' and I say it's a trait...look at the overall aspect of life. Apply it across it. No-one begrudges downtime, because we simply cannot work all day, every day. Use your judgement as to whether or not 'a little lazy' truly applies, or whether or not a person saying that of another is being overly harsh.

Look at it, as a whole, in comparison to others (it's the easiest way to understand this, because everything is a spectrum, and we humans represent that spectrum)

0 Replies

iclearwater

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 06:08 pm
Many years ago, I ran into a person who could read exactly about me. ( I don't say she can read everyone.)

She was a street vendor, and I bought two bottles of water from her, while waiting for my friend's coming at the entrance of subway. I chatted with her for a little while, and she exactly voluntarily revealed two facts about my life, which could hardly be detected. I was kind of being shocked. No, she didn't ask for money for this. Soon, I left after my friend arrived.

I also know a little about "cold reading", but no, that was not a trick, I believe she read me with her knowledge.

I assumed she just stayed on the street all day and all night, that gave her a great opportunity to observe all kinds of people. She unconsciously trained herself.
vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 07:18 pm
@iclearwater,
Not sure about cold reading ('m sure some people are way more intuitive than most, but thee science behind it is iffy)... but the fact about handwriting analysis is, that data samples can be gathered about it. You can look at 1000 (or whatever size) people with x, y, z traits, and look at their handwriting, and see similarities.

The problem with it of course, is that it studies the affects of the subconscious...which isn't fully understood, by anyone, in any field. Currently, from what I can work out, the best they have is 'these handwriting traits are consistent with these (list) human traits'. Some of it is remarkably accurate, others not so much
iclearwater

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 07:49 pm
@vikorr,
When the most of leaves of a plant fade all of a sudden, there must be something wrong with its root beneath.

Each person has two sides - external and internal ones, which are consistent with each other generally, if they don't intentionally pretend for different purposes, i.e. lying, performing, etc.

The external ones are people's verbal language, non-verbal languages ( body languages, works incuding artistic works, i.e. painting, music, writing), home decoration, attires, handwriting. The external ones always can represent the inner worlds of people's. Again, if they don't try to pretend or lie, even so, they cannot lie everything.

If I throw a sand into a lake, there are no ripples that can be detectable by naked eyes. If I throw a huge stone, people will see the ripples, the breaks, and hear the sound. There are always reactions from people but it depends on the degrees of the stimulations. Once the stimulation is big enough, there's no way for a liar to hide or someone to pretend.

Some people, especially outward and or emotional people, are like an open book, and they are very easy to read. Some people are not, but that doesn't mean they are unreadable. It depends on skills, knowledge, talent, instinct of different people.

Yes, I believe handwriting can possibly tell the info of people in all aspects, because everything people unconsciously represent always connects to their inner world more or less.
vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 07:54 pm
@iclearwater,
Quote:
Yes, I believe handwriting can possibly tell the info of people in all aspects, because everything people unconsciously represent always connects to their inner world more or less.
Those are the same things:
- subconsciously
- unconsciously
- inner world to outerworld

As I said, what you write is conscious, how you write - no one actually thinks about that, except children learning to write, or on cards.
iclearwater

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 08:10 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Those are the same things:
- subconsciously
- unconsciously
- inner world to outerworld

I beg to differ. At least they are different to me.

inner world = I can perceive and consciously or unconsciously or subconsciously. For example, I often consciously dialogue to my inner world.

Subconscious mind =/= I consciously dialogue to myself. In a trance induced by other people, the person in a deep trance, the connection between himself to the outside world is the voice of the inducer. People can drive subconsciously.

When a person in a coma, I don't believe the major part of subconscious mind works, but unconscious mind takes over.

I admit "subconscious" and "unconscious" often overlap in different works by people. I would use either of them when I refer to the same thing, but I perceive the three terms differently.

vikorr

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 08:23 pm
@iclearwater,
Fair enough, but now we are getting into the realm of 'what it means to me', which is different for everyone.

So if you call your 'thinking' your inner world, then yes, it is conscious. If you call your inner world 'what goes on in my mind that I don't see' then it's your subconscious.

As for the difference between unconsciously, and unconsciously...if you do something without conscious thought - that is the very definition of 'unconsciously' (without conscious thought), but it is also the definition 'subconsciously' (acting from a level below conscious thought, hence subconscious)

Quote:
When a person in a coma, I don't believe the major part of subconscious mind works, but unconscious mind takes over.
Well, you may have an understanding that I use, but with differing words. I use:
- conscious (obvious)
- semi-conscious (you make a split second decision, but afterwards you can explain in great detail, what occurred in your mind in those split seconds)
- subconscious (level below the ability to recall from memory 'what went through your mind')

You could even add a level to that, to include 'instinct'

Are you somewhat familiar with the 3 major areas of the brain, and their function?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 08:28 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

https://images2.imgbox.com/72/f5/oGXkdFA5_o.jpg

You are cheerful, outgoing, and make friends easily. This is confirmed by the tea leaves. I'm sure chicken entrails would come up the same, but I am about out of chickens.