littlek

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 09:19 pm
Heehee....
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 10:35 pm
littlek wrote:

Her friends had settled down by the time Swiss woman came to see the place. She's great. I hope she agrees to live with us.
I've got my fingers crossed.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 12:47 am
@littlek,
Oh! Surprised

This is good, k! Excellent! Very Happy

I hope she's interested!

Fingers crossed!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:34 pm
She's not interested. Here we go again for round number.... 5?
msolga

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:03 pm
@littlek,
Bugger, k!

What a shame.

So back to square 1 you go!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 04:25 am
Mad

maybe send an email to friends -- remember how effective Jeremy can be with his networks... maybe he can help spread the word to some sensible people...
littlek

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:43 am
@dagmaraka,
I have sent an email to some, I send out a wider net. Good idea, Dag.
littlek

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 09:55 pm
OMG. Could she really be so idiotic that she doesn't get that her sister shouldn't be doing laundry her at our place on a Sunday evening?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:32 pm
@littlek,
Could you be so idiotic not to guess that? Sorry, little k, but this is a young person with apparently boundaries not like yours.

I'm keen on you, little k, but I don't know how you do all this, myself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:23 am
@littlek,
Well good luck with it, k.

Are you still stuck with the no male thing, giving the difficulties of finding someone suitable?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:18 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
OMG. Could she really be so idiotic that she doesn't get that her sister shouldn't be doing laundry her at our place on a Sunday evening? "

"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein was pretty smart for a human.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:23 am
I think there comes a time when you're too old for roommates.
Me? I was too old for that at 20 already! Very Happy

The 20+ crowd can be so inconsiderate without knowing. Unless you speak
up and tell them what's right from wrong, they never will get it.

littlek, isn't there a possibility of you getting a smaller place by yourself?
I hate for you to get taken advantage of on a regular basis. You're too nice
for this!

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:51 am
@littlek,
I know this is a venting thread, but really, I'm surprised that you're surprised.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:21 pm
oy. whatta wind.

remember the feeling, no fun. don't let her pick someone else like that...i.e. young.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 04:11 pm
I can't afford a place of my own. Not anywhere near where I work now. I suppose I could leave the state, but I moved back here for good reasons.

Although, there have been some tempting places to move to where there is one housemate who is closer to my own age (still more expensive than I'm paying now).

One Who's Leaving is now saying she'll charge us for a portion of our rent if we don't agree on a person before she moves out.

Still only one has said yes.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 05:55 pm
@littlek,
Yes, inner city housing can get expensive. littlek, did the landlady give you
first right to decide who can move in? Perhaps an older person (male or female) is more settled and you wouldn't have to look for another
housemate every year. It must be difficult to get used to new people, especially when they're as inconsiderate as the one you have now.

What happened to the Irish guy?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:03 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

One Who's Leaving is now saying she'll charge us for a portion of our rent if we don't agree on a person before she moves out.

It sounds like things are getting even more tense around there. One Who's Leaving signed a lease and is now trying to leave before the lease is up, right? She has no recourse to charge you for her obligation.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 06:06 pm
I told the Irish guy no deal last week. We still email a bit as he is also in special ed. I may be able to get him back, but if so not for long.

Person leaving has given us almost 3 months notice (we've been looking for 1 month and we have a little more than 1 month yet to look) and feels she has made an effective good faith effort to replace herself.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 08:17 pm
Hey, one good (but very young) person here tonight! It'll get me through to next lease cycle and then I will see about having the lease in my name (and see how few liabilities I can swing if I do that).
msolga

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 05:06 pm
@littlek,
Well?

Any response yet, k?

Fingers crossed for you, though an ancient person would be preferable, of course! Wink
0 Replies