Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 08:08 pm
Sounds like you picked a winner.

That sucks, it's pretty much impossible to really find out what they're like just from interviewing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:04 pm
Slappy, maybe we could set up our winner with your winner! They could go find their own apaprtment.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:17 pm
why the BLEEP is he cooking now? it's 11:20 pm. i'm gonna kill him, i swear.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:17 pm
Oh yea...good idea.

Ever been to someone's apartment where all the roomates were just slobs? When there's not even one clean one...it's almost comical.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:28 pm
god damn, how much do i not miss that whole thing.

Last roommate situation was six people in one unheated house on the coast. All broke, all drunks, all slobs.

Actually, would've been all right if a couple of people hadn't been pissed off all the time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:34 pm
He came in and stood outside my bedroom door again. He starts whole new conversations with, "yeah....". (as in, "Yeah, hellO, how are you?" My door is ajar and he was looking at me through the crack of the door while he was talking to me. I am working and I looked up to answer him, looked back through the crack of the door and he moved aside as if he wasn't peering through. Now, I don't think this is sleezy in the least, but he knows it's not ok, or else he wouldn't have moved away, right?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:38 pm
if i weren't a peacebuilder, he'd be in trouble. my whole bedroom smells of his stupid pasta with parmesan cheese. WAAAAAAAAAH.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:40 pm
At least it's not the smell of liver or lamb. Or salmon!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:44 pm
i should thank him for that personally. i think i will go thank him at 3am. wake him up with a good smack upside his head, thank him and wish him sweet dreams.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 09:46 pm
There's some good peace for ya! I wonder if it would work for an activity on deconstructing the white privilege....?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 01:09 am
I think Dag should have a honest talk with him

With his hands cuffed behind his back (or held by lil'k) Twisted Evil

Do post pics.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 06:23 am
littlek wrote:
There's some good peace for ya! I wonder if it would work for an activity on deconstructing the white privilege....?

and for teamwork!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 07:57 am
Poor guy.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 12:29 pm
xa-xa:)
He seems to be annoyingly nice. Maybe as u r not telling him openly that u do not want to be this close with him, he thinks u r fine with his attitude? Sad
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 12:36 pm
i don't talk to him much at all, so that's not much of an issue. just one of his quirks. i started putting up signs, reminders. because even when you tell him something, he won't respond in action. he will say yes, i'll do this, but then he won't. he keeps putting dirty dishes among clean after dishwasher has been run- he never once put clean dishes away, i don't think. he once said he should help me when i was doing it, but continued yakking and looking at me as i was doing it. so i made a sign saying 'dirty' and 'clean', hopefully it will help him stay on track. but i won't hold my breath.
next sign, if i get pissed off, will be 'wipe counter after cooking'. he boasts about how he loves to cook, then he leaves greasy and sticky spots and crumbs everywhere. and stove dirty as well. that i told him a few times. so it's not about not telling him what we want, it's about him not responding to that. dunno. i started avoiding him openly, and i think he picked up on that. he talks less to me now and that suits me just fine.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:41 pm
Sounds like somebody who's been dependent on other people his entire life and now wants to make a big show of what big independent guy he is.

At least, he sounds superficially like a former housemate who was like that. We filled his bed up with his dirty pots and pans a few times (a stronger message than a sign, I think). Then he moved out and got scabies -- and in that order, thankfully.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 05:38 pm
You guys should leave random things at his door, like dead puppies with steak knives sticking out of them. Or you know, something else fun like that.

Or...just a note that tells him to clean stuff.

Wait...does he ever leave on the weekends? Let's set up a beer pong table in his bedroom, play for 6 hours or so, then leave the mess. That way, I get to play beer pong, go home, and not worry about pissing off one of my roomates.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 05:39 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
You guys should leave random things at his door, like dead puppies with steak knives sticking out of them. Or you know, something else fun like that.

Or...just a note that tells him to clean stuff.
Dead puppies sound good, unless this means to go and kill the poor animal Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 06:08 pm
Eva wrote:
Don't hint. Just tell the guy that it embarrasses you, for heaven's sake!

Yep. Dont hint. Four out of five times, a guy will not pick up on hints (except perhaps, but even then only if youre lucky, from their girlfriend/wife). And in fact (and not wholly unreasonably, I may add), consider them a passive agressive thing. Just say what you want, or dont want, already.

I sympathise though. I once lived in a place with a couple of other students (but I shared my "kitchen" - well, stovetop I think it was - and shower with just the one other guy) - and one of them was a Portuguese guy. From the north, traditional background. Charming sometimes, but clueless. He drove the Portuguese girl who also lived there (and whom I was close with..) crazy. Because he was such a stereotypical classical Portuguese guy - spoiled brat, obviously brought up by a traditional family mamma who did everything for him, treated like a bit of a prince(ss); women, especially, were there to listen to him and encourage and commiserate.

Mind you, he was also funny and took everything light-hearted, never carried a grudge, never was grumpy (which on both counts set them two apart from the two Dutch in the flat). But cultural differences, yes: Very talkative. Very, err, confident, even when he didnt really know what the F he was talking about. Very close-up (and thats me talking, and compared to both of you, I'm sure I'm very close-up). Very clean, though. Just totally clueless about any cultural difference, but then I dont think he'd ever lived, or even been much abroad before.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 06:20 pm
We aren't hinting! We are, on the big points, saying what we feel. How is "I would prefer you not store your hinie hammock in the bathroom" not direct? Perhaps I should have left off the 'prefer' bit. Actually, I just like coming up with euphamisms for speedos.

But, seriously. D and I both told him no, flat out, about the table in the middle of the kitchen. I told him I couldn't deal with it there. No. Not going to happen. D said statements, but with more explanation. He kept trying to convince us. We kept saying no, he said "I get the message", but then continued to try to convince us....... An hour of 'discussion' after I'd told him when he called from the sidewalk with the table that I was sick and on my way to bed.

I guess it comes to this. I hate it when people disregard me. I hate it when kids do it, I hate it when dogs do it and I mostly hate it when other adults do it. It would be one thing if I was talking out my ass about math (his specialty), but not when it comes to my own personal life.
0 Replies